• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ability Additions for Mother (Edens Zero)

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and consider whether or not certain abilities can be added on the profile of Mother (Edens Zero)

• Possible Cosmic Awareness: She is shown to be well aware when Shiki finally leaves planet Granbell, impressive when you consider she's supposed to be in a seemingly remote area of the universe
  • Resistance to Precognition and Clairvoyance: The aforementioned Xiaomei is nigh omniscient, she has been shown to be able to witness events that are occurring all over the universe concurrently and has shown the ability to look at events taking place thousands of years into the future. But irrespective of all this, she is incapable of tracking her in any capacity
  • Possible Nigh-Omniscience: This is one that I'm somewhat unsure about (and is likely to be the major talking point), does she qualify to have this based on her relationship with Xiaomei? I looked through the site to see if there was some standard we could use to judge this matter and I came across 2 schools of thought; the first being we take the Yhwach route and grant her the ability since the story tends to frame her as some sort of godlike entity capable of just about anything, the logic here being that she would not be capable of granting Nigh-Omniscience if it is well beyond her power. The second school of thought is Shenron (Dragon Ball) where we do not grant him any abilities due to the nature of his powers as being a wish granter and nothing else. It doesn't exactly help that Mother so far hasn't shown up personally so the full scope of her abilities isn't confirmed
  • The ability to survive in Space: Pretty straightforward, shes a giant woman (larger than planets) and she's been shown to just float around in space. In consequence she'd get all the relevant abilities that a character would need to survive in the harsh environment of outer space; Self-Sustenance (at least Type 1), Resistance to Cosmic Radiation and any other relevant ability that falls under this

I'm against her having possible Nigh-Omniscience. Other than that, everything else looks good.

Doesn't she herself get pre cognition and clairvoyance? She is the one who bestowed Xiao Mei her powers after all...

Characters don't necessarily possess the powers they bestow upon others.

If everyone is rejecting nigh omniscience for now, i'm ok with it, considering mother appears in less than 10pages in manga

This is going far smoother than I could have honestly hoped for. So do you all think we have sufficient agreement or should we wait for a bit longer?

Davidsteel1 said:
This is going far smoother than I could have honestly hoped for. So do you all think we have sufficient agreement or should we wait for a bit longer?
Just wait for like 6 hour then made changes

Tbh Xiaomei not being able to locate Mother seems more like a limitation on her part rather than a resistance on Mother and Nigh Omnscience is iffy tho that might change later on in the series but eh.

Considering Mother is the one specific thing she can't locate no matter what, I am tempted to say that nah, its most likely a real resistance.

Unless something happens later like making it seem that she left that limitation in her power, is easier to assume resistance.

I guess we should add ability which are clear, if we have any doubt regarding any of her abilities, just leave it for now

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Considering Mother is the one specific thing she can't locate no matter what, I am tempted to say that nah, its most likely a real resistance.

Unless something happens later like making it seem that she left that limitation in her power, is easier to assume resistance.

I'm pretty sure Xiaomei specifically stated that in exchange for her power she does not have any recollection about aside from what we already know.

Xiaomei states that she's lost her memory from when she met Mother, she then says she doesn't know where Mother is, her specific words are "I've lost my right to that information" (which isn't a specific answer to our question) suggesting that Mother is intentionally preventing Xiaomei from seeing her, relevant when you consider that Xiaomei makes it clear that she sees everything happening in the universe at all times.

Btw I've made all the more minor edits

Back