• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why have the speeds of the Weather Trio been set to Unknown?

Unclechairman

VS Battles
Retired
If it's because of a lack of justification, there actually is a justification for quad digit mach speed. It just isn't linked in the speed section because the calc is in the same blog post as the one for the Moon level AP. It comes from the speed of the beam that was launched up into the sky to dissipate the artificial sun that Groudon created.

It probably was because it wasn't mentioned in the speed section, But does that speed calc count for both their movement/combat speed or just their attack speed?

All right. You can reinsert the speed levels with an appropriate link then.

So I've finished resetting the speed for their Primal forms, but I didn't do so for their base forms as I'm unsure if the feat scales to them. A comment on the linked calc says it scales to the Primal forms because the beam that dissipated the artificial sun came from the leftover natural energy that Groudon had absorbed to become Primal Groudon. I don't think this rationale can be used to justify scaling it to the base forms.

Also, there is the issue of whether this scales to base Rayquaza or not. Base Rayquaza defeated the Primal forms in the past, but there was an apparent uncertainty about whether or not the Primals were as strong as they were when they reemerged later and were confronted by Mega Rayquaza.

Lastly, what's the deal with Kyogre's statisitics? It's Striking Strength is Unknown despite Groudon's not being so, and it's AP is only Small Continent level compared to Groudon's Large Continent.

As far as I'm aware, the base form speed is hard to determine. I'd say you put it up as "(Primal Fome speed), probably lower".

Again, you are correct. Base Ryquaza's speed is indeterminate as well, but the evidence suggests that base Rayquaza speed should have been comparable. Hence, I would suggest "Likely (Primal Fome speed)".

I don't know about that. But it should definitely scale to Groudon. I think AP is listed as such because there isn't a feat to back it up. In any case, upgrade to Large Continent, and cite reason as power-scaling from Groudon.

You can link the calc on Kyogre's page as a note, since the calc would not really be relevant to its newly-modified statistics.

The only other speed feats the Weather trio has are rising from the Seafloor Cavern to the surface in seconds or less (the Seafloor Cavern is 10 miles beneath the surface according to a BuzzNav broadcast), and then travelling to the Cave of Origin underneath Sootopolis City (likely unquantifiable since I don't recall a timeframe being specified nor any clues that might help us discern one).

Nevertheless, I will edit the pages accordingly.

Done with editing the Speed stats.

The only issues that remain are Kyogre and Rayquaza's Striking Strength. Why are they set at Unknown? Kyogre possibly has a justification, since it specializes in non-physical attacks, but Rayquaza is physically just as powerful as Groudon in both of their respective Mega/Primal forms.

Back