• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An important update regarding our upcoming forum move

Talk pages are kind of out of date discussion methods, but those will remain I'm pretty sure if all else fails.

We can still communicate updates via a Discussions thread if we somehow go over the time limit, but that would be an emergency measure.

I don't know. I hope that there will be delays for the forum shutdown given the Coronavirus situation, but I do not know yet.

That is not how things work. They have to apply the new system update.

No. It requires lots of work to prepare and implement.

Yes. According to everything I have been told, it takes a lot of development work and error testing to get this done, so they cannot just push a button or the wikis won't work properly afterwards. Stop being provocative and/or fearmongering please.

They can close down individual forums quite quickly. Also, I assumed that at least most of the work would would have been done already.

I was not attempting to fearmonger, I was just asking a question.

How can you possibly assume an entire forum can be carried over within the span of a few months?

Will you be patient please?

2 members of the Fandom staff have continuously been helping me out with this, and put me in contact with Community Hired to start with. They do have good will.

However, the Coronavirus situation has given both California (where Fandom and Community Hired are located), my country, and other nations unforeseen major problems. We do not know for certain yet if it will prolong the time schedule for either Fandom or Community Hired regarding their work.

In addition, there is also the risk that I will get sick at some point, given my government's disastrous handling of the situation, but I have stocked up with supplies for around 4 months, and can live as a hermit for that long if necessary, so I try to minimise the risk as much as possible.

Kudos to Community Hired. Also, would the upcoming forum be similar to the current vsbw one in layout? So that there's still that "vsbw threads" feel to it.

Well, it will have the same colour theme as currently, but it is based in XenForo, so we will be able to send each other private messages and "stick" threads at the top of the sub-forums if we want extra attention to them.

There is no highlight function though, but maybe we can use the announcements feature that we have here in combination with it? I do not know if it works with external sites yet.

Also, there will generally be a much better search functionality, but Fandom did not send Community Hired the discussion thread topics seen at the bottom of the threads in their first forum backup. I have been told that it will be included in the next one though.

Antvasima said:
Well, it will have the same colour theme as currently, but it is based in XenForo, so we will be able to send each other private messages and "stick" threads at the top of the sub-forums if we want extra attention to them.

There is no highlight function though, but maybe we can use the announcements feature that we have here in combination with it? I do not know if it works with external sites yet.

Also, there will generally be a much better search functionality, but Fandom did not send Community Hired the discussion thread topics seen at the bottom of the threads in their first forum backup. I have been told that it will be included in the next one though.
Worst case scenario, you can make a discussions thread similar to the current highlights thread.

Yes, and stick it at the top of the news and announcements forum.

I just wanted to do this one last time just to be sure.

I always felt the statistics for what was shown seemed out of date, if not, mine alone is. I already had my Email Evaluated from the start.

It's the rest I still ponder about...

Before the Shift
I dun suppose this is just fine, Ant? That is my final question on the subject...

I suppose that it is fine, as long as you do not mind receiving emails for replies to threads that you are subscribed to.

No worries; I've been used to that for a long time now. XP

Well, thank you for the time. I hope this is worth all the effort. :)

Later.

Back