• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Adventure Time) The Lich additions

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So as I was discussing in the 2-C Battle Royale.

As of the events of Crossover, The Lich now exist in "all dimensions", referring to the infinite multiverse. Well, at least his hands exist, but he has been shown to regenerate from far less. Anyway, with preparation, The Lich can traverse through any and all dimensions through the powers of The Enchiridio. Is it possible to derive a form of Regenerationn from that, if so, what level?

Additionally, each Lich seems to have the same knowledge and experience, or at least fundamental knowledge from the last. Not sure what that would count as.

Furthermore, The Lich seems to have some degree of Time Manipulation and Time Stop. After The Lich gives his infamous "FALL" speech, the camera pans to the Citadel Prisoners who are grayed out and frozen. After The Lich is becoming weakened, the Citadel Prisoners are now colored and and begin to move once again, indicating that The Lich had stopped time, and when he lost control, time began to flow again.

Lastly, The Lich has a missing weakness. He is extremely vulnerable to life-based magic or anything that grants life. As seen in the aforementioned "FALL" space (Link), The Lich was put in immense pain due being splashed with "Citadel Water", which gives life/repairs life (It repaired Martin's Leg and planted a flower on Finn's now-missing arm). Not only did it weaken him, but it turned him into Sweet P, which (as far as we know) is no longer evil and is a good hearted baby...thing.

The Time Stop/Time Manipulation and weakness additions I agree with.

However, as I mentioned with Arceus, I'm very against the idea that this sort of thing counts as Regenerationn. At best, it's Type 6 Immortality.

As for the knowledge thing, care to elaborate on it?

Yeah, I'm okay with it not being a type of Regenerationn, just wanted clarification.

Anyway for the knowledge thing. So far, we've only seen two incarnations of The Lich, "Main Timeline" Lich and "Farmworld Lich". Farmworld Lich, despite being "born" recently, had the fundamental driving motivation. Perhaps it's not enough to derive a power out of, but could be an Intelligence feat.

On a side note, I rewatched Crossover to make sure about the intelligence, and in the episode he demonstrated Body Control, Sleep Manipulation and Size Manipulation as seen here.

Time Manipulation addition works fine with me. Same with life weakness.

Additional powers from Crossover looks straightforward.

Ultima Reality said:
Where The Lich has shown Mid-High regen?

He was melted at one point, but looking back over it, he didn't really "regenerate" as much as it as it was his Type 6 Immortality kicking in.

Any idea what his regen should be changed too?

Also, didn't Bubblegum said that The Lich could absorb the planet's life force and convert it into power or something?

@Ultima

How on Earth did I miss a quote like that?

Beyond Iceberg Lake lies the ruins of the Lich's tower, where he was converting the planet's life force into unholy power to destroy all of Ooo... but before he could, the Legendary Billy attacked him and pummeled him into the resin of this tree. I—WHAT THE NUTS?!
~ Bub-Gum​
Doesn't add much, but it makes his Death Manipulation stronger and adds more evidence to 5-B Primordial Monsters. You think it could also count as Life Manipulation or just Death Manipulation?

Aight. Fair enough.

Would be ironic if he had Life Manipulation anyway.

Probably go with what Ultima said. Given that Life does to Lich, it wouldn't really fit and make sense for him.

Shouldn't he also have Shapeshifting and Intangibility/Non-Corporeality? The first thing he does after being freed by The Snail is turning into some kind of... Black Goo, and his true form is a spirit

He turned into some sort of spirit/dust thing to escape, so I think Intangibility would be okay.

Wow, seems like The Lich is in his journey to become the strongest Moon level Character on the wiki

I mean...that's not particularly hard considering the lack of Moon level characters, much less haxxed ones. Dracula might beat out The Lich, though.

Well, Dracula and other Castlevania characters are going to get huge upgrades according to Matt

With the new episodes out, i wonder if The Lich should have Time Paradox Immunity, as The Lich from the Farmworld Timeline indeed retains the memories from his alternate timeline counterpart (like Dark said, but this time it has been.... "More confirmed")

Also, Sweet P could interact with The Lich's shadow (I mean, just the shadow, not with The Lich himself), i wonder what power this count is

More stuff:

Sweet P is actually a different entity than The Lich, in fact he's The Lich's "son" so I think they should have separate profiles. Sweet P managed to slay The Lich's hand form, so I think he'd scale to The Lich.

The Lich can talk without a mouth, or...body really. I think that could count as low level Sound Manipulation.

The Lich and Sweet P should both have Shadow Manipulation since The Lich could animate his Shadow and Sweet P "hurt" it.

He created a pile of Radiation waste. Radiation Manipulation I think would be reasonable to add.

He was able to make Sweet P do "bad things" with just his words. Since he didn't seem to posses him, I believe adding Morality Manipulation is appropriate.

Also for Finn and Fern. In "Three Buckets", Finn managed to actually match the Grass Sword with his Rapier. He wasn't as strong as Fern, but he was able to hold his own pretty well. Back in "Whispers", Fern was able to overpower The Lich's arm. Therefore, I think both Finn and Fern should be upgraded to "At least 5-C, likely 5-B" rather than "At least 6-A, possibly 5-C".

Also. If the story in "Ketchup" is to believed, Marceline apparently resisted the Candy-Ice transmutation for a brief period. But it wasn't at it's peak of power. Not sure how to handle that.

Maybe I should make a new thread for the recent updates.

Back