• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An important update regarding our upcoming forum move

I agree with the Schnee One...I love this community and I don't want to be lost from it and I might've found a email on VS Wiki so am I good? These two emails were the first ones that I have got when getting this account.
Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 03.33.09
(The two emails to join the FANDOM and it was the account I made to join this website along with many other wiki sites as well as Devient Art)

In worst case, the staff can help each other to give out invitation links to our members via the private wiki chat function. Basically, your accounts will be set up in the new forum, then you will be sent email messages with individual login codes, and after you claim the accounts you should switch the passwords to something else that you remember or have written down somewhere.

As for the Fandom email settings, I have repeatedly linked to an image that shows what they look like for me, and I do not have any problems receiving emails from Fandom staff when I talk with them, and am simultaneously not getting an overflowing jnbox from unnecessary notifications of article edits and the like. If you copy them, it should work for you as well.

Anyway, me and Promestein have been testing the new forum, and I am continuously giving Community Hired feedback regarding the problems that we find and they work to solve.

Do you guys know if this same process is going to be happening on Joke Battles Wiki and FC/OC Battles Wiki?

Antvasima said:
In worst case, the staff can help each other to give out invitation links to our members via the private wiki chat function. Basically, your accounts will be set up in the new forum, then you will be sent email messages with individual login codes, and after you claim the accounts you should switch the passwords to something else that you remember or have written down somewhere.

As for the Fandom email settings, I have repeatedly linked to an image that shows what they look like for me, and I do not have any problems receiving emails from Fandom staff when I talk with them, and am simultaneously not getting an overflowing jnbox from unnecessary notifications of article edits and the like. If you copy them, it should work for you as well.
You mean in the Standard Private Chat?

@Julian

Joke Battles and FCOC will get their own sub-forums in the same manner as VS Battles, yes.

@Schnee

Yes, that is correct.

Well, we are not finished yet, and that is only if you do not receive an email message.

I am 99% sure I will not, as my mothers Email is tied to this account and I am having trouble trying to fix that. I'm also busy with life stuff to focus on this.

Your mother could just give you the code though.

Sounds like a worst case scenario solution at least. Definitely worth setting up just in case at any rate.

Well, we could just send you the code via some private chat program instead.

Also, my apologies if something happened to your mother and I brought offense.

Okay. That is good at least.

I know I am being very unreasonable in all of this, it's just my paranoia is absolutely killing me since I feel far too attached to this site

Will the invite work if I have all the things for "email me when this happends" not marked, but I don't mark the "disable all messages from fandom"?

@Schnee

In your case I can likely just send you an invitation via fanfiction.net, but we haven't come that far in the planning yet.

@Zach

As you can see in my image, I don't have that marked either, as it might interfere with more important emails from them.

Yes that should do it. And you should preferably set your "My preferences" settings similar to the ones in Antvasima's picture, so you don't get flooded with emails from FANDOM and only receive the more relevant ones (like the invitation email for example).

I have been allowed to tell you all that our new preliminary deadline is sometime in May, so that is a relief for us at least.

From April to May, wow speaking of delay

At least this is a good thing since it will give us more time for preparing, the downside however is the delay will make my anxiety increased again lmao

Well, that is our current preliminary date. I would personally prefer if we get even more time, but the draft version of the new forum is up and running at least. It needs some improvements before we can use it yet though.

Not that long. Bert Hall thinks that we will finish this project well in time, but I always feel safer with lots of time just in case.

No. I will tell you all when the email is sent out. We have to finish all of the settings for the new forum first.

At least we still have the talk page feature (which is where you supposed to do content revisions), unless they plan on yeeting that too

Back