• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Android 17 DBS, Low 2-C upgrade.

Well, I'm convinced.
I agree with AdN...iBN???
I agree with him.

The comment from Frieza about 17 playing around during the tournament is pretty telling.
And also the straw that breaks Kakunsa's scaling, poor girl...

Isn't one of Jiren's gimmicks that he is so incomprehensible powerful and mysterious that he is always active?
Him simply standing was enough to warp the air around him to such a degree that the shock waves reached the stands.
He was literally raring to stomp Goku before Android 17 tagged him.

Ironically, Jiren suddenly lowering his guard long enough for 17 to harm him would be more of a Plot-induced Stupidity than 17 being able to harm Jiren because he is simply in that range of power.

Jiren lowering his guard is mostly because Android 17 cannot be sensed as he doesn't have conventional ki like the other fighters.

But yes, it was noted by Vados that Jiren does not possess the weakness of lowering his guard after a fight is over. Which is actually more in favour of A17's holy handgrenade being a valid feat.

Damn, AdNiBN002 just came and saved my day....

Cheers bro, I appreciate the help!

Any time, chief!

I've been looking at some Android 17 scaling recently and him potentially being Low 2-C is actually deceptively consistant all things considered. I've been thinking about maybe a making another 17 CRT just doing into full detail of his scaling, although that will probably be some in the future as this CRT is technically still active.

Last edited:
I'll be offering some thoughts on why I think Nokia 17 should be Low 2-C but first the important bit;

Ribrianne could push back Base Goku, so she's probably 3-A unironically

Anyways
, lets begin.

We actually have a statement from Frieza implying that 17 wasn't going all-out during his fight with base Toppo, which is actually consistent as he was mostly fighting to stall and given the feats we would see from him later.
The statement actually gives A LOT of validity as it explains how 17 seems so much stronger in such a short of amount of time.

FP0sJ7hWQAI-MNb
FP0sJunXEAcCAs2

17's attack on Jiren was by far the most potent attack Jiren had taken at that point in the tournament.
It was the first time he had taken damage on that kind and the 2nd time an attack had left a visible mark on him since UI Goku 1 (which was a literal scratch compared to the actual scar in his suit that 17 gave him)
Neither SSBE Vegeta, nor SSB Goku did damage of this calibre on Jiren (who are both listed at Low 2-C)

We actually saw base Frieza attempt a sneak attack on Jiren right after Vegeta, Goku and 17 had all been beaten which amounted to nothing and ended up getting him demolished right after.
So you do need relevant strength for a sneak attack to deal damage comparable to what 17 did. The only real exception to this is the Sorbet feat (which is extremely bizarre for a dozen reasons)
So 17's feat being a sneak-attack does not invalidate it by any means.

I mean, 17 did literally one-shot the fatigued Jiren that was equal to Golden Frieza. So saying it did nothing isn't really accurate. But I agree with the rest, this does not scale 17 nor Frieza.

Concluding this as plot convenience seems even more bizzare than just taking it at face value for me. There's half a dozen feats that would have to been converted to outliers for the sake to consistency then.

- 17 taking hits from Jiren must be an outlier

- 17 pushing back Jiren with his ki-blasts must be an outlier

- 17 taking hits from GoD Toppo must be an outlier

- 17 keeping up alongside SSB Goku and SSBE Vegeta must be an outlier

- 17 briefly clashing with the Jiren that Goku and Vegeta could clash with, must be an outlier

- 17 hurting Jiren with the suprise attack must be an outlier

If we wanna leave this for another time, that's fine by me (I will admit that this post is probably uneccesary instigation, as it's unlikely to change opinions)
But i'm really not a fan of this conclusion at all, judging so many feats as inconsistencies just ends up making any proper scaling extremely cluttered.
Especially as there are statements that explain the original feats, which ends up going against the idea that these are outliers.
Man just jumps in to save the day.

Actually, I did recheck his profile. We actually did accept his barrier and bomb both being Low 2-C, which also likely means we considered Ribrianne breaking the barrier either an outlier or 17 not going all out. I forgot we actually accepted those Low 2-C ratings a while back.

17 overpowering Toppo's base form was mostly due to him outlasting him since 17 has infinite supply of energy/limitless stamina while Toppo did not. And when Toppo went GoD he was overpowering the cast effortlessly, though 17 was able to block attacks with his barrier. And was only able to be stopped by SSBE Vegeta who had to go all out.

The Low 2-C bomb would inherently follow Newton's 3rd law and could scale to 17's durability. As it was originally supposed to be a suicide attack, but it wasn't to everyone else's surprise. And it's not like we can assume it was a "He was knocked out and/or hospitalized but survived" scenario given he was actively hiding, didn't really have a scratch on him. And limitless stamina makes and unconscious knock out assumptions very unlikely and thus most characters like that have either a stand up or be destroyed reactions to attacks.

Though, we're still going to need to convince more staff members before a Low 2-C outright rating. Because I know AKM Sama might have complaints about earlier fights of 17 seemingly struggling against foes who are simply 3-A, but it's likely 17 was holding back for a lot of those fighters. Though, not sure if he'd have any reason to hold back against Anilaza base form or not who was bodying the combined might of SSG Goku, SSJ Vegeta, Ultimate Gohan, Android 17, Frieza, and Android 18 combined. And even 18 needed to sacrifice herself to save 17 from being eliminated at one point. Which that might be the most controversial detail against 17 being Low 2-C.

But I should call more Dragon Ball Staff. @AKM sama @Elizhaa @KLOL506 @Therefir @DemonGodMitchAubin @UchihaSlayer96 @LordGriffin1000 @Starter_Pack thoughts would be appreciated.

17 and SSB Goku were holding back in their fight against each other before the Top right? I can't remember. Because if not, that would mean SSB Goku before the ToP would be Low 2-C.

17 and SSB Goku were holding back in their fight against each other before the Top right? I can't remember. Because if not, that would mean SSB Goku before the ToP would be Low 2-C.
^^ correct, both said to eachother that they believed they were holding back, Goku also follows up on this after 17 eliminated Kakunza, saying that he knew 17 was hiding his powers.

I am only responsible for the No. 17 episode, but Goku, who goes around scouting, was fighting to explore his opponent, not to defeat him. I think the reason he turned Blue was to motivate his opponent. That is how I interpret it. I apologize for any misleading expressions.

Sorry for the intrusion.
I don't think Goku was serious, but then again, neither was #17, right?

Both of them are hiding something. The rest is left to be revealed during the tournament.

Goku being Low 2-C before the ToP makes no sense though, especially considering how much stronger he became in the tournament.

Besides, Low 2-C scaling is kinda a mess anyways since currently it comes from Jiren surpassing IZ, but that is only with his full power, as Jiren did not even used a hint of his full power against the Spirit Bomb or UIO1 Goku

It could be that 17 grew more powerful in the tournamemt like Goku did

Considering that Goku actually said that 17 was "still" holding back his powers even after the ToP started, it actually seems to suggest that 17 was just consistently supressing himself for most of the ToP's runtime.

Taking into account how we've seen him deliberately act goofy against the likes of Ribrianne, admitted himself into being sluggish against Kankunsa and Frieza outright stating that he's still playing around against Toppo, this is actually quite consistent with both scaling and narrative.

FP7T5XaWQAQQjbN

Last edited:
He probably grew stronger.. I mean he reached 3A by fighting Poachers so ...

Poachers are 3-A because Guns could scratch 3-A Goku

As for Jiren, Supreme Kai Shin did state that Jiren's energy felt different from anything he's felt before when he stopped Goku's spirit bomb. So supressed Jiren > Infinite Zamazu seems consistent aswell.

Last edited:
At this point I feel like Saiyans are not as much of a genius as the Show is trying to tell us.

Goku trained 3 years with Kami and reached a PL of 300-400
Krillin, Tien and Yamcha reached PL over 1000.

Frieza succeeded in reaching the same power as Goku in just 4 months.
Hit quickly adapted to Dyspo's speed , Kaioken x10 and surpressed Jiren in like 5 min.
Android 17 ...Universal after barely training.

I swear, Saiyans would be doomed without abusing multipliers.

Wasn't it when Jiren stopped the Spirit bomb with a glare and Kaioshin stated that he was more powerful than everyone Goku ever fought? So it's surpressed Jiren
Uh no. Whis said that Jiren's power is relative or even surpassed that of a God of Destruction, causing them to realize Jiren is the warrior that was mentioned as being above the Gods of Destruction, but later, the same statement was said when Jiren fought at full power against UIO3 Goku, so the reference to his power likely points to Jiren's full power (as they also mentioned he's holding back) rather than his suppressed form, unless everyone is GoD level by episode 110...

Uh no. Whis said that Jiren's power is relative or even surpassed that of a God of Destruction, causing them to realize Jiren is the warrior that was mentioned as being above the Gods of Destruction, but later, the same statement was said when Jiren fought at full power against UIO3 Goku, so the reference to his power likely points to Jiren's full power (as they also mentioned he's holding back) rather than his suppressed form, unless everyone is GoD level by episode 110...
Low 2C statement comes from being stronger than IZ and Jiren was stated to be stronger than him, while being surpressed. This has nothing to do with Whis

I'm fairly certain there were also other statements that Jiren was the strongest individual that they have ever faced before from the threads that I've seen discussing that topic.

At this point I feel like Saiyans are not as much of a genius as the Show is trying to tell us.

Goku trained 3 years with Kami and reached a PL of 300-400
Krillin, Tien and Yamcha reached PL over 1000.

Frieza succeeded in reaching the same power as Goku in just 4 months.
Hit quickly adapted to Dyspo's speed , Kaioken x10 and surpressed Jiren in like 5 min.
Android 17 ...Universal after barely training.

I swear, Saiyans would be doomed without abusing multipliers.
That just means Frieza has more potential than a Saiyan.

If he trained for 3 years I'm sure he would even surpass Beerus

I mean, from Super and upwards Saiyans weren't the big deal anymore....

A17 could catch up with SSB in a fairly short time.

And Frieza jumped from High 4-C to 3-A/Low 2-C in just 4 moths.

From a glance, the propositions made by AdNiBN make sense to me.

I think scaling 17 to the very endgame ToP fighters makes sense, especially since, you know, he was one of those endgame fighters.

I think 17 should get two keys between Pre-ToP and Post-ToP, as SSB Goku and Golden Frieza were stated to be the two strongest fighters in Universe 7 prior to the start of the ToP, so A17 should be a bit behind them at least at first

Low 2-C Golden Frieza is also pretty consistent all things considered. He was very relevant in the fight against GoD Toppo and he could take the misdirected blast from Jiren equally well as 17.

I don't think the case for Low 2-C Golden Frieza is as conclusive as Low 2-C Android 17 (By which I mean, a Low 2-C Android 17 does not guarantee a Low 2-C Frieza) but the two generally perform on the same wavelength quite often.

Last edited:
Back