• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About some KoF 97 feats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmVz5mhcv6M

Around the 20:40 mark, the final match against the orochi kings starts, as the fight progresses we can see the enviroment being radically altered just by the mere presence of them.

Each enviromental change matches with the element they control Chris is fire, Shermie is thunder and Yashiro is earth.

Basically the feats would be

-Shermie can cause powerful thunderstorms and uses real lightning in her attacks

-Yashiro can cause volcanic activity as far as the eye can see, most likely for several kilometers.

Is there a way to measure any of this?

hmmm Could be legit. Probably should ask Dark649 and Mandrakk for their input along with some calc members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJgmY_JURso

adding to my OP

Right at the start we can see ROTB Leona fighting the main team, giving them considerable trouble. nothing really changes since her profile already has her at this level.

-3:20 Orochi's awakening is caused by the gathering of energy from the KOF tournaments

-4:00 Orochi can wipe out humanity if the 8 maidens from legend are sacrificed to him.

-5:58 Shermie's presence is enough to trigger powerful thunderstorms and her attacks are charged with true lightning

-6:39 Yashiro's presence causes volcanic activity and the red-tarnished clouds in the background suggests he can do it for several kilometers around.

edit messed up the link should be fixed now.

Well since Dark is more well versed in KoF feats and outliers I trust his judgment. So I agree to this as well.

AguilaR101 said:
adding to my OP

Right at the start we can see ROTB Leona fighting the main team, giving them considerable trouble. nothing really changes since her profile already has her at this level.

-3:20 Orochi's awakening is caused by the gathering of energy from the KOF tournaments

-4:00 Orochi can wipe out humanity if the 8 maidens from legend are sacrificed to him.

-5:58 Shermie's presence is enough to trigger powerful thunderstorms and her attacks are charged with true lightning

-6:39 Yashiro's presence causes volcanic activity and the red-tarnished clouds in the background suggests he can do it for several kilometers around.
You gave the wrong link it seems as the time stamps you made do not go with your descriptions. I got this link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmVz5mhcv6M) Anyways...

4:00, possibly but as of now that's speculation as the wikia stated that the 8th maiden was just needed to give Orochi form so they had to resort to Chris.

5:58 and 6:39, those are in-game changes to the course that doesn't mean they happened. It's just a part of fitting each character to their scenery. The sacred treasure still defeated them with ease and still managed to defeat Orochi the first time standing just fine until Orochi tried possessing Iori in which where things got serious.

7:56 he's still awakened completely so I haven't the slightest idea where Orochi fanboys (usually Latino ones) get that he wasn't awakened or at full power. The only thing this shows is how strong and relevant the Sacred Treasures are to KOF and won't upgrade the Heavenly Kings higher than they should be. They are at least 7-B, at most they would 7-A. Close this thread now.

So pretty much they would be where they are....But this does give evidence of the current scaling for KoF. Also do we have evidence for their speed?

Mandrakk The Dark Monitor said:
5:58 and 6:39, those are in-game changes to the course that doesn't mean they happened. It's just a part of fitting each character to their scenery.
Well in King of Fighters Kyo at 15:24, the Orochi trio is not fought in the stages of the game.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
So pretty much they would be where they are....But this does give evidence of the current scaling for KoF. Also do we have evidence for their speed?
The King of Fighters are scaled from this analysis that was calculated here and this thread.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I'd say it does. I would not put everyone at Massively Hypersonic aside from the major characters. Everyone else would be mostly around the Hypersonic levels, some being High Hypersonic/+.

@ mandrakk, I messed up the link fixed it now.

This is the video I wanted to show

In regards to your arguments

"those are in-game changes to the course that doesn't mean they happened"

Considering the fact that they are very much like Goenitz it's not like causing changes to the enviroment would be inconsistent for them, and I see no reason to disregard the scenery just because it was only shown during gameplay.

plus the fight is confirmed to take place in the stage we're seeing by every other ending, and while the endings themselves not canon, they do confirm the final fights do indeed take place there

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/neogeo/b/kof97hero.htm

"The sacred treasure still defeated them with ease and still managed to defeat Orochi the first time standing just fine until Orochi tried possessing Iori in which where things got serious. "

That's more of a powescaling argument more than anything, all it proves is that the TST are > Heavenly kings and Orochi

As for the orochi part I believe the video I meant to post will give some clarification on that issue.

I never implied he wasn't at full power, what I wanted to show were the statements that suggest Orochi could have the power to wipe out humanity if the 8 maidens are sacrificed to him, though this is only as a hypothetical what if.

starts around 2:50 in my video.

Well in King of Fighters Kyo at 15:24, the Orochi trio is not fought in the stages of the game.

AFAIK KOF:kyo is a VN /turn based fight game but it's considered secondary canon and as such can not be used to contradict the main canon of the games.

Plus official pachinko game retelling animation of the final fight pretty much confirms the fight takes place in the stage so that also could be used as evidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGBwW0Tp5c

at 13:15

AguilaR101 said:
Plus official pachinko game retelling animation of the final fight pretty much confirms the fight takes place in the stage so that also could be used as evidence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGBwW0Tp5cat 13:15.
I pointed this video long before, if it is accepted we have to calc Yashiro enviromental damage from his stage and Orochi splitting the sky upon defeat.

Assuming it can be used Yashiro's feat could be a potential upgrade for the verse considering he made magma rise out of nowhere, there aren't signs that the arena is close to a volcano.

Alternatively the video does show Orochi instanly shrouding the sky with dark clouds upon appearing so that could also be a potential upgrade.

Orochi cloud splitting feat seems like a nice feat but from what I see it's likely not going to yield higher results than previous ones.

AguilaR101 said:
Assuming it can be used Yashiro's feat could be a potential upgrade for the verse considering he made magma rise out of nowhere, there aren't signs that the arena is close to a volcano.
But the SNK wiki says that Orochi Yashiro is capable of erupting volcanoes by his own power, that should also be considered.

But the SNK wiki says that Orochi Yashiro is capable of erupting volcanoes by his own power, that should also be considered.

That's technically true, since his power is elemental control of earth, but in this case he is causing lava flows and earthquakes even though there are no Volcanoes in the vicinity so it means he had to use even more energy to make it happen.

Back