• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arcanine vs Cat Noir (Adrien Agreste)

Cat Noir-0
vs
600px-059Arcanine
Round 1: Speed Unequalised Round 2: Speed equalised

Arcanine is wild, Cat Noir can use his Cataclysm, though only every 5 minutes, and he will not detransform

This seems like a difficult match for Cat Noir, going off of statistics.

Looking at round 1, where we have Speed Unequalised....

Arcanine: At least Subsonic, likely far higher (Can run 6200 miles in a day) Vs Cat Noir: Superhuman movement speed (Capable of jumping dozens of feet across the air in under a second), Massively Hypersonic reactions (via this calc )

Superhuman Speed is (12.43-34.3 m/s) while Subsonic speed is (Faster than the Eye) (Mach 0.1-0.5) (34.3-171.5 m/s or 76.7-383.6 mph) and while it might only apply to Cat Noir's reactions, he can be power scaled to Ladybug's reaction feat calculated at "287,789.65m/s = Mach 839 Massively Hypersonic"

Depending on Arcanine's speed, it could be equal speed -or close to it- or Arcanine could be up to nearly 14 times as fast as Cat Noir. And it can already achieve higher speeds thanks to the level-up movepool of its pre-evolution Growlithe, with Agility, & from its own movepool, Extremespeed.

I'm not entirely sure, but there sure seems like potential for a speed blitz.

It's unclear if Leer or Intimidate have an effect here.

There's also the matter of Arcanine having incredible range with fire-type moves, against a close combat fighter like Cat Noir.

Not to mention, if Cat Noir's metal staff isn't heat proof, it may be at risk of melting, or becoming too hot to wield. Admittedly, it's possible his suit may provide some protection against his staff heating up & he is an experienced wielder.

He can also extend his staff, seemingly infinitely, but I still question how viable a weapon it is.

And of course, there's also the matter of their stats.

Both have Above Average Intelligence, & Cat Noir's relevant combat skills seem like the aforementioned fencing lessons & experience. ....Unless his Chinese language skills prove useful for with Arcanine, as it's been officially described as a "legendary Chinese Pokemon". :p

Anyway....

Arcanine: Attack Potency: At least Large Building level (Comparable to Ninetales), likely far higher & At least Large Building level, likely far higher (Is consistently portrayed as a legendary Pokemon in the games and anime, and while it is unlikely to be on the level of the birds, it could be above other Gen I fire types such as Charizard)

Cat Noir: Attack Potency: At most Large Building level (Fought against The Mime who both slashed and held up the Eiffel Tower). & At most Large Building level (Was capable of trading blows with The Mime unharmed. Said Mime had later sliced down and then held up the Eiffel Tower. Has survived getting hit by a bus and getting launched into the air and hitting solid ground several times)

In both Attack Potency & Durability, Arcanine is "At least Large Building Level, likely far higher" while Cat Noir is "At most Large Building Level".

I don't know the exact numbers, & I don't know their stamina & reactions match up, among other details, but even in a speed equalized match, Cat Noir has difficulty overcoming Arcanine.

Arcanine has better AP & Dura, albeit, not by a lot, is close or equal in intelligence, & it's elemental attacks and range make it difficult for Cat Noir to get in close, or even wield his weapon if Arcanine can heat it up enough, or even MELT or otherwise break it, if it is breakable.

The best advantages I can think of for Cat Noir here are his Lifting Strength of: Class 5 (Could flip over a bus with his staff with little strain), possibly higher. Arcanine has Unknown Lifting Strength, but Cat Noir's LS, combined with the extendability of his staff & the him being likely quite capable of lifting Arcanine with his staff might be an advantage. Possibly.

Cataclysm, while potentially useful, unfortunately has Unknown effects on living beings. I'm not sure if it can be considered as a factor in this battle, at least, not as a direct weapon against Arcanine; More likely, it would involve making use of the environment.

Ideally, possibly creating a rock slide, land slide, or breaking a water tour, a dam, etc. If Cat Noir could exploit that elemental weakness -although, it's uncertain he wouldn't without much reason to know about it other than "Fire-Monster probably hates water/needs a dousing with dirt or some other water alternative"- & even such engineered natural disasters aren't guaranteed to not be avoided.

To put it briefly, & without knowing exact speeds, I say Arcanine takes it with some ease first round, thanks to being increase its own speed, likely naturally better to begin with, as well as barely superior AP, Durability, matched or close Intelligence, & its elemental attacks providing range that's difficult to overcome & works well against a metal staff that we don't know to be heatproof.

I will admit, it's possible, though, that Cat Noir's staff's range, & his lifting strength give him some edge & while Cataclysm's effects on living beings like Arcanine are Unknown, he could possibly use it in combination with the battle environment, possibly to great effect, & via power-scaling to the calc for Ladybug, he has much better reflexes, which could prove essential.

But in Round 2, with Speed Equalized, Cat Noir's chances aren't much better.

I think Arcanine takes this, Medium to High difficulty, & Cat Noir might have to hope his Chinese language skills can help him negotiate a truce with this "legendary Chinese Pokemon"! :p
(No offense, to anyone, all!)

Imaginym said:
This seems like a difficult match for Cat Noir, going off of statistics.
Looking at round 1, where we have Speed Unequalised....

Arcanine: At least Subsonic, likely far higher (Can run 6200 miles in a day) Vs Cat Noir: Superhuman movement speed (Capable of jumping dozens of feet across the air in under a second), Massively Hypersonic reactions (via this calc )

Superhuman Speed is (12.43-34.3 m/s) while Subsonic speed is (Faster than the Eye) (Mach 0.1-0.5) (34.3-171.5 m/s or 76.7-383.6 mph) and while it might only apply to Cat Noir's reactions, he can be power scaled to Ladybug's reaction feat calculated at "287,789.65m/s = Mach 839 Massively Hypersonic"

Depending on Arcanine's speed, it could be equal speed -or close to it- or Arcanine could be up to nearly 14 times as fast as Cat Noir. And it can already achieve higher speeds thanks to the level-up movepool of its pre-evolution Growlithe, with Agility, & from its own movepool, Extremespeed.

I'm not entirely sure, but there sure seems like potential for a speed blitz.

It's unclear if Leer or Intimidate have an effect here.

There's also the matter of Arcanine having incredible range with fire-type moves, against a close combat fighter like Cat Noir.

Not to mention, if Cat Noir's metal staff isn't heat proof, it may be at risk of melting, or becoming too hot to wield. Admittedly, it's possible his suit may provide some protection against his staff heating up & he is an experienced wielder.

He can also extend his staff, seemingly infinitely, but I still question how viable a weapon it is.

And of course, there's also the matter of their stats.

Both have Above Average Intelligence, & Cat Noir's relevant combat skills seem like the aforementioned fencing lessons & experience. ....Unless his Chinese language skills prove useful for with Arcanine, as it's been officially described as a "legendary Chinese Pokemon". :p

Anyway....

Arcanine: Attack Potency: At least Large Building level (Comparable to Ninetales), likely far higher & At least Large Building level, likely far higher (Is consistently portrayed as a legendary Pokemon in the games and anime, and while it is unlikely to be on the level of the birds, it could be above other Gen I fire types such as Charizard)

Cat Noir: Attack Potency: At most Large Building level (Fought against The Mime who both slashed and held up the Eiffel Tower). & At most Large Building level (Was capable of trading blows with The Mime unharmed. Said Mime had later sliced down and then held up the Eiffel Tower. Has survived getting hit by a bus and getting launched into the air and hitting solid ground several times)

In both Attack Potency & Durability, Arcanine is "At least Large Building Level, likely far higher" while Cat Noir is "At most Large Building Level".

I don't know the exact numbers, & I don't know their stamina & reactions match up, among other details, but even in a speed equalized match, Cat Noir has difficulty overcoming Arcanine.

Arcanine has better AP & Dura, albeit, not by a lot, is close or equal in intelligence, & it's elemental attacks and range make it difficult for Cat Noir to get in close, or even wield his weapon if Arcanine can heat it up enough, or even MELT or otherwise break it, if it is breakable.

The best advantages I can think of for Cat Noir here are his Lifting Strength of: Class 5 (Could flip over a bus with his staff with little strain), possibly higher. Arcanine has Unknown Lifting Strength, but Cat Noir's LS, combined with the extendability of his staff & the him being likely quite capable of lifting Arcanine with his staff might be an advantage. Possibly.

Cataclysm, while potentially useful, unfortunately has Unknown effects on living beings. I'm not sure if it can be considered as a factor in this battle, at least, not as a direct weapon against Arcanine; More likely, it would involve making use of the environment.

Ideally, possibly creating a rock slide, land slide, or breaking a water tour, a dam, etc. If Cat Noir could exploit that elemental weakness -although, it's uncertain he wouldn't without much reason to know about it other than "Fire-Monster probably hates water/needs a dousing with dirt or some other water alternative"- & even such engineered natural disasters aren't guaranteed to not be avoided.

To put it briefly, & without knowing exact speeds, I say Arcanine takes it with some ease first round, thanks to being increase its own speed, likely naturally better to begin with, as well as barely superior AP, Durability, matched or close Intelligence, & its elemental attacks providing range that's difficult to overcome & works well against a metal staff that we don't know to be heatproof.

I will admit, it's possible, though, that Cat Noir's staff's range, & his lifting strength give him some edge & while Cataclysm's effects on living beings like Arcanine are Unknown, he could possibly use it in combination with the battle environment, possibly to great effect, & via power-scaling to the calc for Ladybug, he has much better reflexes, which could prove essential.

But in Round 2, with Speed Equalized, Cat Noir's chances aren't much better.

I think Arcanine takes this, Medium to High difficulty, & Cat Noir might have to hope his Chinese language skills can help him negotiate a truce with this "legendary Chinese Pokemon"! :p
(No offense, to anyone, all!)
Wow, this is amazing XD

I vote for Arcanine for the above reasons.

Back