• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Winx Club - General Discussion

Honestly Winx is a really weird verse to powerscale, especially since after Enchantix, fairy forms aren't necessarily stronger than each other, but rather each is specialized to a different thing (Season 8 proves it outright)

Transformations are not inherently superior to one and another, but each transformation is a synonym of new powers and new horizons. Basically, whenever they get another transformation, they are stronger than how they were before.

PD: S8 just entertains the idea, but never actually says that each transformation is equal in power, it outright says the opposite in the Transformation section of it’s guidebook, but I wouldn’t recommend using that as a standard as well.

Transformations are not inherently superior to one and another, but each transformation is a synonym of new powers and new horizons. Basically, whenever they get another transformation, they are stronger than how they were before.

PD: S8 just entertains the idea, but never actually says that each transformation is equal in power, it outright says the opposite in the Transformation section of it’s guidebook, but I wouldn’t recommend using that as a standard as well.
If they were clearly weaker, then when they reused Enchantix they'd have been far weaker than normally, and yet they weren't. They also used Sirenix to the same extent. While I can agree that when they unlock new forms their general power increases, Post Season 4 Bloom for example in Believix isn't really stronger than if she'd turn Enchantix instead. Believix was simply more effective against the Wizards

If they were clearly weaker, then when they reused Enchantix they'd have been far weaker than normally, and yet they weren't. They also used Sirenix to the same extent. While I can agree that when they unlock new forms their general power increases, Post Season 4 Bloom for example in Believix isn't really stronger than if she'd turn Enchantix instead. Believix was simply more effective against the Wizards
Bold is what I’m saying, the point isn’t that S8 Enchantix Bloom would be weaker than S8 Believix Bloom, the point is to say that Believix Bloom = Post-Believix Enchantix Bloom > Pre-Believix Enchantix Bloom, for an instance.

Believix Magic isn’t more effective against the Wizards of the Black Circle than other types of Magic, Believix Magic is dangerous because people's belief in Magic directly interferes with the power balance. The more people believe in fairies, the stronger the Winx get, the weaker the Wizards get and viceversa. Whereas Believix is the magic to makes others believe in magic.

That said, I’m aware of what S8 tries to convey, however, the "each transformation specializes in X thing" is a weird assertion to make when the Winx can use Believix and Sirenix Magic without being transformed, or use fairy dust with other transformations.

The thing I don’t get about the original downgrade is that Season 1 Bloom was directly compared to the Great Dragon in magic output during S1, so she wouldn’t have it at her “Full Potential”, that’d just be her maximum power as of S1/S2 (Later on she splits her power six ways with the other Winx so it’d scale differently)

The thing I don’t get about the original downgrade is that Season 1 Bloom was directly compared to the Great Dragon in magic output during S1, so she wouldn’t have it at her “Full Potential”
Bloom is pretty much capable of using all the power of the Dragon Flame, but she willingly doesn’t. It figures why she'd had a different key for that and another for going all out. I do, however agree that the profile approach gives a wrong idea about what's the deal with the Dragon Flame and the "likely" is unnecessary towards any rating involving the Dragon Flame.
(Later on she splits her power six ways with the other Winx so it’d scale differently)
She gave each Winx a small spark of the Dragon Flame.

Slightly dead verse
Slightly?

Wouldn't there be multiple keys for the characters as well?
I would probably say the live-action Winx series be completely different profile linked with the original (and also from the upcoming animated Winx Reboot)

That said, Winx Club isn't very consistent with power-scaling past Season 3, as the the villains just seems to be resistant to their magic each season before they get a new form to beat them and then the cycle repeats, so it's hard to scale them

Back