• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would have to determine what fits where based on pretty vague and small amounts of evidence, but again, for another time.

Was there not an argument that the Yu-Gi-Oh cosmology contains higher dimensions, or am I misremembering?

If you're talking about the Zexal thing, there was, but it was debunked.

SomebodyData said:
Uh... I'm guessing there is more to that? Because making a new summoning method and the game being forced to implement it is not evidence that the effects become real.
It actually came from the fact that action fuels explicitly have monsters with real mass and form due to action vision. Its entire schtick was devonstrycting the effects card games having effects would have. Its not like this is just word of mouth either. In the synchro dimension, cannon falcon actually destroys a battlefield, Odd Eyes Rebellion knocks out a cities power. Heck, the whole XYZ backstory is their dimension was destroyed by duel monsters, and we frequently see Selena use Violet Flash on Yuri to escape. The whole Zarc thing is just to show that the game itself has very little bearing on the monsters in the first place, which makes sense since the professor also points out the cards have become real beings with real souls. Which is supported by alot of other things in the anime in general outside of spirits.

@Yobo you're thinking about the galaxy thing I believe.

As for the Arc-V part, I see

This isn't actually a general discussion... its just getting derailed while we wait.

Hey everyone. I Wanted to give an update on my IRL status since it concerns this topic and debate ofc.

But first, I wanted to apologize greatly to everyone, staff and non-staff, if my absence has possibly derailed, interrupted, interfered, or hindered this discussion in any way possible. Believe me when I say I have every intention of getting back to this to voice my side out. Unexpectedly, a IRL family situation came up (having to move out from where we lived before, stressful but luckily found a place now) that severely cut down my use of the internet. Of course, like now, I am still able to come on to the site, read, and at times reply to threads but not fully cooperate or participate in large scale ones like Yu-Gi-Oh. That being said, im at the point where I should be able to get back to this discussion if all goes well (have my mobile at least so leaving the site is definitely a no). Once again, I am very sorry if my absence has made an issue with this topic.

"Oh boy, here we go."

Calm with the attitude please, you've been warned about this @Rapid.

Well, after this, i know im gonna work on the Dark Magician and Dark Magician girl profiles.

Dark Magician has been considered to be somewhat comparable to the blue eyes white dragon .

So, question. There's duel monster world-- where the monsters are real in their own dimension. Wouldn't it be fair to use, I suppose, card art to scale them and information from their feats in duel monster world as a basis as well for the monsters? Card lore and all?

There's also the idea that the game in the anime is based off of some real Egyptian magic battle rituals, implying the monsters are real? I get we can't use stats as hard things, but what about case by case and/or in reference to their own archetypes and actual conflicts with other Monsters.

Like, the D.D. cards might all have BFR abilities or something because of lore...?

Thing is, most of the incarnations in DM are pegasus´s interpretation. They still posses their original soul and powers, but their stories and that of the sort, are possibly just fiction in the ygo verse.

Its like you died, but you reincarnated into the manga character based on your life.

Anyways, we are considering BFR and other abilities because of the effect of the card itself on the Card Effect thread, where by stat amplification and dark game rules, Infinite Obelisk would be HIgh 3-A , the god cards are High 3-A because of power of friendship and Knight of Destiny is the absolute multiplication of finite values on an endless loop, causing his AP and Durability the absolute finite number they would possibly need, but below true infinity.

To avoid annoying debate for a moment, could we make a brief detour to discuss the tiering for

Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl.

Should DM be 5-A because of him being constantly shown as equal to Blue Eyes?

Your toughts?

Dark magician
Dmg
waifu

DMG is somewhat comparable to DM, tho, right?

Manga DM would most likely be High 7-C, yes. (Unless we consider mahad DM and scale him to Corrupted Diva, which is 100% 3-A, but that is another topic.)

The Dark Magician line is one of the larger sets in Yugioh, lemme do some digging and i'll get back to you

Well, i can say that Dark Magician in Capsule Monsters would likely reach tier 4 by scaling to Yugi´s other armors and tanking attacks from Alexander the great.

Zorc in the anime is 5-A.

DMG was a novice, not as strong as DM. Mana's spirit was projected anyhow when they were fighting Bakura and Zorc

@Ari A Nocive in skill, not in power. Dark Magician's spells are interchangable between DM and DMG and DMG is often shown as being comparable to DM and Magician of Chaos

She's also powerfull enough to qualify for a Magician Dragon Knight

Yeah, but still somewhat comparable imo.

This is just about the tier tho, if we added the effects of the cards they assosiated with (DMG the Dragon knight, Magical Pidgeons, Magical Knives, Dark Burning Attack, Dark Magic Attack, Dark Burning Magic, etc, etc, etc.

DMG would get one hit kill (Dark Burning Attack), Power Null if paired with DM (Dark Burning Magic.) transmutation (Magical pidgeon), weapon mastery (she was a sword as a dragon knight) , flight (with the dragon), Divide all damage by half (Magician´s defense), Attack Reflection with Magic Cylinders, Statistic Amplification with the books, and possibly frezzing by scaling to Mana frezzing some guards in place, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back