• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armorchompy Revises Random Old Games Pt. 7 - Rocket Knight Adventures

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Rocket Knight Adventures, a neat little Konami game that for some reason didn't have the best... right, Konami, that checks out. Yep, let it never be said that they only screw over their major franchises!

Anyway, as I was saying, Rocket Knight Adventures is a Genesis platformer game which I find extremely charming, it has this really unique mixture of steampunk elements with cutesy mascot visuals that gives it a really neat vibes I haven't seen done elsewhere much. I'm not sure I'd recommend it though since it's really damn hard, the US/EU versions in particular crank the difficulty way higher (to the point that the default difficulty in the US version which you need to be playing to get to the end of the game was a bonus ultra-hard difficulty locked behind cheat codes in the JP original version), but it is really unique and lovingly crafted.

Unfortunately I can't say the same for the sequels, Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2 is probably not a bad game but it's clearly a budget one, it's a lot more generic in terms of visuals and loses much of the charm. I'd say the same for the SNES game titled simply Sparkster, I'm not saying either of them are bad games, I only played the original (researched all tho), I just don't think they have the same charm. There's also a 2010 revival attempt which... eugh

Anyway, new profiles here. Old profiles here (ones that aren't getting changed are fine P&A-wise). That's it, feats ignored by the new profiles are invalid for mostly self-evident reasons, feel free to ask me to explain if needed tho, also note that if the bolded P&A thing goes through I'm applying it to Axel's profile since I think it looks better.

You've done it once again the new profile is definitely an improvement i have no knowledge of this game aside from what you said so it's surprising to see the jump from planet level to 8-A, curious to hear about that

Anyways I agree

You've done it once again the new profile is definitely an improvement i have no knowledge of this game aside from what you said so it's surprising to see the jump from planet level to 8-A, curious to hear about that
It's mostly that we don't know what the 5-B attacks would look like, you just fight the spaceship itself, I don't think what looks like its main gun ever even fires

The missile thing from the original profiles seems like it could get higher than high hyper, should it get calced

Ah yes, I made Devligus' profile way back in mid-2017. At around the same time, I also made Headdy's profile.
Time flies.
Anyway, I agree with everything in the sandbox. Always thought 5-B Sparkster was weird since you don't even fight the spaceship, you fight its core.

Back