• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whitebeard Vs Saitama - KingTempest's Nightmare

When does he ever grapple
Never because he usually one-shots people as here. But it still is a wincon. Isn't that what you asked?
Based on nothing. He needed Genos to die for a boost like this.
Based on nothing? Do we read the same series? Saitama was talking about a good battle since chapter one and about how his emotions are dulled because of his boredom. He literally calls a worthy fight his deepest wish. The dream version of Subterranian fight is another example for importance of a worthy fight.
Saitama doesn't have a stamina feat over 2 hours. Whitebeard fought for 3 days straight.
Breaking the limiter is introduced as the highest level willpower feat in OPM. Both Gyoro Gyoro's and Dr.Genus' explanation show that. That would make Saitama scale to any other willpower feat in the series including Garou's.
What skill feat does Saitama have at all.
This key doesn't have skill feats. But he should slightly downscale from his later key as I mentioned before. And that key is > Garou who is >>>>> Whitebeard.
And with Whitebeard's Observation I'd be surprised if Saitama could hit him enough times for growth of that nature
I would be surprised if Whitebeard could hit Saitama without shattering his hand or straight up dying.

And here is an additional point. This Saitama is very close to breaking his limiter. Even in a unlikely situation where he starts to lose, he just surpasses his limit which is his 4-A key.

In Training Saitama's AD kicks in because of either strong emotions as is excitement for a worthy battle or even just the mention of monetary gain as seen in the Road to Hero OVA and being pushed to his physical limits like against Light Pull Cord, in any case the AD is ridiculous enough for Saitama to one shot and blitz opponents that were stomping him

Regardless of that all Saitama needs here is a finger flick or just catch one punch from Whitebeard (like he did against Tank Top Black Hole) and he wins.

I'm saying that's the level of "surge of emotion" required, since him in equal/relative fights with others (he has the advantage this won't even be a relative fight) never gave him the emotion to rise from that

Regardless, I'll scrap it
Fair enough. Also since I have zero interest into VS debating, I will unfollow the thread here.

Never because he usually one-shots people as here. But it still is a wincon. Isn't that what you asked?
I guess
Based on nothing? Do we read the same series? Saitama was talking about a good battle since chapter one and about his emotions are dulled because of his boredom. He literally calls a worthy fight his deepest wish. The dream version of Subterranian fight is another example for importance of a worthy fight.
Saying that him getting into a fight with someone 1/4th his strength making him get rapidly stronger is ridiculousness
Breaking the limiter is introduced as the highest level willpower feat in OPM. Both Gyoro Gyoro's and Dr.Genus' explanation show that. That would make Saitama scale to any other willpower feat in the series including Garou's.
I'd argue WB's is better
This key doesn't have skill feats. But he should slightly downscale from his later key as I mentioned before. And that key is > Garou who is >>>>> Whitebeard.
Saitama being superior to Garou in skill is ridiculous
I would be surprised if Whitebeard could hit Saitama without shattering his hand or straight up dying.

And here is an additional point. This Saitama is very close to breaking his limiter. Even in a unlikely situation where he starts to lose, he just surpasses his limit which is his 4-A key.
-_- yeah i'm out

Saying that him getting into a fight with someone 1/4th his strength making him get rapidly stronger is ridiculousness
I am not saying it will make him get stronger. But you are saying Whitebeard would win in which case Saitama's AD kicks in once he is pushed. The situation works for him either way.
I'd argue WB's is better
I mean he can very well have a thousand times more stamina. It doesn't matter because what I am talking about is stamina to not get exhausted for a day.
-_- yeah i'm out
I am not sure whether to take this as an agreement or dismissing my argument.

Whitebeard after Saitama catches one of his punches:
0022-032.png

Saitama in character always lets his opponents hit him first too. What's stopping WB from literally scrambling his brain with a gura punch? When Garou hit him with dura neg he was far stronger than Garou to begin with, but in here they're pretty damn close.

Then it’s not a wincon

even against someone he can’t one shot he doesn’t grapple

Sigh… Saitama’s tankingand punching made him more skillful than Garou.

Can we get much higher?

so highhhhh

woahhhh… woahhhhh…

Saitama in character always lets his opponents hit him first too.
No, he doesn't. Especially this key doesn't.
but in here they're pretty damn close
Several one-shot worthy gaps isn't what I would call close.
When Garou hit him with dura neg he was far stronger than Garou to begin with,
Cosmic Garou hit him with RASRF later on and he was still unaffected

Alright here me out on this.

Yes Saitama one shots

Yes Saitama grabs and Whitebeards dead

But Saitama’s also got a good bit of non physical interaction right? So like if Whitebeard cracks the air like he usually does, you think Saitama could just like….crack the air back.

Cause like he’s already broken through dimensions from “knocking.” So like maybe, Whitebeard’s devil fruit would be totally useless to Saitama like that.

Didn't Tatsumaki's attempt to manipulate his chi and break Saitama only ended up making him vibrate?

If WB's entire thing is reliant on that this seems like a stomp.

Didn't Tatsumaki's attempt to manipulate his chi and break Saitama only ended up making him vibrate?

Nah that's different. In the webcomic I believe there's the (currently unexplored/potentially retconned) weakness of opponents having too strong a will being pretty tough against her psychokinesis.
WB is just regular offense that goes through your dura via vibrations.

But it's still a stomp. WB probably rattles him if he hits him, but Saitama can basically one tap him.

Nah that's different. In the webcomic I believe there's the (currently unexplored/potentially retconned) weakness of opponents having too strong a will being pretty tough against her psychokinesis.
WB is just regular offense that goes through your dura via vibrations.

But it's still a stomp. WB probably rattles him if he hits him, but Saitama can basically one tap him.
Just reread it and yeah strength of will and psychic resistance go hand in hand. But Tatsumaki was still causing internal damage through that (Saitama's muscles were vibrating on his own).

Yeah that happened in the wc, but this is In-Training Saitama who casually resisted Tatsumaki's telekinesis with her stating that he was a being that had surpassed her powers in an audibook.

And yes the audiobooks are canon material written by ONE.

Yeah that happened in the wc, but this is In-Training Saitama who casually resisted Tatsumaki's telekinesis with her stating that he was a being that had surpassed her powers in an audibook.

And yes the audiobooks are canon material written by ONE.
Oh dang I didn't know that feat existed. In that case yeah I'm gonna agree with you on that.

Back