• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why was TF2 downgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasnt though, we dont ever see where he is in relation to the explosion.

And?

Seeing as half of the previous thread was determining that game mechanics were canon that really makes no difference here.
Well, we see that the rockets all directly hit him, and he's flying out of the explosion.
Scout tanking it as he already was injured makes 9-A more legit.
Cutscenes should have more value than gameplay.

Well, we see that the rockets all directly hit him, and he's flying out of the explosion.
Scout tanking it as he already was injured makes 9-A more legit.
Cutscenes should have more value than gameplay.
We dont though, the scen cuts away from him and as explained on th previous thread the rockets directly hitting him wouldnt have sent him flying like it did
It really doesnt, not without any supporting evidence and certainly not while he has still been oneshot by low-end 9-A feats
He gets oneshot by 9-B stuff in cutscenes

It looks but no one is shown tanking it or how it was made.

Although from what i heard, soldier is super close to 9-A anyway.

This calc looks approved, If not, which one does the 9-B come from?

For me being like 6-7x away from 9-A is super close compared to baseline 9-B being nearly 1400x times away from 9-A

Last edited:
Yeah but they needed 3 rockets to make a similar explosion, that explosions could've taken more, and again, no one tanked so it is less usable than the one scout survived.

Yeah, not 3 giant ones at once, those rockets that hit scout for example are different from the ones used by soldier too.

Yes i know, i'm saying it is similar to the one scout survived, ehoch in turn means they used a similar method to cause it, and no one tanked so it is unreliable to use it.

Chip damaging is something we avoid treating as a solid AP feat, and especially sharp/piecing weapons being involved. But bisecting them would be a different story, which is not what happens. Also again, Scout getting knocked out and barely surviving is not solid evidence for durability, especially if one rocket doing that to him before that incident points to tanking three being an outlier. It's just an anti-feat followed by another anti-feat.

Rockets are 9-B individually, and it's not just game mechanics; the comics and cutscenes also potray the Mercs getting their heads exploded by shotguns and rifles if shot at close range. Also, after the heat revisions, Cow Mangler cannot scale to anyone's durability.

Chip damaging is something we avoid treating as a solid AP feat, and especially sharp/piecing weapons being involved. But bisecting them would be a different story, which is not what happens. Also again, Scout getting knocked out and barely surviving is not solid evidence for durability, especially if one rocket doing that to him before that incident points to tanking three being an outlier. It's just an anti-feat followed by another anti-feat.

Rockets are 9-B individually, and it's not just game mechanics; the comics and cutscenes also potray the Mercs getting their heads exploded by shotguns and rifles if shot at close range. Also, after the heat revisions, Cow Mangler cannot scale to anyone's durability.
That's the most comprehensible reply towards the TF2 AP downgrade in this thread

I think DDM makes sense here.

Right now I mean the blast right at the start of the video.

Last edited:

That's not true. Scout was running to medic, already injured. He got hit by a rocket's backblast and fell. Then he took all three rockets and still survived.

I already addressed that; yes he did have some scratches, but the splash blast of that one rocket still broke his leg so he couldn't walk, and the three rockets thing was an attack made his entire body crippled. Which I already addressed that simply surviving an attack isn't enough to be considered durability; you need to be able to actually stand up to it in order for it to count as durability.

I already addressed that; yes he did have some scratches, but the splash blast of that one rocket still broke his leg so he couldn't walk, and the three rockets thing was an attack made his entire body crippled. Which I already addressed that simply surviving an attack isn't enough to be considered durability; you need to be able to actually stand up to it in order for it to count as durability.
How do you know his leg was broken? And again, right now I'm talking about the explosion right at the start of the video that covered half of the screen.

No, that explosion has not been calculated at all, but it's unusable because we don't know how many rockets it took to cause it.

Also, sorry for an off topic, but what is TF2 speed based on? I see a calculation, but I have no idea on what feat it is based.

The speed ratings also have a lot of issues; and the calcs for them are like poorly organized. They're probably going to need reevaluations too. And the Bonk calculation also seems to relay on reaching.

Yea the BONK calculation + the scaling seems very inaccurate. All the ingame stats say is that scout is invulnerable, him being knocked back is probably just game mechanics. Not to mention, the Mercs can't even hit scout on BONK so they shouldn't scale.

Yea the BONK calculation + the scaling seems very inaccurate. All the ingame stats say is that scout is invulnerable, him being knocked back is probably just game mechanics. Not to mention, the Mercs can't even hit scout on BONK so they shouldn't scale.
No, just no

Scout literally says "I am a blur here" after he drinks BONK and when he gets hit it always renders hits as miss, even bullets followed by sentries
They sure don't scale to scout but scout IS going fast not going invulnerable

Again, what feat is current speed based on?
It's based on comparing the in-game speed of the mercs to the in-game speed of Soldier's rockets.

Example:

Rockets move at 1100 hammerunits per second;

Rockets from an RPG-7 move at 300 meters per second in real life;

1100 hammerunits equal to 300 meters per second.

300 / 1100 = 0.2727272727272727

1 hammerunit equals to 0.2727272727272727 meters per second.

Scout moves at 400 hammerunits per second;

0.2727272727272727 * 400 = 109.090909

Therefore, Scout moves at 109.090909 meters per second; Subsonic.

It's based on comparing the in-game speed of the mercs to the in-game speed of Soldier's rockets.

Example:

Rockets move at 1100 hammerunits per second;

Rockets from an RPG-7 move at 300 meters per second in real life;

1100 hammerunits equal to 300 meters per second.

300 / 1100 = 0.2727272727272727

1 hammerunit equals to 0.2727272727272727 meters per second.

Scout moves at 400 hammerunits per second;

0.2727272727272727 * 400 = 109.090909

Therefore, Scout moves at 109.090909 meters per second; Subsonic.
Aren't the rockets confirmed to be 79 kmph?

Yes, the in-game speed of the rockets is 20.944 m/s.

The calc is based around the fact that the true speed of the rockets should be similar to the speed of real rockets; if they move at X% of the speed of an rocket in-game, then they should very much scale to X% of the speed of real rockets on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back