• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whis Speed Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be quite frank, We have Whis at 72x Quadrillion times the speed of light, but how we got it made no sense. The calc that was linked completely assumed he went completely across the Kaioshin Realm, To the Physical Universe.

Nothing suggests Whis needed to travel that far, All he needed to do was get a little far, before rewinding time. Not LITERALLY go across 10% of the whole Universe, and travel back. (However, It has been a long time since I last watched the episode, so if there is a statement which says Whis traveled to the Physical Universe, Please do show it)

In conclusion, Whis should be downgraded to his previous rating which was in the hundreds of times faster than light from him traveling from Universe 7 to 6.

What are you even saying. The Whis feat has to deal with him traveling to the Kaioshin Realm, Afterlife, Beerus' Place and Earth via flight. It has nothing to do with his Temporal Rewind.

Zamasu also does a similar feat where he flies from his universe's Kaioshin Realm to that random planet very quickly.

@Matthew I have no idea what you're even saying.

1: That had utterly nothing to do with what was being said.

2: I'm pretty sure Kai's have techniques like getting around with teleportation... Like Instanious movement.

Except that Whis

1. Ain't a Kai

2. Actually flies because we know it takes time. See Beerus' famous "It'll take the length of an anime episode for us to get there"

1: I didn't say anything about Whis in my 2nd part.

2: I know he flies.... That again, Has nothing to do with what was being said.

I don't know where you you're getting this time rewind stuff from. Its not stated or implied anywhere in the episode that Whis was messing with time. Whis literally says "We're gonna fly to Earth from our realm, it's gonna take 20+ minutes"

I'm pretty sure we didn't even know Whis had time powers at this point in time.

@Algaro the calc for Whis traveling across the universe in a short timespan. The time ability wasn't remotely established until Resurrection F.

..... The calc in question is where Whis stops Zamasu from killing Gowasu..... He re-winds time after seeing Zamasu killing him, Than flies back to the Kaioshin planet in a very small time-frame.

@Algaro the rewind time doesn't affect the calc at all. He merely had a head start from Zamasu.

.... Did you even read what I said? I never said it ever affected the calc. Read what I originally wrote, I'm questioning the distance the calc which is the reason why Whis is 72 Quadrillion times faster than light.

@Matt I know he didn't...... I already said he didn't. You were talking about Zamasu, and I said Kai's have Instanious Movement. Which is why he got back extremely fast. If you were speaking about Zamasu, then give me the part of the episode which said he flew.

@Algaro you're looking at the wrong direction. Whis is around that because of beelining to earth in like 10 seconds

.... No. That's not what's linked to his profile. What you're talking about was just calced in the Trillions of times faster than light, as we used the four galaxy range as a low-ball.

OK. And I'll repeat myself one last time, I know he didn't, You're not understanding what I'm saying, But perhaps I'm just explaining it horribly.

No, I'm not mistaking anything. The Calc which is the reason Whis is 72 Quadrillion's times faster than light is from this...[[1]] This calc was made specifically from Whis saving Gowasu.... Why do you think Whis was ranked at Trillions of times faster than light for every other calc? Until the Naruto Forums calced this?

I'm going to bed, I'll respond to any messages I get over night.

Wait, why wouldn't Whis travel that distance? He can't teleport, and Goku can't Instant Transmission. Whis had to fly from a roughly-Earth distance back to the Kaioshin realm.

Algaro said:
OK. And I'll repeat myself one last time, I know he didn't, You're not understanding what I'm saying, But perhaps I'm just explaining it horribly.
No, I'm not mistaking anything. The Calc which is the reason Whis is 72 Quadrillion's times faster than light is from this...[[1]] This calc was made specifically from Whis saving Gowasu.... Why do you think Whis was ranked at Trillions of times faster than light for every other calc? Until the Naruto Forums calced this?

I'm going to bed, I'll respond to any messages I get over night.
Wrong. The calc was Whis bringing Dinosaur meat for Beerus in episode 2.

Also Whis has a better feat of traveling to earth from Beerus's planet in a shorter time frame (Episode 69: Goku Vs. Arale!) which isn't yet quantified

Did you type that in as soon as possible, so you could say I was wrong? The calc you linked put them at Billions of times faster then light.... Not only that, But that has nothing to do with his current speed rating.

He stayed at the Hundreds of Billions times faster than light, then we changed it to Trillions of times faster than light from him moving Goku and them between Universe 7 and 6, Before we replaced said calc with this one.

@Glass Okay, This one makes more sense than the current one we have. Although, Since when did we use that map to scale in the Anime?

Algaro said:
Did you type that in as soon as possible, so you could say I was wrong?
Yes I did :3

My bad I misread the link being in the Quadrillion range. Anyway those calcs are in the Billion/Trillion range because they didn't used the map for scaling. Also Whis travelling to earth from Beerus's planet during Battle of Gods is a low-end feat

The calc you and Theglassman12 posted are high end.

The map is from Daizenshuu 4, it's a legit DB Encyclopedia approved by Akira Toriyama

I'm aware they're approved, yes. (But I believe some folks here, didn't really accept them.) But the problem with it, is that most of those things aren't exactly to scale. Why should we automatically assume it's to scale, when we didn't accept Snake Way, and they're multiple of other figures which are hugely out of proportions? Which makes me automatically question the validity of the calc, even if it's a High-End.

Edit: And wasn't that the same guide which says the Universe is an Endless, expansive space? While in Super, that clearly isn't the case.

So Infinite speed for Angels lol

I understand the map is not for the purpose to scale. Even though DB Universe is huge. Hell & heaven itself are the size of a universe. 93 Billion LY is a massive lowball

Edit: The Kaioshin realm looks different from the physical universe. So the feat is correct

Sure, it looks different, But its size is questionable. The Kaioshin Realm is 10% of the Universe, because the guide stated it. (It was stated no where else from my knowledge) However, Like I said. I question the guides when it contradicts Super. The guides state the Universe is endless, and expanding.

While, In Super, they clearly show the Universe is far from Endless. While Toriyama might've approved of it, I question its actual validity when it's being contradicted.

And apparently Earth is near the edge of the Universe, so to go from King Kai's world, to Earth. May not be nearly that large of a distance apart.

Why are you bringing up King Kai's planet? That has nothing to do with the feats we showed.

I know it doesn't, That was just one little point I added on to what was being addressed. The feat could be correlated to how one could conclude the distance between King Kai's planet, to Earth, Which gives an estimate of the distance between Beerus planet to Earth, given the time difference between the two.

You're nitpicking and only giving commentary of tiny remarks I'm making, Which is fine... But I would much more prefer if you guys actually reaponded to the main thing which I'm saying: The flaw of the distance assumption of the calc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back