• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An important update regarding our upcoming forum move

Likewise. Though after what I read up until this post, I could've sworn they said at one point they're not going to be sent to those who previously been Blocked either. I at least am still trying in my efforts to turn myself around; even After a 6 Month Hiatus, & I don't wish to get another after the fact. I read something like that somewhere though; but it never stated what kind of Block Status the Staff meant...

@BMH

Only currently blocked members will be affected by our restrictions.

When Community Hired have finished with all of their preparations.

To quote a post that I wrote in the other ongoing thread about this:

First the forums will be backed up. Hopefully very soon. Then the backup archives will be sent to a programmer that helps us out. Then he will convert the information to a XenForo format. Then that will be sent to Community Hired. Then CH will install all of the discussion threads into the new forum. Then we will check that everything works properly, and set up the remaining appropriate settings. Then invitations will be sent out. And I will also have to check through the username invitation list along the way.

You also need at least 100 VS Battles wiki edits. These can be gained by quickly editing your userpage here several times. You can write "1", "2", "3", or something similar.

BigSmoke4269 said:
So this is gonna get rid of the trolls?

Also, is it possible to send your invite to someone else?
Well, hopefully for a while, and after that I have been told that we will at least have more tools to deal with them.

I suppose that you could technically give your username and password to somebody else, but it would be an extremely bad idea to do so, and likely lead to a ban if it is found out.

Anyway, I have been told that it might take as much as 10 days to properly convert all of the files for the forum discussion threads to the right format, and then there is some other work to do, so this partial lockdown is unfortunately going to take a while.

In terms of edits i should be fine too, i'm pretty sure i have done more than 100 edits by doing the Lupin III verse's page, the characters's profiles and the feats relative to that verse.

Yes. Thank you. It can give higher results than what is shown in the userpage though.

If you mean the new forum, I think that the edits there will only be counted by number of posts, and they will definitely not carry over here. My apologies, but these are two separate websites.

I honestly do not know whether or not lots of our edit counts in this wiki will disappear. It is possible though, and in that case my own edits in particular will probably lose 65% of their current number, but there isn't much that we can do about it.

Yes. That is unfortunately true, but Fandom's new Discussions forum is counted separately in any case.

There's a test UCP wiki for a while already, and it appears that all the message wall and forum «edits», as seen here, will be carried over to the new post counter. Well, from the point of view of common sense, that differentiation is actually more correct. You don't have to be upset due to reduced edit count. After all, we are a wiki, and the informational side comes first.

Feels really weird, and it appears source mode editing doesn't work on the format ATM?

The new message wall feature runs on the same engine as the Discussions feature, thus supports neither source mode editng, nor wikitext. It doesn't seem like they'll add source mode editing for it. In the near future at least.

Here's a list of what has been changed so far.

Yes. I think that our new external forum will likely be better in itself than our current one in terms of functionality, after we get used to it, but is obviously not practical that it won't be immediately accessible from the wiki anymore.

Maybe the Fandom staff removed it?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but apart from the forum being removed, will anything else change in terms of design/interface on the rest of the site?

I remember some discussions about making the site more organized for phone users and a new profile standard with the renders on something that looked like an infobox on the right, but I don't remember where it went, specially the stuff related to the infoboxes

Back