• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An important update regarding our upcoming forum move

Guys read the OP. As long as your settings look like that and you have your email verified in the very bold words under "Email verification:" then you're fine.

You don't need to keep posting your settings here.

Here is how you update your email if needed:

Go to "My Preferences" in the upper right corners of your screens, then click the "Email" tab, and go to "My Email Address", in which you write one that you use, preferably one that does not reveal your real name, and check for the confirmation email, which should arrive quickly.

Under the "Message Wall and Forum" section you can also select to never send you notification e-mails for new responses/edits to the discussion threads and wiki pages that you subscribe follow/subscribe to, as you will easily get swamped otherwise. Just make sure to NOT select the "Disable all emails from FANDOM" option further down the page, as the invitation email will likely not work in that case.

Here is what your email settings should preferably looks like:

Email Settings
It's literally right in the OP.

Like really, at least try and put in the effort of reading it before posting.

@Shadow

No problem. I think that you should be fine, but you preferably need to adjust your settings to the ones shown in the original postto not get drowned in Fandom messages, which will also make it harder for you to find the invitation email later, especially if you have marked them as spam earlier.

Apologies for the silly question, but I am a bit lost: I do have a confirmed Email, in my settings it says "Thanks! Your email was confirmed on October 19, 2019" Is that good to go or I need to reconfirm? I did enable Fandom mails like the first post says, but haven't received anything.

Your current confirmed email address should be fine then as long as you still use it.

We have not sent out an invitation email yet though.

@Schnee One

I asked a Fandom staff member and was told that it should be as easy as simply updating the email address that you use for your Fandom account:

1. Go to Special:preferences#mw-prefsection-emailv2 and enter new email that you currently use, and click Save at the bottom.

2. Find the confirmation email in your inbox and click the link.

So to double check, we are suppose to get an email from Fandom.

I've linked a gmail and have not gotten anything thus far, is that normal?

I don't think the email has been sent yet, and we don't have an specific date on when the staff members will get the email IIRC.

The invitation emails will be sent out after the discussion threads have been backed up, converted, and installed in the new forum again.

No. That is what all the Fandom wikis automatically get. We will have our own forum with an URL that is separate from the Fandom domain.

Antvasima said:
No. That is what all the Fandom wikis automatically get. We will have our own forum with an URL that is separate from the Fandom domain.
okay, thanks

I do not think that I am supposed to reveal the URL yet, and you currently need a password to view the page anyway, but I think that you will like the domain name. We picked a good one.

INB4 the name is just something like "Vs. Battles Forum" or anything similar.

Anyways, judging from the details given, it seems that just as I thought, the forums will share certain features in the same way as other well-known XenForo forum, aka, the Smogon one.

It will look pretty similar, yes, but with our colour theme, and the XenForo setup is customiseable, so we can improve on it later if necessary.

We will use our current colours as the standard setting, but a night mode option should be possible.

I do not know if it is possible to get coloured usernames. I will ask Community Hired about it.

We've already used up almost all the username colors for different staff positions though.

So it says that I already verified my email when I joined, I'm I OK?

Also, what do I need to do about the new login credentials for the future site? Anything or all, I just get an email from the fandom etc with them.

Also, I use dokkan battle wiki alot, sorry is this a separate account just for the vs battle or for the whole fandom wiki site(s)?!

If you have registered and verified an email address for Fandom as a whole, you should be fine.

Back