• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

World of Light, but Canon

GreyFang82

He/Him
So I'm sure most people who clicked on this thread saw the World of Light Nintendo Direct short a few days back. I rewatched it an asked myself this...

What if Sakurai didn't wank make Kirby the only one survive?

How do you think the canonical version of each characters would do?

Now obviously there needs to be rules:

1) In order for your character of choice to survive they must be able to do one of two things.

• Escape the Battle (So they must either move faster than The Beam, or can teleport/portal create to a different galaxy or dimenstion.)
  • Be able to fight Galeem (So for sake of argument let's assume Galeem is as at least as strong Tabuu if not stronger, but only has the abilities shown in the trailer and the powers of Crazy Hand and Master Hand. Also if your character chooses to fight, but lacks speed for it, just assume their equalize speed.)
2) It must be from the canon versions of the character and must be the version shown in the trailer such as Link (Breath of the Wild), unless you did not see them on screen in which case you can assume they were in battle if they are on Smash 5's roster. No Prep Items other then their Final Smash, No Spin-off titles. No Composite Profiles. I'm looking at you Link.

3) Please share your reasoning for how or why said character could escape or fight Galeem.

Now, I'll start first. I think Ness could both put up a decent fight or escape. Here's why. Ness is was clearly established to be Low 2-C and with his resistances, PK Shield, healing, and other abilities I think Galeem would have trouble taking him down not to mention how well he would do as support for other Low 2-C characters and if he seems in a tough spot he could always try to teleport with three other survivors into Magicant to escape.

List of Characters that likely survived The Snap Galeem's Assault

• Bayonetta Gets the heck out of dodge, and into purgitorio.
  • The Belmonts say "You don't belong in this world" to Galeem's face.
  • Kirby hops on his warp star and gets the fork out of dodge, And likely hax fights Galeem.
  • Ness tries to fight back, or teleports to his safe space.
  • Shulk is really feeling this fight.
  • Super Sonic chooses to fight Galeem.
  • Rosalina and most of the Mario cast are fast as f-ck boi. Also some can fight back.

Sonic I understand, but Mario with Pure Hearts is from Paper Mario... That is not the version seen in the trailer.

I'm gonna add a rule to not include spin-off titles.

Genericstickman said:
Super Sonic and Pure Heart Mario punch Galeem due to higher AP
Yeah honestly, Super Sonic should be able to take Galeem considering he is the strongest smash character for being in 2-C.

GreyFang82 said:
Sonic I understand, but Mario with Pure Hearts is from Paper Mario... That is not the version seen in the trailer.
I'm gonna add a rule to not include spin-off titles.
Mario = Paper Mario, from what I recall.

"Note: Despite the confusion of the Mario Bros franchise canon due to its 5th installment of the Mario and Luigi series, Paper Jam, several games such as Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 5, and other installment has made several connections to the Paper Mario franchise which establish the series to be part of same verse. It should be noted that the Paper Mario series has made several connections to other games as well with an interview of the creator confirming that the overall franchise having no canon to speak of. As such, the character that appears in the Paper Mario series is still the same character from other installments. For the stats on Paper Mario, who appeared in Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, click here."

- Taken from Mario´s page.

MYHERO said:
Okay but how does that justify them being the same characters and having the same equipment?
Yes, as that has been discussed a lot and concluded as such.

Bobsican said:
"Note: Despite the confusion of the Mario Bros franchise canon due to its 5th installment of the Mario and Luigi series, Paper Jam, several games such as Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 5, and other installment has made several connections to the Paper Mario franchise which establish the series to be part of same verse. It should be noted that the Paper Mario series has made several connections to other games as well with an interview of the creator confirming that the overall franchise having no canon to speak of. As such, the character that appears in the Paper Mario series is still the same character from other installments. For the stats on Paper Mario, who appeared in Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, click here."
- Taken from Mario´s page.
I don't understand how they reached to this conclusion. They are established to be different characters because of the crossover game.

GreyFang82 said:
MYHERO said:
Okay but how does that justify them being the same characters and having the same equipment?
I mean... by that logic Sonic couldn't go super
No because Sonic has shown to go super. Did you ever see mario, not paper mario use the pure hearts?

Assuming the beams still scale to Kirby's warp star, where the beams were very clearly moving slightly faster than the warp star (only missing because of Kirby's reactions), most of the cast would be cut out simply due to lack of movement or reaction speeds even remotely close to MFTL.

However, let's say Shulk actually warned everyone, and yelled out something like "RUN!" or whatever, allowing everyone to be warned and to be on their toes.

Given the possible time travel from Yoshi's New Island, his several times of travelling through the fourth wall, etc., Mario would easily be fine

Whether or not the beams can hurt intangible things is unknown, meaning Boo Mario and Boo Luigi (also Vanish Luigi) may or not be okay

Peach, if she gets abilities from Mario-kun, can escape through the fourth wall

I'm curious if Mario-kun Daisy's spore transformation could help her escape, but I'm not really sure about it

Bowser has time travel hax and can possibly escape through the fourth wall like Mario

Rosalina could probably find some way to hax her way out Yoshi, if he gets abilities from Mario-kun, can escape through the fourth wall

Wario can travel through the fourth wall

Nah, no one in the trailer had prep. They seemed to have just seen the danger and grabbed the bare minimum...

Alright look, let's just remove Sonic and Mario from the list that survive because it seems as though they need prep for them to access their higher power forms.

Is that ok? So we can continue on with other characters?

Robot972 said:
Assuming the beams still scale to Kirby's warp star, where the beams were very clearly moving slightly faster than the warp star (only missing because of Kirby's reactions), most of the cast would be cut out simply due to lack of movement or reaction speeds even remotely close to MFTL.
Well, there was a calc and I would be more comfortable to use the calc for the speed comparison if you could. And besides the Kirby in the trailer isn't the same as the canon Kirby. Also this fourth wall argument is weird, is it listed somewhere they can travel to the real world or move between dimension by this ability?

Christian Higdon said:
Well, then.

Even then, Bowser could've easily ditched it.
Oh right, everyone in Mario out speeds and most likely have flight... Well dang.

Well, there was a calc and I would be more comfortable to use the calc for the speed comparison if you could. And besides the Kirby in the trailer isn't the same as the canon Kirby. Also this fourth wall argument is weird, is it listed somewhere they can travel to the real world or move between dimension by this ability?

I was just using it as a general statement. This thread's based off canon characters, so I was just saying, if the beams should still compare as they were shown, they would be as fast. I didn't really look around to see if there was an actual calculation for it, I was just going off that guesstimate. I understand it's not perfect.

Also, I'll look for the fourth wall stuff. I know I have it somewhere on my computer.

HOW BOWSER BEATS THANO-I MEAN, GALEEM

STEP 1: Run out!

STEP 2: Grab an artifact of any kind!

>Bowser grabs a stone

PERFECT!

STEP 3: Run that turtle a** back there!

STEP 4: USE IT!

STEP 5: Profit!

Mario and Kirby characters are faster than the beam, the latter can all fly to space outside of the galaxy without trouble and even hax Galeem into friendship. Iirc Shulk's precog was like weeks or months at best, so maybe him can... do something to avoid the beam.

Does the beam overcome Low-Godly? If not then Ganondorf survives it.

Eficiente said:
Mario and Kirby characters are faster than the beam, the latter can all fly to space outside of the galaxy without trouble and even hax Galeem into friendship. Iirc Shulk's precog was like weeks or months at best, so maybe him can... do something to avoid the beam.
Does the beam overcome Low-Godly? If not then Ganondorf survives it.
Well, I mean they don't die. there just captured. Would Ganondorf still escape?

Yeah, Ganon would probably get captured and that would technically put him out of commision and is no longer able to "fight" Galeem... Sorry.

MYHERO said:
Well, I mean they don't die. there just captured. Would Ganondorf still escape?
So like, if you resist Spatial hax you can survive that?

It seemed more of a sealing type of deal... which unfortunately usually hard counters ganon.

Christian Higdon said:
HOW BOWSER BEATS THANO-I MEAN, GALEEM
STEP 1: Run out!

STEP 2: Grab an artifact of any kind!

>Bowser grabs a stone

PERFECT!

STEP 3: Run that turtle a** back there!

STEP 4: USE IT!

STEP 5: Profit!
Why did i write this?

GreyFang82 said:
Fourth Wall stuff

Mario and Luigi pop out of Mario-kun to check on the artist after a lack of new material

Mario-kun travels through panels to escape foes

Mario jumps out of his game to get milk

Peach jumps through a tv to escape Bowser and his minions Bowser follows

I don't know the context, but Peach appears outside of the comic panel

Wario leaves Gameboy

Wario jumps through Mario's TV just to challenge him Debatable on whether or not fourth wall breaking

At some point in the Mario-kun comics, Wario breaks through comic panels, but I forget where.

So, most of these don't apply since I was writing the original comment while the rule of "canon only" was added

Back