• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Writing Discussion Thread

Schnee One said:
When was this?
Clovis, Orange Boy, the second attempt at his chess game before forming the black bills, his obsession with protecting his sister when it was later discovered that she would've been fine, his big sister, using the Japanese resistant as pawns and they was fortunate of them that he won, he used the guise of self-righteous morality several times in order as an excuse to kill people, the killing of children out of anger in the cult attack, etc.

Schnee One said:
Feeling consequences does kinda go against him being evil then
I mean, Evil Cole did feel the consequences of his actions at times, the death of Trish, having to kill Zeke, etc. You could even argue that his end goal in inFAMOUS 2 is noble. Being an Anti-Villain doesn't make you any less if a villain, it typically just makes you a better written one.

^ Usually does, unless you are a character like the Joker, but the character of the Joker is better as the antagonist than the protagonist.

Most classic comic-villains fit I suppose, anyone who has a confidence about his evilness and has fun doing so is a good antagonist in my book.

Though talking about specifics, Doctor Doom has always been the type of character who you knew morality-wise was wrong, but at the end of the day he himself was so confident and capable that you just bought whatever he said without exactly questioning him, until the hero pointed out his errors. He was basically like MCU Thanos, but unlike the purple grape he was actively tricking everyone for his own benefit, and wasn't doing it as a misguided idealist, but a shrewd trickster, so that mechanic makes him more interesting and controlled.

Also like, he's a villain-Mary Sue, which makes it far more interesting a character to beat

Well, I haven't really had any coherent story ideas of my own in a very long time, possibly due to being far too busy nowadays to develop them.

Hoho..share writing ideas eh?

I've had so many different writing ideas in the past 2 1/2 years that I at least have 7 story boards written. All for different stories.

Riona, Ashton, Dungeon High School, Reincarnated as Seven Billion in One, Naneha, The Leveling Killer, Archeron, Shooter, Renna Of Another World, Blue Prodigy, Journey to Find A Deadbeat Hero, Evo Apocolypse 21,God's Madness, A World of War and Chaos, and Katekyo Hitman Reborn: Esther Saga

Actually, make that 15. The last three being fanfics..

Reincarnated with A Nation Building Cheat

Reincarnated as A Corprate Slave

Reincarnated as The God Of Procrastination

In Another World With My OP Co-Worker Haruka-san

Reincarnated as The Goddess Of Another World

As a person who hates SFVs story I'd love to see this

Basically, Charlie Nash was a character who Bison killed before being brought back to defeat Bison

Only to sacrifice himself to destroy him and not even kill him......

There is a character in Street Fighter named Charlie Nash, who had several problematic traits, storytelling-wise, when he was introduced.

1. He was a benevolent figure who sided with the protagonists

2. He was incredibly powerful, able to do everything the protagonists could do but better and more effortlessly, and surpassed the vast majority of the cast in this regard

Thus they had to write him out of the story, for a very long period of time I might add, because everyone started pointing out "If Charlie Nash is just walking around, how are there still antagonists? Why do the protagonists need to do anything when Nash can just waltz in and kick everyone's asses whenever he wants?", so he was written out until the cast had grown to be as strong as he was before he was brought back.

I've been trying to write a book and I have around 8 different villains some allied with each other and some not. I feel like all of them are important to the main story.

If they're allied I don't think that's a problem as long as they have a dynamic on how they work with one another

Anyone know ORCA from Armored Core for Answer? Great example of an organizational antagonist

@Wright, so my issue is I have several characters who are invincible in-universe because they exist to be a demonstration of what the heroes will eventually become, but I don't know how to balance their presence in the story.

Like, I want them to be involved enough to demonstrate their abilities and get their cool moments and establish themselves as the peak of the powerscaling, but I don't want them to obliterate every arc villain before the heroes can do anything.

Back