• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alice in Wonderland Revisions

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
Guess that's what I'm doing now.

First of all: calc. The Subsonic rating for the Red Queen and Alice was kind of a placeholder until I could get a proper calc going. This proper calc is here now. And it seems like the Massively Hypersonic end was approved. So this should be the speed for the Red Queen, for Alice, and for the White Queen (who doesn't have a profile yet). This should also apply to the Bandersnatch, also profile-less, as the White King compared the speed of the White Queen to one.

“No use, no use!” said the King. “She runs so fearfully quick. You might as well try to catch a Bandersnatch! But I’ll make a memorandum about her, if you like—She’s a dear good creature,” he repeated softly to himself, as he opened his memorandum-book. “Do you spell ‘creature’ with a double ‘e’?”

-Through the Looking Glass, Chapter VII

Secondly, I think the Queens in their human-sized forms should be At least Street level, with maybe it being noted as "likely". We know from the Knights' interactions that pieces seem to fight when a conflict over who gets to take pieces occur:

“She’s my prisoner, you know!” the Red Knight said at last.

“Yes, but then I came and rescued her!” the White Knight replied.

“Well, we must fight for her, then,” said the Red Knight, as he took up his helmet (which hung from the saddle, and was something the shape of a horse’s head), and put it on.

“You will observe the Rules of Battle, of course?” the White Knight remarked, putting on his helmet too.

“I always do,” said the Red Knight, and they began banging away at each other with such fury that Alice got behind a tree to be out of the way of the blows.

-Through the Looking Glass, Chapter VIII

And the Queens, as the top pieces of the board (and unlike the Kings, are shown to have actual superhuman feats), should be able to engage in similar combat. This not only includes the Knights in full armor riding horses, but also the gigantic crow shown to spook the Tweedles (As this crow is seemingly stated to be one of the chess pieces at the start of the book), as well as the Lion (similarly stated to be a chess piece) and possibly the Walrus (also stated to be a chess piece, though it only appears in a story and not physically). I think it would be fair to say that the Queens should be able to similarly fight and potentially win a fight with all of these, despite lacking obvious armor or weapons.

Now the Crow could be vastly higher than 9-C, as it is confused for a cloud, stated to be so large as to be unable to fit between trees, and capable of creating strong wind by flapping. However, I have found no clear way to scale the bird's size correctly, as its descriptions are so vague. Plus, it's unknown how much of the Crow the Queens would have to fight off (as they would be far larger than them), further complicating scaling. So unless someone can come up with a good calc for it, "likely at least 9-C" will have to do for the Queens. This should also likely apply to Queen Alice, as the new Queen in Looking-Glass Land.

Thirdly, the Cheshire Cat also oughta be revised a little more too. The current profile assumes that the Cheshire Cat simply teleports parts of itself in and out at will. And I'm not quite a fan of this interpretation? It's not entirely invalid but I'd disagree with it for the following reasons:

-The vast majority of adaptations (such as both the animated and live-action Disney versions) show it modifying its body directly rather than just teleporting quite a bit. This show to me that simple teleportation isn't the most common of interpretations.

-The original illustration by John Tanniel shows the cat in a semi-transparent state. This wouldn't really make sense if it was merely teleporting, since this is clearly affecting its very body and not just displacing it.

-The very mechanics of this ability don't seem congruent with it. The Cat's iconic grin, for example, would be hard to achieve with teleportation. Teeth wouldn't really be able to be bent in a smile if only the teeth were existing in this location anymore, indicating that either the cat is portalling only specific parts of its body in (impossible with the above point), or that it's simply able to move its body parts even when the rest of its body is entirely gone.

To me, it makes more sense to assume that the Cat has Incorporeality and can appear and disappear at will. We know that by Alice's interaction with it, its missing body parts aren't simply invisible, they're straight up gone, as it cannot hear or see until its eyes and ears have manifested. So I just think that the idea of the Cat existing in a non-corporeal state with the ability to manifest its body at will makes more sense than just teleportation.

It should thus get Incorporeality for being able to exist in a non-physical state, Low-Godly regeneration for being able to manifest and de-manifest its physical body however it wants, and expanded upon Immortality for these. It might keep its Teleportation at a "possibly", since it is shown suddenly appearing on a branch ahead of Alice, but it could just have moved ahead of her. Idk.

There is also a slight problem of size with the Cheshire Cat. Like with some other characters, it is shown existing in different sizes with no real explanation. It's shown to be cat-sized to Alice when she was nine inches tall. But not long after their second encounter, Alice is kinda accidentally shown to be human-sized again (being able to pick up the key to the Queen's garden, noted as being impossible for her when she's small). And in their final encounter, he is still shown to be cat-sized to a now foot-tall Alice. This is an inconsistency shown with many other characters (such as the Duchess or the White Rabbit). And at the very end, the other Wonderland animals are shown the mostly the size they should be to a near-full sized Alice. And this is important to figure out, since this would decide how high into 10-C the cat is (as well for a lot of characters).

I'd say either we give him varying AP and some weird form of size manip for this shenanigan. Or we just shrug and assume the cat to be cat-sized. Either works.

Finally, maaaybe a Jabberwock speed change? Honestly I have no idea why we even have this profile. It's quite literally just an image of a dragon and a few text snippets about it having claws and it being beheaded. But while it's there, might as well try and do something about it. Namely, maybe scaling it to the Bandersnatch? That one is a huge stretch, admittedly, but it's still possible. In the poem, the Bandersnatch and Jubjub bird are described in the same breath as the Jabberwock, but are given less importance (not needing to be defeated by a hero and all). The Hunting of the Snark story, another story that seems to take place in the so-called tugley wood of the poem, also shows the Bandersnatch and Jubjub bird co-existing as fellow monsters with no real issue. So it would be possible to give the Jabberwock "possibly Massively Hypersonic" due to it being portrayed as the greatest threat of the woods, which would make it at least in the ballpark of the Bandersnatch. This one is really a stretch, and I'm unsure about it, but it could be done.

tl;dr Queens to MHS, maybe Queens to 9-C, Cheshire Cat different abilities, and maybe fish dragon to MHS.

So like, no one else is gonna answer this right

Can I just go ahead or do I need staff.

Seems fine.

Well I've applied the revisions.

This can be closed and see you all in the next blood moon or something idk

Back