• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yoshikage Kira vs. Frisk (Of Pacifism And Endless Murder) (Voting Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kira not remembering the loops does hurt his chances a bit.

In any case, while I think it's possible he could assume that, I don't think the assumption that he gave Bites the Dust to someone else is... stable. And not just because Kira himself still has BtD.

For one, it's in the Ruins, a fairly desolate place, unfamiliar to Kira, & SBA says no one but the combatants are present. Meaning he wouldn't find anyone TO give it to, let alone that he might've trusted with it, right? Unless the scenario dictates that he gave it to someone else in preptime before the match begins, I'm not sure he could end up thinking someone else has it.

I doubt he'd think he gave it to Frisk either; Both are hostile towards one another. In fact, Frisk being hostile from the start of a loop might cue him in that this is a loop; Why would a kid he's never seen before be trying to kill him, Kira, who's lived quietly & hid so well? Maybe with his experience with Hayato in mind, he MIGHT think a kid could work out that he killed the kid's mom or something.

It'd be incorrect for Kira to assume Frisk thinks Kira killed Frisk's mom, but it seems like a small possibility. Not THAT much more unlikely than Kira cueing than that this unfamiliar kid trying to kill him is because of a kind of time looping & that there's no way another BtD is involved.

Not to mention, as a Stand user, couldn't he see the bomb trigger going off?

With this in mind, he might be able to realize that it's not another Bites the Dust....

Unfortunately, he'd still have to conclude that this kid revives from death every loop & he needs to knock him out to escape this loop. It's possible the ruins being desolate & underground might convince Kira nobody would find a knocked out kid (Assuming Frisk being familiar with the area doesn't cue him in.) but....

Kira just wants to live a quiet life, & doesn't like evidence of his killings, With that in mind, it could be consistent for him to try to blow up Frisk on a majority of cycles.

Without prior knowledge of the loops, or tells from Frisk's behaviour, Kira would probably take more loops to realize the need for a knockout.

If Frisk, however, remembers past loops (including BtD), then they might be able to exploit that to KO Kira after only a few loops.

Besides the singing, if Frisk has all their equipment, they might have better range with Empty Gun, or their healing items and just go for a battle of attrition; Staying out of Kira's BtD range (Which they could know to do with knowledge of past loops.), healing if necessary, & waiting for him to collapse.

He wouldn't be able to just go and look around. The ruin stil has the puzzles, ang Frisk is trying to kill him.

Incap is not allowed to win, either.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Incap is not allowed to win, either.
-This is a fight to the death or incapacitatio. No holds barred.

???

Pardon? Opening post SAYS:

-This is a fight to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.

Also, aren't both these two able to just come back from any death the other could inflict on them?

As for looking around, yeah, he wouldn't have much time to explore, but the point is, he wouldn't recognize the area, & would almost certainly find no one, especially not anyone he'd trust giving BtD to. The only other life non-plant life being a small, angry child wouldn't help Kira think he gave BtD to someone here, either.

(Also, they didn't specify where in the ruins. Not all of it is full of puzzles.)

has this match literally lasted like, over half a year?

I won't stop until someone figures out if Frisk or Kira can kill each other without time looping.

If I'm not mistaken, the battle could go like this:

> Frisk explodes a first time for Bite The Dust, time moves an hour before

> After an hour, Frisk explodes again, this time without time going back an hour. However, in this case SAVE and CHARGE kicks in, returning Frisk to his last save point. Technically Frisk has acausality type 1, so shouldn't you keep your memories even when BtD is activated? If so, Frisk could act more cautiously. I'll assume frisk's save point will be the one before BtD kicks in, otherwise Frisk would have an hour to kill Kira, or else start again, but as far as I know Kira has no recollection of what occurred before the time rollback or the Frisk SAVE and CHARGE.

If by some Frisk he manages to keep his memories and he is going to kill Kira, the latter could not defend himself unless he withdraws his BtD

Lastly, aren't Kira Sheer Heart Attack's in-character moves, blowing up the enemy, or BtD? That combined so (if I'm not mistaken) it won't remember anything after time goes back, it will make it unable to incapacitate Frisk.

I'm afraid to awaken this monster, but...

Bump on the new forum.

So, uh, since this is essentially ‘Time Loop GG’, could Frisk potentially knock out Kira via Cool Down/Heat Up? Heat Up makes things hot in the context of Hotlands, which iirc is filled with Lava, so it sounds solid enough to give a Heat Stroke or something, and Cool Down would be cold enough to get rid of Heat Up no matter how much it stacks.

Debate it then. Frisk's save point is set to before the fight begins so if BTD is set to a point after that, then Frisk can just reset to undo everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back