• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who Can Beat The Numidium?

GLHF22 said:
All outer God say no u to world refusal since they know they are but dream of spaghetti god
Read the OP. Also it's not as simple as knowing who they are.

So me hitting you in the face with a fireball is giving you the power to be hit in the face with a fireball?

I mean I guess you could say it's a "state of being" bestowal, but that's not really the same as power bestowal.

There is a subtle difference.

Power Bestowal gives you power.

The numidium instead gives nothing, in the most literal sense of the term.

And for the fireball, yes, that was the point of my sentence.

It's not giving you though, it's just forcing you to "see" God and dissolve back into the allness of the Dream.

It's a weird kind of power bestowal because if bestows you the knowlage that you are just a dream

which then leads to you getting Zero-Summed

I think you're talking about CHIM, which isn't a power either it's a state of being, Zero-Summing happens when you fail that and poof yourself.

The God Of Procrastination said:
EmperorRorepme said:
It doesn't make you 1-A it just disproves your existence and that you are in fact a infinitesimal facet of the Godhead in reality.
Didn't Vivec survive that through sheer willpower, the result being his 1-A key?
Wasn't that attaining CHIM, understanding you're a dream of the Godhead, but having enough will to exist, which prevents Zero Summing?

Both Vivec and Talos have achieved CHIM which is basically managing to not zero sum and couldn't defeat the Numidium. Only Jubal could and that wasn't even through AP but through using an empty speech bubble to cut his head off.

For Numidium, CHIM isn't an answer to its EE, at least not permanently. CHIM would only allow you to even be in its presence without instantly getting EEed, and only for some time. You'd need to use the short time you get to do something else. In Jubal's case, he used infinite IQ 1-A Social Influencing in order to confuse Numidium. And while it was trying to understand the logic of what Jubal just said, got its head cut off by an empty speech bubble.

Getting his head cut off by an empty speech bubble is metaphorical not literal, Jubal defeated him by deconstructing his logic, and in doing so, his meaning for existence.

In Landfall Day One the Hortator had CHIM, and well we all know how that turned out.

Ogbunabali said:
Getting his head cut off by an empty speech bubble is metaphorical not literal, Jubal defeated him by deconstructing his logic, and in doing so, his meaning for existence.
In Landfall Day One the Hortator had CHIM, and well we all know how that turned out.
Considering that the Numidium is an overpowered esoteric computer, deconstructing its logic would indeed destroy it. Does this mean that Numidium is an upgraded ENIAC?

Back