• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are Energy Blasts Counted as Striking Strength?

Basically, if you are 7-A via an energy blast, would you get 7-A striking strength ia the energy blast? Or does it only count if you can physically punch that hard? No verse specifically, just a thought that crossed my mind.

If we slapped all kinds of AP as "striking strength", there'd be no point to it. It's purely for physical strikes.

Assume character A has tier 7 energy blasts

Character A shoots character B with a enrgy blast

Character B is only bruised by the blast

Now Character A walks up to Character B and punches him in the stomach

Character B gets the wind punched out of him and is visibly hurt

Since Character A demonstrably did more damage with his punches against someone who endured a tier 7 blast, his striking strength directly scales to tier 7 as well.

Striking strength is how hard you can punch/kick someone.

If you can fire 7-A energy blasts, your punches need a reason to scale to be as strong as the blast

What Kal said.

If I can generate fireballs in real life that can blow up cars, my striking strength would still be normal human levels since I can't punch with that amount of force behind it.

If I had Ki instead and learned to completely harness it, if I can blow up a building with a casual Ki blast, and since the same energy is used to amp my physical attacks, my striking strength would also be Building Level.

Unless you're a Dragon Ball character where Ki is dependent on the physical body. Otherwise no

In general no. Attacks that don't come from you physical strength don't count as striking strength, for obvious reasons.

Back