• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst possible newcomer to Super Smash Bros.

Bobsican

He/Him
We all know what we want, but what do we DON`T want? Please state exactly why, rather than just insert a character that`s either around tier 10 or in tier 1 and above, or just hardly known worldwide (aka, obscure characters).

Bonus points if it includes your reaction if it actually happened.

Super Smash Bros (verse, so you know the basics if you didn`t)

For example:

Freddy Fazbear-0
My cousins love him

Shrek (a green ogre from a swamp... doesn`t even has hax, even Mii Brawler is better).
Freddy Fazbear (a possesed animatronic.... what moveset can it have that doesn`t involve jumpscares?)

Shrek
What are you doing in my swamp?!

Any character from an M rated game. Smash Bros games are almost primarily made for fans of Nintendo so putting in a character from an M rated game just doesn't make much since to me. Especially since Nintendo is basically the Disney of the video game market. That's why I wasn't all that enthusiastic when Snake showed up for Brawl.

The real cal howard said:
Majora and pretty much any Kirby villain are disturbing than a large portion of M rated things ovo
So King Dedede is more disturbing than Alex 'I wasn't paid to feel' Mercer? ovo

Isaac Clarke

Because his entire gimmick revolves around shooting the limbs off his enemies, then curbstomping them to paste once they are on the ground.

Not exactly Smash Bros friendly

Tired of people asking for a non-video game character over and over because he's their childhood hero.
That`s racist.

What`s the worst thing that can happen if they actually did? I`ve never understood that.

Bobsican said:
Tired of people asking for a non-video game character over and over because he's their childhood hero.
That`s racist.
What`s the worst thing that can happen if they actually did? I`ve never understood that.
Smash Bros is suposed to be a crossover between video game characters and video game characters only. That's kind of the point.

^this

Even moreso, it's supposed to be Nintendo's characters. The ones that weren't have a reason. Sonic was Mario's biggest rival for the longest. Mega Man, Metal Gear, and Final Fantasy were on Nintendo consoles for quite a while (though, if you ask me, it should've been Terra, not Cloud). Pac-Man was made by the people who were helping make the game, and is also one of the first video game characters.

The Wright Way said:
Smash Bros is suposed to be a crossover between video game characters and video game characters only. That's kind of the point.
Well, they at least should consider an spin-off that simply takes popular multimedia characters.

The Wright Way said:
Any character from an M rated game. Smash Bros games are almost primarily made for fans of Nintendo so putting in a character from an M rated game just doesn't make much since to me. Especially since Nintendo is basically the Disney of the video game market. That's why I wasn't all that enthusiastic when Snake showed up for Brawl.
Tell that to Bayonetta, one of the best characters to come out of SSB4. You saying she shouldn't have shown up?

That's racist.

Then it wouldn't be Smash Bros. Not to mention that getting the rights to all those characters, if even possible, would cost a fortune. Besides, how do you know what characters get added and who gets nixed? What would Zorro, Robocop, Luffy, and Harry Potter be doing in one game? Why would Nintendo be the ones to make it instead of the guys who actually are having a crossover fighter (Arc V)?

Pac-Man was made by the people who were helping make the game, and is also one of the first video game characters.
Pong paddle for Smash when?

Tell that to Bayonetta, one of the best characters to come out of SSB4. You saying she shouldn't have shown up?

That's racist.

YES. I AM DEFINITELY SAYING THAT. WITCH TIME AND COMBO GAME IS BULLSHIT!

Then it wouldn't be Smash Bros. Not to mention that getting the rights to all those characters, if even possible, would cost a fortune. Besides, how do you know what characters get added and who gets nixed? What would Zorro, Robocop, Luffy, and Harry Potter be doing in one game? Why would Nintendo be the ones to make it instead of the guys who actually are having a crossover fighter (Arc V)?
Because Mario, Link, Pikachu and other exclusives.

As for the part asking for who gets accepted and who doesn`t, simply taking the ballot that was done and check the most popular ones that aren`t memes.

For example, I`ve heard that Goku was the true winner of the ballot, but they choose Bayo instead....

in all seriousness, i think a "make your own character" function would be stupid. i mean, think about all the gary stus in ranked matches with their "super overpowered oc"

oh wait. mii fighters.

tbh I would love some MK characters is Smash.

Mostly because it would add an element of brutality that isn't currently present, lol.

Yeeaboo said:
in all seriousness, i think a "make your own character" function would be stupid. i mean, think about all the gary stus in ranked matches with their "super overpowered oc"

oh wait. mii fighters.
Well, they didn`t even featured the composite Mii capabilities.

I see the Miis more as their own character, but everyone else use them as cosplaying dolls.

You can`t even customize the SFX, speed and other stuff without hacks.

Quantu said:
tbh I would love some MK characters is Smash.
Mostly because it would add an element of brutality that isn't currently present, lol.
Which is exactly why I wouldn't want MK characters in Smash Bros. It pretty much flies in the face of Nintendo as a whole.

RRTheEndMan said:
N U K E S
I really wish that Smash was like the DB games... where no one is balanced by nerfs, but by buffs.

I mean, Kirby losing to Olimar? Bayonetta losing to Villager?

You get the idea...

What that has to do with nukes, you may ask?

The fact that Kirby should be able to just suck that to get the Crash ability.

Back