• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You clearly don't like the games otherwise you'd be fine with everyone stronger than a Goron being Low 1-C and Immeasurable, you can't hide your bias

So wanna circle back to Hylia real quick, does anyone have a suggestion for what the best thickness to use for her cloud barrier would be? I don't think there's a reliable way to actually measure it in game.

What about the entrances for each area in the game? Aren't there visual showings of how thick the clouds are from those areas or no?

You could get something from the shot right after, comparing the few pixels link is wide to the height of the clouds seen in the hole

Complete Triforce if all else fails is still well above Majora. But anyway, the timeline thing from Age of Calamity also seems like it's rather iffy yeah. But honestly, based on some information above. Also, the 8-A feat wasn't a recalculation, it came from a different feat entirely from the one with a High 7-A calculation.

Yeah, but it has a bit of the same issue when it comes to size and scale

I asked long time ago a translotor to translate Maladdus's statement and here you go:

"So without context it is difficult to make an accurate translation, but it sounds more or less like "The time left [is up]. I will wipe out this world [and everything in it]."

So basically he’d still hit the tier 6 range even in the original Japanese.

"So without context it is difficult to make an accurate translation, but it sounds more or less like "The time left [is up]. I will wipe out this world [and everything in it]."
If accurate that sounds like it could get us something good, but there's still the issue about whether or not he means that he'll wipe out the world with a single attack or very quickly just release multiple attacks that blast everything apart.

Eh, I think possibly/likely High 6-A is perfectly fine if that's the statement

what about the Gyorg calc? Is that still acceptable or does that need a recalc?

I've posted Malladus' speech on the translation request thread so we'll see if that above statement is accurate.

what about the Gyorg calc? Is that still acceptable or does that need a recalc?
Maybe? It's possible Termina might also have an inflated map size since the calc for Gyorgs feat relies on Clock Town being calculated at 20 km in diameter or something. Clock Town being that big seems a little off, but it does canonically take people several hours to walk from one part of the town to another so maybe it's fine.

Also just popped into my head but we currently scale the lifting strength of characters like Demise and Ganon to the Four Giants due to being superior to them. Given that we don't have any actual justification for why they scale to the giants we should also probably downgrade their lifting strength.

Also just popped into my head but we currently scale the lifting strength of characters like Demise and Ganon to the Four Giants due to being superior to them. Given that we don't have any actual justification for why they scale to the giants we should also probably downgrade their lifting strength.
Would the highest tier characters upscale from Majora pushing the moon, possibly?

Wasn't the scaling for the four giants based on some weird Triforce of Power scaling, like, Ganon has the Triforce of Power, which grants him unmatched strength of both the physical and magical variety, thus he should, in theory be > a single Giant? I thought that was the reason, I could see why some people would think that is a tad faulty, though I can see why some people think it's aight, wonder if there's a compromise or middle ground there 🤔

Would the highest tier characters upscale from Majora pushing the moon, possibly?
Only highest tier characters that could reliably upscale from Majora pushing the moon would be those who use the full Triforce (If we treat using it as a complete amp), anyone else doesn't have anything that could make them scale to Majora.

Wasn't the scaling for the four giants based on some weird Triforce of Power scaling, like, Ganon has the Triforce of Power, which grants him unmatched strength of both the physical and magical variety, thus he should, in theory be > a single Giant? I thought that was the reason, I could see why some people would think that is a tad faulty, though I can see why some people think it's aight, wonder if there's a compromise or middle ground there
Yeah that was the original idea, but we didn't really find or use any real evidence for the Triforce of Power scaling above a single giant, we just sorta decided him having the TOP was good enough to scale him. The Zelda wiki says that it grants "true power", but their reference for it doesn't mention such a thing. In terms of a compromise/middle ground, maybe giving him a possibly rating could work?

Yeah that was the original idea, but we didn't really find or use any real evidence for the Triforce of Power scaling above a single giant, we just sorta decided him having the TOP was good enough to scale him. The Zelda wiki says that it grants "true power", but their reference for it doesn't mention such a thing. In terms of a compromise/middle ground, maybe giving him a possibly rating could work?
Possibly works imo, though, we probably don't need to check the wiki, don't they have the full transcripts of the games? Ctrl+F a few key words like triforce or power could probably help find statements if any exist.

Does anyone wanna do a quick check of the game's original transcripts just to double check?

I don't think the wiki has full transcripts of the games, they have references which I used to look at the ALTTP manual only to find nothing about true power or whatever they said it was.

I think there's a site that has full transcripts of the games, and another that has translations of the original japanese texts so I'll try posting links to those in a minute so we can try and find anything for the Triforce of Power.

You're right, it was Zelda Dungeon, not the wiki that had the transcripts.
And yeah, both eng and jpn, I recall using them months back in that other thread.

I don't personally get why a single piece of the triforce would upscale from anything it's never faced, full triforce I can get, but not the single pieces.
Because if it's supposed to grant the wielder the highest magical and physical prowess in the verse bar the gods and the thing that it itself is apart of...
It's no different then just a statement going "woah this thing is stronger than this other thing", basic scaling, of course that depends on if there's statements like that in the first place, but if there is, well it is like it is.

Malladus' world ending feat would be legit, though what end he's gonna get is up for debate. We still need calcs on Hylia and Demise's storm feats. And your recalcs have yet to gain any approval, just someone questioning the measurements.

anyone have a clip of hylia's feat
There's not anything that shows her doing the feat, just that she at some point in the past created a cloud barrier across the world. Pretty sure a calc involving condensation can be done once the thickness of the barrier is figured out.

Also a question for everyone but if we give Malladus a likely/possibly High 6-A rating based on his statement who could we reliably scale to him? Given that he was subdued by the spirits of good and it can be argued that Hylia should be superior to those spirits than we could scale a decent number of characters to him but I'm not sure how you'll feel about scaling Hylia to beings she's never compared to.

Maybe? I’m not 100% sure since Hylia isn’t connected to the Golden Goddesses or the triforce so her scaling is a bit weird.

Actually isn't most of the world flooded by ST? That'd make it much easier for Malladus to wipe out what's left

Actually isn't most of the world flooded by ST? That'd make it much easier for Malladus to wipe out what's left
Oh, I completely forgot about that. Yeah most of the land is at the bottom of the ocean so I guess there's not much of the world for him to destroy.

Sooooooo are we just going to use the continent ST takes place in instead of the entire planet?

The feat isn’t viable when Lorule’s not even an alternate world and the destruction was over an unquantifiable period of time, so I doubt that feats gonna lead anywhere.

The feat isn’t viable when Lorule’s not even an alternate world and the destruction was over an unquantifiable period of time, so I doubt that feats gonna lead anywhere.
Lorule is though, it's called one multiple times in game is it not?
Also not quite, we can get an approximate timeframe based on Hilda's lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back