• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About moves like Skill Swap, Power Swap, Guard Swap, Me First, etc.

Im confused on something. Are moves such as Skill Swap, Power Swap, Guard Swap and Me First actual abilties or game mechanics? If no, what exactly would they be and what limit do each of them have?

After some thought I've decided it's probably best to remove the abilities power swap and guard swap as they are based and reliant on game mechanics (it's been proven many times stats are not indicative of a Pokemon's inherent ability in any manner).

However, Me First seems to be a legitimate precognitive copy ability and like all precognitive abilities, the ability is pointless if they're facing a faster opponent. Considering that the ability is more stealing than actually copying, I would assume it's limited to AP as well hence it probably doesn't work against opponents with a higher AP.

I agree and disagree about the Power and Guard Swap. When I first brought it up I was very skeptical about it. However thinking about it I have come up with a limit. It swap Attack Potency and Durability however he shouldn't be able to swap the atack potencies of tier 2 characters or even Tier 3 characters to a certain extent. I believe it can be given a similar treatment as Bypassing Durability as it effect attack Potency Directly. But like I said I am still kind of skeptical. I believe it can work, but it has a limit. Characters like Low 2-C and above shouldn't be effected since well, they should be infinitely stronger than him and I doubt you can swap Dwarf Star Level power and Multi-Universe Level Power as casually.

Except the logia is based on attack and special attack stats, which we've agreed have no correlation to the actual abilities of pokemon, or else characters like Hoopa would have Multi Universe level AP.

The logic is based on the stats, but that doesn't change much. For example, a FF or even Pkmn move lowering defence stat would be treated as a durabiilty lowering attack. This isn't much different. It's a durability ignoring move (to an extent. i doubt Mewtwo could handle tier 3 energy being put into his body, or even 4-B and 4-A) that has game mechanics in it's logic, but vsbattles logic would put it what we just had it. It's nothing more than a really good buffing and reducing attack.

^this could work. But it should only work on a character up to low 4-C. Anything higher would be too high.

I also figured out how Skill Swap would work. It would switch passive abilities with the opponent. For example, let's say Mewtwo was fighting Buu, and they were the same tier. While he couldn't take the absorption or the Human Extinction attack, it could take his Regenerationn.

^Skill Swap is kind of stretching it imo. There would be so much to cover and stuff. But who knows?

Back