• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azalea VS Alela

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
A battle of water and lightning.

Azalea Aculeus, the Submerged Alchemist

VS

Alela Stardust, the Tempest Deity

bUk405k.png
LtpDKSO.png

Match Info:
  • Peak versions of both characters.
  • Speed equalized.
  • Takes place on an uninhabited Earth.
  • Starting distance of 100m.
Who Wins?

Azalea:
-
Alela: -
Nobody: -

Some percentage chance nonsense to keep in mind regarding Azalea:

• She has a 50% chance to have all of her attacks absorb themselves into the opponents body. When this happens, her mana will siphon the target's passive skills and supply them to Azalea.
  • 50% reduction in damage from all non-divine/holy forms of attack + 45% additional reduction towards physical attacks passively + 45% additional additional reduction against physical attacks due to guild skill.
  • There is a 20% chance for all of her attacks to simply ignore durability and deal damage direction to the opponent's lifeforce.
  • All elemental attacks have their effectiveness reduced by 85%.
  • 65% chance to automatically evade an incoming attack.
Most notable abilities:
  • All of her water attacks bypass water resistances and stacks water vulnerability onto the target, which is effectively an anti-resistance. This makes all of her attacks do more damage the more they hit you.
  • Restoration. She can restore attacks to their most basic form. When applied to magic, it reduces the phenomena back to its mana state.
  • She can immediately siphon every molecule of water from your body.
  • If she coats herself in water she becomes invulnerable and gains a massive stat boost + instantaneous regeneration.
  • Refresh nullifies all debuffs on her status.
  • Neptune's Gate can seal the target and nullify all abilities.
  • Hydrolysis causes numerable biological failures when he imbues it into her water attacks.
  • Can sacrifice all of her passive skills in order to equalize herself to the opponent.

Last edited:
She has a 50% chance to have all of her attacks absorb themselves into the opponents body. When this happens, her mana will siphon the target's passive skills and supply them to Azalea.
I'm not 100% sure on what this means exactly, but if it thinks what I believe it means (I assume it means she'd gain opponents passive abilities) this shouldn't exactly work. Without a Tempest Soul, who is actually a character on its own, powers of the Tempest Deity cannot be copied, and I don't think she has the ability to straight up do that. Alela's resistance to power mimicry is very strong because of this

Imagine copying a character though 🗿
50% reduction in damage from all non-divine/holy forms of attack + 45% additional reduction towards physical attacks passively + 45% additional additional reduction against physical attacks due to guild skill.
Alela's attacks would certainly count as divine in nature though Tempest Deity powers and Volt itself don't possess inherit 'holiness'. Her power is derived from the divinely created Tempest Soul so I don't think the 50% reduction would count either.

Also does this imply a 90% damage reduction of all physicals with the 45 + 45? She'd be nearly immune to them in that case

Aside from these, the others will be troublesome for Alela. But to start, unless Azalea has like instant death counter and/or reaction to it (Tempest Soul would see this in advance and alter the starting strategy), Alela activates Tempest Aura
  • Tempest Aura: The Tempest Deity naturally gives others an innate fear which is inscribed upon their souls at a deep level immediately upon detecting her. This fear is commonly described as a feeling which forces all others to act as if they are in the presence of a genuine God. The aura actively alters the personality of enemies seeking to stand against her in due to the overwhelming and incomprehensible effects that being in the presence of something which transcends them applies. In addition, those who still dare to stand to her find their reality becoming extremely glitchy, with Alela's voice sounding omnipresent, and her being all around them no matter where they go (even through abilities like portals/far teleportation or even Kyofu’s spatial manipulation attempting to block her out and having zero effect), and their bodies beginning to feel like the only way out is to submit to death, with their abilities slowly shutting down one by one as they face her. it could potentially force even an extremely ardent opponent to suicide right there to avoid her. Even extremely high willpower enemies feel no chance at avoiding this, including Guild of Shadows Elder's who are naturally 'mad' and cannot have their minds influenced by such abilities which induce insanity and similar effects, and doing so almost effortlessly. The effects get FAR greater depending on how much hatred Alela feels towards someone.
What would the Azalea reaction be?

I'm not 100% sure on what this means exactly, but if it thinks what I believe it means (I assume it means she'd gain opponents passive abilities) this shouldn't exactly work. Without a Tempest Soul, who is actually a character on its own, powers of the Tempest Deity cannot be copied, and I don't think she has the ability to straight up do that. Alela's resistance to power mimicry is very strong because of this
It's not power mimicry, though. It's simply "oh, you're regenerating? That effect applies to me too." So essentially any passive skill you use also gets used on Azalea.

She's not really copying it, just reaping the benefits from your usage of it.

Alela's attacks would certainly count as divine in nature though Tempest Deity powers and Volt itself don't possess inherit 'holiness'. Her power is derived from the divinely created Tempest Soul so I don't think the 50% reduction would count either.
Divine here explicitly means holiness (angelic) and unholiness (demonic) in Ark. So I don't think so.

Also does this imply a 90% damage reduction of all physicals with the 45 + 45? She'd be nearly immune to them in that case
No, it's like... it gets reduced by 45%, then by 45% again.

So let's say your attack does 100 damage.

100 x 0.55 = 55
55 x 0.55 = 30.25

Your attack would end up doing 30.25 damage or 30.25% of the original value.

However, with the 50% reduction included, that goes down to 15.125% of the original value.

What would the Azalea reaction be?
Arkane Physiology resistance covers this from the looks of it.

It's not power mimicry, though. It's simply "oh, you're regenerating? That effect applies to me too." So essentially any passive skill you use also gets used on Azalea.
Does she have to land something first to trigger this though? It says ‘chance to have all of her attacks absorb themselves into the opponents body’ which I believe means that she needs to land something first and even then it’s not guaranteed to happen
Divine here explicitly means holiness (angelic) and unholiness (demonic) in Ark. So I don't think so.
Does verse equalization help here? Tempest Soul comes from a source of Order, which by definition is most certainly divine/holy/angelic or whatever, even consisting of beings who would call themselves angels and gods, and the power of the tempest deity has the same qualities even though it doesn’t have a holy element behind it outright. Unless I’m just reading wrong and this is pointless lol
No, it's like... it gets reduced by 45%, then by 45% again.

So let's say your attack does 100 damage.

100 x 0.55 = 55
55 x 0.55 = 30.25

Your attack would end up doing 30.25 damage or 30.25% of the original value.

However, with the 50% reduction included, that goes down to 15.125% of the original value.
I see then, that’s still pretty close to the 90% total reduction I guessed after my first glance at it since it would amount to 84.875 overall
Arkane Physiology resistance covers this from the looks of it.
I’m sure this is busted to the point where there’s no point in me saying this, but Alela and the powers of the tempest deity are definitely able to evolve beyond someone able to resist their effects. She has pretty good reactive evolution which is basically built to be able to make this possible against someone able to normally shrug her powers off, like it seems that Azalea can
  • The Soul can force Alela into a higher state of battle by building up a nearly instant resistance to powerful enemy effects and scales her abilities higher in order to eventually overpower someone who can resist her effects, with this being even quicker depending on how powerful the defenses are. This is also a defensive ability which prevents others from doing the same thing to her and also blocking enemies from negating the Deity's defenses and resistances. The Tempest Soul 'corrects' reality to block abilities based in Chaos, which typically consists of those which change, distort, or outright break laws of physics or mathematics to achieve otherworldly effects.
Because of how Arkane physiology clearly is very powerful the evolution most likely is all the more quicker, so unless something crazy comes up Alela ought to be affecting her with tempest aura eventually

Does she have to land something first to trigger this though?
Yes.

Does verse equalization help here? Tempest Soul comes from a source of Order, which by definition is most certainly divine/holy/angelic or whatever, even consisting of beings who would call themselves angels and gods, and the power of the tempest deity has the same qualities even though it doesn’t have a holy element behind it outright. Unless I’m just reading wrong and this is pointless lol
I mean, I'll just grant you this. It's not that big of a deal really.

I’m sure this is busted to the point where there’s no point in me saying this, but Alela and the powers of the tempest deity are definitely able to evolve beyond someone able to resist their effects. She has pretty good reactive evolution which is basically built to be able to make this possible against someone able to normally shrug her powers off, like it seems that Azalea can
It says "eventually," and Arkane stuff is layered quite a bit too.

Not to mention she has her guild skill on top of it which blocks out mental effects.

Even if it starts to affect her she can use "Refresh" and "Restore" to nullify the effects and recover herself back to normal.

Anyway, beyond just the aura, what exactly is Alela's first move?

It says "eventually," and Arkane stuff is layered quite a bit too.

Not to mention she has her guild skill on top of it which blocks out mental effects.

Even if it starts to affect her she can use "Refresh" and "Restore" to nullify the effects and recover herself back to normal.

Anyway, beyond just the aura, what exactly is Alela's first move?
How good is the guild skill? Can it block like literally anything?

Sure, refresh and restore would work but that wouldn’t get rid of the evolved power Alela would gain by her Tempest Aura being resisted at first, which could for Azalea to have to spam it (if possible) depending on when exactly the aura would work and that can result in big problems if it happens

Outside of the initial aura she activates Tempest Ultrabolts and draws her blade. At first she usually uses the ultrabolts on defense, but if Azalea puts Alela into a bad situation Tempest Soul will take over and basically force Alela into a bloodlusted state where she’ll do whatever to win. Alela prefers not to use them offensively unless proven necessary because of how brutal they are. From there, she’ll likely start with standard ninja stuff and Volt attacks, with ultrabolts present to counter what Azelea tries first

How good is the guild skill? Can it block like literally anything?

Sure, refresh and restore would work but that wouldn’t get rid of the evolved power Alela would gain by her Tempest Aura being resisted at first, which could for Azalea to have to spam it (if possible) depending on when exactly the aura would work and that can result in big problems if it happens

Outside of the initial aura she activates Tempest Ultrabolts and draws her blade. At first she usually uses the ultrabolts on defense, but if Azalea puts Alela into a bad situation Tempest Soul will take over and basically force Alela into a bloodlusted state where she’ll do whatever to win. Alela prefers not to use them offensively unless proven necessary because of how brutal they are. From there, she’ll likely start with standard ninja stuff and Volt attacks, with ultrabolts present to counter what Azelea tries first
The guild ability is an Ark immunity, which is superior to an infinite layered resistance. Azalea— on the other hand, does spam. Her initial move would be to spam water danmaku to see how the opponent would react before doing some more intricate attacks and skills.

Funnily enough, if you put Azalea in a bad state, she would pretty much do the same thing Alela does: go blood-lusted, ditch her moral code to focus on surviving, etc. If the fight does escalate to that degree, Azalea will start off using blood manipulation and more brutal techniques. Things like mummifying her body by dehydrating her, freezing her body from the inside, or even manipulating the water in her body to turn into ice-shaped spikes that impale her from the inside out.

The attacks Alela throws at Azalea would either be met with a [Restore] or just be absorbed— if they are magical in nature. A skill like [Big Freeze] would be used to counter magic-based attacks, while [Restore] just sends it back to the user, as she restores it "back to the previous state," which would be Alela preparing the attack in the first place. Restore is more like causality manipulation in the sense, think of Crazy Diamond from Jojo.

The guild ability is an Ark immunity, which is superior to an infinite layered resistance. Azalea— on the other hand, does spam. Her initial move would be to spam water danmaku to see how the opponent would react before doing some more intricate attacks and skills.
So tier 1 resistance?

Danmaku such as this are easy snacks for Tempest Ultrabolts, even if Azalea can use over a hundred thousand blasts all at once they still won’t be able to get through to her. They can devour an amount of stuff equivalent to the entire earth to the moon and everything in between in under 2 seconds (the size of the pocket realm Alela was in when this happened). Alela herself wouldn’t even need to move very much at all to defend vs this, especially if Tempest Soul is directing her subconsciously, but they are more than able to do this with their own movements
Funnily enough, if you put Azalea in a bad state, she would pretty much do the same thing Alela does: go blood-lusted, ditch her moral code to focus on surviving, etc. If the fight does escalate to that degree, Azalea will start off using blood manipulation and more brutal techniques. Things like mummifying her body by dehydrating her, freezing her body from the inside, or even manipulating the water in her body to turn into ice-shaped spikes that impale her from the inside out.
Alela has a very potent resistance to stuff like that. Her molecules are basically unmovable. Kyofu has very high level spatial manipulation and the ability to manipulation both biology and matter and sort of stack the two as well, and Alela is unaffected. The tempest aura and tempest soul both combine to make this resistance far more powerful as well, and in addition, she resists reality warping effects which seek to change/alter her body (encompassing stuff like petrification) to the point where even a law manipulation ability (shadow force law) able to endlessly stack upon itself wasn’t working to let stuff hurt her at all. It slows down highly potent stuff to where it might as well not exist if they CAN effect her despite the resistance. Even with vulnerability (if it applies to attacks like that) Alela would be very difficult to do any of that too, that is if Azalea finds a way to slip anything through tempest ultrabolts which is its own adventure.

Also I’m not sure that would work very well if Alela became a lightning bolt, which Electrojutsu allows for.

I also noticed that Azalea’s range caps out around 4 kilometers, and Alela’s Volt attacks go up to planetary in range, so she’s more than capable of floating far away and attacking without Azalea being able to reach her with stuff like this. On top of that ultrabolts have interdimensional range, and are able to attack opponents even if Alela herself is in another universe. Tempest Soul also provides Alela with extraordinary genius battle iq where she’s able to come up with a bunch of highly complex plans all within the span of moments, far exceeding Azalea’s capacity, so she has a big advantage in both of those aspects. I can see both being a big deciding factor later on.
The attacks Alela throws at Azalea would either be met with a [Restore] or just be absorbed— if they are magical in nature. A skill like [Big Freeze] would be used to counter magic-based attacks, while [Restore] just sends it back to the user, as she restores it "back to the previous state," which would be Alela preparing the attack in the first place. Restore is more like causality manipulation in the sense, think of Crazy Diamond from Jojo.
The Tempest Deity is made to battle against Chaos enemies which includes stuff like magic and all, so her abilities inherently are not magical so absorption shouldn’t be applied. Restore would work, but tempest ultrabolts don’t need to be prepared, they sort of just act out and are already active basically instantly so I guess they’d go back to just being stationary, but they can’t be gotten rid of entirely. Not sure about big freeze because nothing Alela does can really be described as magical (pretty much the opposite in fact, though I still wouldn’t say it’s anti-magic or something)

Alela has a very potent resistance to stuff like that. Her molecules are basically unmovable. Kyofu has very high level spatial manipulation and the ability to manipulation both biology and matter and sort of stack the two as well, and Alela is unaffected. The tempest aura and tempest soul both combine to make this resistance far more powerful as well, and in addition, she resists reality warping effects which seek to change/alter her body (encompassing stuff like petrification) to the point where even a law manipulation ability (shadow force law) able to endlessly stack upon itself wasn’t working to let stuff hurt her at all. It slows down highly potent stuff to where it might as well not exist if they CAN effect her despite the resistance. Even with vulnerability (if it applies to attacks like that) Alela would be very difficult to do any of that too, that is if Azalea finds a way to slip anything through tempest ultrabolts which is its own adventure.
Her attacks inflict water vulnerability which removes resistance and gives an anti-resistance.

Her attacks inflict water vulnerability which removes resistance and gives an anti-resistance.
That’s what I mentioned Shadow Force Law for. It essentially does the same thing, and Alela still doesn’t feel it. It’s not on any profile right now but I can still provide it’s description
  • Shadow Force Law: A main ability for all Elder's. Shadojutsu energy at a high level creates events which defy any expectation of them by outsiders, to the point ‘anything’ would be possible, including affecting those which are normally unable to be harmed by any feasible phenomenon. This is a passive move which subverts the laws decreed by God which keep all of reality pristine. It turns rules and laws around to make them chaotic and break them down entirely, therefore an affront against God and those aligned similarly. It can even do this against other opponents able to subvert the law of reality, as Shadojutsu takes their opponent and equalizes to their power via its own subversion of what's actually real, and can do so even against an opponent ‘endless’ in both offensive or defensive nature depending on the potency of the user. It’s also the general principle of Demon power.
Shadow Force Law doesn’t really work on Alela so I don’t believe that vulnerability would either because they are both basically the same thing, since shadow force law subverts reality and essentially ‘removes’ resistances in a similar vein. It does this through law manipulation, causality manipulation, and resistance negation

Last edited:
Back