• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zoro, Kin'emon, Kanjuro, and Fujitora vs Doffy's Birdcage

I wanted to ask, shouldn't Zoro, Kin'emon, Kanjuro, and Fujitora have "possibly/at least island-level/large island level" for the fact that their haki swords did not break from doffy's bird cage for a full ten minutes? (In the case of fujitora it could just be added on top of what's already there)

I don't know whether it'd count as durability or offensive potency but the fact that bird cage continued and nothing happened to any of their weapons or haki should be considered for something imo.

And it would not mean that they could 100% fight doffy either considering that doffy had a lot more powerful tricks up his sleeve if a "what if" situation of any of them vs doffy were to happen. On top of even if either of them could actually take down doffy the entire situation was appointed onto luffy's shoulders due to various reasons. Zoro does not usually interfere with his captain's fight, Fujitora was questioning the morals of the navy(to my understanding meaning he could not act due to corruption), and the kinemon did get wrecked 1v1 vs law already so I doubt he would take doffy fully on.

So I feel them being able to withstand birdcage needs to be taken into consideration and it wouldn't conflict with any of them not just taking on doffy for themselves.

(Chapter 787 if someone wants to directly see zoro and them withstanding birdcage)

On a side note, sea stone seems at least large island in durability from that chapter too. And I would also not include bird cage being slowed because that was a combined effort from everyone from the swordsmen, little people pushing the sea stone building, and the gladiators pushing bartholomew's barrier.

? Zoro, Kinemon, and Kanjuro were being shoved back after being unable to slow down the cage one bit despite putting everything into it. This is when including everyone else who attempted to stop the cage. Nothing worked. They were using haki, too--but didn't result in anything. The cage was moving at a set speed, and they couldn't do anything about it. Only when Fujitora arrived is when the cage was stopped.

Seastone nullifies the effects of devil fruits. The threads can not cut through it.

I meant the fact that the cage didn't straight up break their weapons. The same birdcage tearing up the island easily didn't immediately break through their haki or weapons. Is that not considerable for something?

Haki mitigates the effects of devil fruits, and the cage was still pushing them back despite not going anywhere near full power. It's like if you were pushing against a brick wall that was pushing you back inch by inch. That does not mean you are 9-B for withstanding a wall pushing you.

Nah plus this would mess with the scaling. Just wait till Wano, Zoro will probably do something to get a high 6-C key.

Although I still have a lot of doubts that a wall pushing you is comparable to the large island slicing nature of the cage, I will just wait to see what happens in wano.

@EcchiOtakuTM - The Bird-Cage wasn't just pushing against Zoro and co., it was also pushing against the country. If Zoro's efforts couldn't even phase the Bird-cage despite the thing burrowing through the ground, he certainly can not scale.

Back