• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How none of this got brought up during the 6-C downgrades is beyond me, but we ended up at a good place for stats regardless and that’s fine by me.

Spirit as an Energy System

So first things first, we gotta prove why any of this scales to physicals at all. This will also serve as an explanation for high-tier feat scaling, though that isn’t the focus of this thread.

Spirit is the main concept here. It is something that every character in the verse possesses, and is the medium through which they use the vast majority of their techniques. You can read a more complete explanation here, but the core idea is that due to Spirit’s omnipresence as an energy source in the verse, proving that it equates to physical stats would mean basically every feat in the series would also scale to physicals, something very important for 2 of the 3 feats listed below.

Spirit is capable of amping physical attacks, not just magical ones. In the STGs, all shot types increase in power as one’s Spirit increases. This includes a few notable shot types; Reimu’s sealing needles, Sakuya’s throwing knives, and Youmu’s sword. The latter is pretty obvious, because it’s a sword; Of course swinging it requires some degree of physical strength, so amping that is amping physical strength as well. For Reimu and Sakuya, their weapons are literally just throwing weapons, which again, is something that requires some degree of physical strength (albeit with a greater reliance on dexterity and precision… which can also be argued as physical stats). Spirit amps all of these shot types just as it amps the more ‘magical’ shot types, so it clearly increases magical and physical power in equal measure; Textbook definition of a UES.

In case that weren’t enough, Spirit is also the same as stamina, which means it literally just is a physical stat; This of course means that increasing your Spirit also increases yet another physical statistic, again a clear example of what a UES is supposed to be.

Finally, Spirit is equated with Qi, which as Meiling’s SCoOW profile explains, is directly correlated with physical power. Since Spirit and Qi are the same thing, this gives us yet another example of Spirit being a direct indicator of one’s physical stats.

Cirno Makes Shaved Ice in the Least Efficient Way Possible

During VFiS, Cirno is recruited by the Three Fairies of Light to help make the summer heat a little bit more bearable. Cirno responds by creating a block of ice like a hundred feet tall and freezing the surrounding area and probably killing a few innocent frogs in the process. Calc is here, and 8-B is a significant improvement over what we have now. Not much else to say here, with the Spirit UES stuff shown above, we can scale 8-B to physical stats as well.

However, this feat is extremely close to 8-B+. We know that average humans in verse are considered superior to fairies, so they should upscale since they’re well within the 1.3x multiplier range from upscaling to upscale to 8-B+. The same holds true for fodder youkai, who are treated as much stronger than humans who can fight on par with fairies. So the scaling chain is weak youkai > humans > fairies (48 tons).

Nitori Recreates the Effects of Global Warming

One of Nitori’s spell cards within the flying fighting games creates a large flash flood, which reaches from ground level up to where the fighters themselves are. This includes the outside world, where the stage in question takes place near some skyscrapers. Calc is here, low 7-C+ results, spirit power makes physical scaling viable, everyone who already scales to Nitori gets upgraded. Not much else to say here.

Meiling Goes Fishing, Almost Destroys the Earth

During the events of Hisoutensoku, Meiling fights against the Giant Catfish within a dream, who absorbs part of Meiling’s power, says it just needs to move and the earth will tremble, and threatens to vaporize it. Meiling then fights it, but ultimately loses.

The feat itself is pretty clear cut, despite Meiling’s loss; The earth shaking is a direct result of Meiling’s own power, after all. And even then, that was just a portion of her power, as she still had enough strength to fight the Giant Catfish and hold her own for a time. And even then, the actual effort needed to accomplish this feat would be extremely casual, what with it being done just through ordinary movement alone. Considering a fraction of her power would be capable of shaking the earth and would’ve potentially vaporized it, and she was able to rival this even while in a weakened state, she should get “At least Low 6-B, likely 5-B” as an AP justification. All mid tiers who are currently accepted as upscaling from Nitori’s flood would scale to this.

But of course, there are some debunks I gotta go over first. The main one being why Meiling scales at all despite the spell card rules. Well, Meiling technically didn’t even need to fight the Giant Catfish to scale, given it’s her own power being used to accomplish the feat, so she could definitely replicate it on her own if she chose to. Even then, the Giant Catfish goes on a whole spiel about destroying the world before the fight; Why, exactly, would someone willing destroy the world arbitrarily decide to hold back while fighting?

Second point is that this fight took place in a dream. But as we all know by now, dreams are equal to reality, and what’s more, the versions of characters that appear within dreams are perfectly equal to their real world counterparts in strength and abilities. So for all intents and purposes, events that take place within dreams are valid to use for scaling.

The final point is that the Giant Catfish is rated as universal, so this would just be an upgrade to universal for Meiling, right? Not necessarily since, the Giant Catfish’s justifications are kinda bad. It assumes that it shapeshifted into the likes of Reimu and Marisa, except it literally didn’t do that. It created replicas of those characters to fight Meiling and steal her energy, but at no point is it implied that the Giant Catfish is in any way comparable (it even says that it sent assassins to handle Meiling, which would be a very out-of-place statement if the Giant Catfish was actually taking on the forms of these characters). So, the Giant Catfish would need to be downgraded to Unknown, given it needed to absorb Meiling’s power to accomplish its only notable AP feat, and the only scaling it has is with its power amped by Meiling.

Note that if this is rejected, the mid tiers would still scale to low 7-B off of Raiko’s storm creation feat thanks to Spirit making environmental destruction a moot point.

There's one small problem here though. All moon rabbits except Reisen scale to 'at least 9-B, possibly 8-C' scaling above Cirno and to Reisen, so they'd become '8-B+, possibly low 7-C+'. Except, Reisen is currently rated as 'at least 8-C, likely far higher', so she'd get low 6-B/5-B scaling. From this, we either need to just flat out scale all moon rabbits directly to Reisen with no 'possibly' or downgrade Reisen.

TL;DR:
-Add a note to the Spirit manipulation page noting that it qualifies as a UES.
-Fairies go from 9-B to 8-B, humans and weak youkai go from 9-B to 8-B+
-Low tiers go from 8-C to Low 7-C+
-Mid tiers go from ‘at least 8-C, likely higher’ to ‘At least Low 6-B, likely 5-B’
-Giant Catfish gets downgraded to Unknown and loses Shapeshifting

Maybe "average human" in this case should not include Maribel and Renko since they lived in an era where main Touhou casts do not exist. Personally, I don't think Touhou human should be scaled above fairy tier.

For Meiling's stuff, it may be a little exaggerated since the term "earth" can refer to the planet or simply the ground. Do you have original text to prove that Meiling is shaking the planet Earth?

By the way, which tier Sumireko Usami is at since she has the potential of breaking fantasy world only if she is with balls.

Am pretty sure that Sumireko is around Universe+ or Low Multiversal (Low 2-C to 2-C), from being able to fight Mokou-and a damn well good fight at that. So she isn't affected by this CRT.

Edit: In base, mind you. And not with the Occult Balls or in the Dream World

Oh ye. What about Tanned Cirno? Where does she scale?
She'll scale to mid-tier stats due to having "at least building level" AP. She should keep her 'likely far higher' though, as she's still empowered by Okina.

Maybe "average human" in this case should not include Maribel and Renko since they lived in an era where main Touhou casts do not exist. Personally, I don't think Touhou human should be scaled above fairy tier.
Maribel and Renko are staying at 10-B with their current justifications. Best I can give them is Maribel having street level durability from surviving a chimera attack. I'm also not particularly a fan of fairy scaling, but it's hard to discount humans being superior to them, and it's also hard to put fairies at tier 10 with how many higher feats they have (Cirno's current feat and the new one I presented, the three fairies surviving lightning, and probably a bunch of other stuff we missed).

For Meiling's stuff, it may be a little exaggerated since the term "earth" can refer to the planet or simply the ground. Do you have original text to prove that Meiling is shaking the planet Earth?
The text uses 大地, which to my knowledge does in fact refer to the planet earth.

By the way, which tier Sumireko Usami is at since she has the potential of breaking fantasy world only if she is with balls.
Am pretty sure that Sumireko is around Universe+ or Low Multiversal (Low 2-C to 2-C), from being able to fight Mokou-and a damn well good fight at that. So she isn't affected by this CRT.

Edit: In base, mind you. And not with the Occult Balls or in the Dream World
What Fanta said. Sumireko is a high tier scaling to Mokou, and she's unquantifiably stronger with the Occult Balls.

The text uses 大地, which to my knowledge does in fact refer to the planet earth.
Japanese Wikitionary has different interruption which is more close to "earth". wordhippo.com, Nihongo, Culture Tour, Romanjidesu also hold similar interruption in which 大地 is not Earth, but earth. Japanese Wikipedia also does not have any indication which suggests 大地 means the Earth. Editor of English Wikitionary could mistaken "Earth" and "earth". Therefore, considering shaking 大地 as shaking Earth is a misinterruption. Even though 大地 may possibly mean Earth (which is contradicted to sources I noted above), 地球 is clearly the far more accurate description of the Earth.

Last edited:
Japanese Wikitionary has different interruption which is more close to "earth". wordhippo.com, Nihongo, Culture Tour, Romanjidesu also hold similar interruption in which 大地 is not Earth, but earth. Japanese Wikipedia also does not have any indication which suggests 大地 means the Earth. Editor of English Wikitionary could mistaken "Earth" and "earth". Therefore, considering shaking 大地 as shaking Earth is a misinterruption. Even though 大地 may possibly mean Earth (which is contradicted to sources I noted above), 地球 is clearly the far more accurate description of the Earth.
It simply being earth and not Earth doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering his following line about "disintegrating the lands on the surface"; That to me suggests far more than just a single localized earthquake.

I'm a bit curious, but why doesn't Reisen scale to the other incident resolvers (Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Youmu, and Sanae)? Is it because she doesn't have a canon fight with Mokou unlike the others or smth?

It simply being earth and not Earth doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering his following line about "disintegrating the lands on the surface"; That to me suggests far more than just a single localized earthquake.
"disintegrating the lands on the surface" can also refer to the limited range of the earth and translating 大地 to earth is something too uncommon and inaccurate judged by these dictionaries.

In the gym so I can't give much input, but I don't think Reimu's amulets are a good example, it's been shown plenty of times that she rarely actually throws them and instead just conjures them and makes them do all the other stuff. You could use her kamen rider rip-off spirit-enhanced kicks, though, that'd be a better example.

I'm a bit curious, but why doesn't Reisen scale to the other incident resolvers (Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Youmu, and Sanae)? Is it because she doesn't have a canon fight with Mokou unlike the others or smth?
She's never fought high tiers in a way that would suggest she scales to them. I think AoCF might have some valid scaling via her dream self, but I'd have to check and see if the context of that route makes scaling viable at all; While dream selves are generally more aggressive than their real selves, Doremy was there to kinda keep dream Reisen in check from what I remember.

In the gym so I can't give much input, but I don't think Reimu's amulets are a good example, it's been shown plenty of times that she rarely actually throws them and instead just conjures them and makes them do all the other stuff. You could use her kamen rider rip-off spirit-enhanced kicks, though, that'd be a better example.
No, she does physically throw them occasionally. I could probably find more examples from the manga but I just woke up so :v

"disintegrating the lands on the surface" can also refer to the limited range of the earth and translating 大地 to earth is something too uncommon and inaccurate judged by these dictionaries.
I'm not sure how making an earthquake with limited range would at all translate to "disintegrating the lands in the surface". Still, would you accept Raiko's low 7-B storm creation as an alternative? Probably warrants an "at least" as well, since she created it just by entering Gensokyo iirc.

I could probably find more examples from the manga
of course the only good examples are in the material i dont touch ****

Alright, gonna give my own miniscule input here. I'm fine with the feats (obviously), though I'm not really sure what to do about Reisen's scaling. I'll go with whatever the majority votes on when it comes to her scaling.

That Nitori calc is obviously wank and anyone who went out of their way to find said feat to have it calc'd is a big dummy.

Joking and self-deprecation aside, I agree with pretty much everything presented here. As for Reisen, we should definitely double-check for any scaling or statements that might make her comparable to other high tiers.

For the other moon rabbits, would "At least [Cirno's Tier], possibly [Reisen's Tier]" be acceptable?

Of course, if Reisen ends up scaling to high tiers, I think that the moon rabbits would either scale to Nitori at most or simply say "likely far higher" on their profiles.

Joking and self-deprecation aside, I agree with pretty much everything presented here. As for Reisen, we should definitely double-check for any scaling or statements that might make her comparable to other high tiers.

For the other moon rabbits, would "At least [Cirno's Tier], possibly [Reisen's Tier]" be acceptable?

Of course, if Reisen ends up scaling to high tiers, I think that the moon rabbits would either scale to Nitori at most or simply say "likely far higher" on their profiles.
I can check her AoCF route after work tonight. I think upscaling from Cirno is reasonable, given we know that moon rabbits are superior to fairies. I'll wait and see how valid Reisen's potential high-tier scaling is before determining how we should go about scaling the other moon rabbits to her, but worst case we just scale them to Nitori.

She's never fought high tiers in a way that would suggest she scales to them. I think AoCF might have some valid scaling via her dream self, but I'd have to check and see if the context of that route makes scaling viable at all; While dream selves are generally more aggressive than their real selves, Doremy was there to kinda keep dream Reisen in check from what I remember.

No, she does physically throw them occasionally. I could probably find more examples from the manga but I just woke up so :v

I'm not sure how making an earthquake with limited range would at all translate to "disintegrating the lands in the surface". Still, would you accept Raiko's low 7-B storm creation as an alternative? Probably warrants an "at least" as well, since she created it just by entering Gensokyo iirc.
I feel the alternative (Raiko's storm) is fine.

Okay im a little interested in this so

Spirit stuff: Idk or care

Nitori: Should be fine if the math checks out. Not sure whod even scale to raiko though besides like, 3 others.

Cirno stuff:
The feat is fine but theres some missing context https://chapmanganelo.com/manga-do118008/chapter-3
Before cirno does the feat, behind the fairies on the right is a small hill, and after cirno busts her load the hill is clearly way bigger and covered in snow. So the total volume of the hill should be taken away from the volume of snow. Ill comment this on the calc... okay its not letting me for some dumb reason. Idk if anybody can post this on there for me
And isnt cirno a bit stronger than the average fairy?

Meiling stuff: Theres a lot wrong here.
The catfish feat refers to surface wiping so its only multi continent level (it should outright be that realistically). The scaling is fine since characters are generally equal to their dream world selves and catfish creates the explosion he said hed perform which implies he did the feat while in the dream while meiling was fighting him.
Building+ levels shouldnt scale unless they have a reason to directly scale to meiling. The only reason some characters were building+ is because they were undoubtedly superior to kappa and nitori was a small scratch away from being building+.

In other words i think meiling and fish only should be multi continent level. Fish still fought meiling for a while, though it would still at least be with power absorption

Last edited:
Cirno stuff:
The feat is fine but theres some missing context https://chapmanganelo.com/manga-do118008/chapter-3
Before cirno does the feat, behind the fairies on the right is a small hill, and after cirno busts her load the hill is clearly way bigger and covered in snow. So the total volume of the hill should be taken away from the volume of snow. Ill comment this on the calc... okay its not letting me for some dumb reason. Idk if anybody can post this on there for me
And isnt cirno a bit stronger than the average fairy?
So I have a bit of a problem with the assumption that the hill we see earlier on is the same one as the giant ice hill Cirno makes. Namely, you can see in this panel that they're just a couple feet away from the hill, but in the wide shot they're several meters away from it. Not only would them getting farther away not make sense, but given Cirno would've presumably increased the size of the hill many times, so the fairies being as close as they were would've been either frozen solid or forced outwards, neither of which happened.

Another issue is their positioning. In the panel where the hill is visible, you can see that Clownpiece has her back turned towards it. But in the wide shot, instead of her back being turned towards the ice hill, like it would reasonably be in your interpretation, it's turned towards the viewer, meaning the hill we formerly saw would more likely be in the foreground rather than off to the side like Cirno's ice hill.

As for Cirno's scaling, as I recall, the current scaling already takes that into account (the three fairies of light are just "likely" scaling to Cirno, for example) so I don't think much needs to change on that front.

Meiling stuff: Theres a lot wrong here.
The catfish feat refers to surface wiping so its only multi continent level (it should outright be that realistically). The scaling is fine since characters are generally equal to their dream world selves and catfish creates the explosion he said hed perform which implies he did the feat while in the dream while meiling was fighting him.
Building+ levels shouldnt scale unless they have a reason to directly scale to meiling. The only reason some characters were building+ is because they were undoubtedly superior to kappa and nitori was a small scratch away from being building+.

In other words i think meiling and fish only should be multi continent level. Fish still fought meiling for a while, though it would still at least be with power absorption
Looking back at the text, yeah, it would be closer to surface wiping than planet vaporization. That being said, surface wiping calcs generally assume ground-based explosions and not vaporization, so it could be much higher than high 6-A regardless. This still wouldn't remove the planet shaking end, though.

In regards to scaling, yeah I agree it isn't the best. I can look into who would scale directly to Meiling, but as our current scaling shows, we don't have a whole lot to go off of, so I just went by how they're currently split. If you have better alternatives, I'd like to hear them since like I said, I don't particularly like how the scaling is now. Maybe one day I'll get around to nuking spell card rules scaling entirely.

So I have a bit of a problem with the assumption that the hill we see earlier on is the same one as the giant ice hill Cirno makes. Namely, you can see in this panel that they're just a couple feet away from the hill, but in the wide shot they're several meters away from it. Not only would them getting farther away not make sense, but given Cirno would've presumably increased the size of the hill many times, so the fairies being as close as they were would've been either frozen solid or forced outwards, neither of which happened.
I have no idea why them being farther away from the hill is that far fetched considering they probably moved around to collect shaved ice. Cirno increasing its size would just be her covering it in massive layers of ice which would explain why it has that shape to begin with. For the fairies getting frozen, even cirno creating a massive hill like that in a seemingly much smaller area could bury them in ice potentially and its easy to move further away from that hill in the short time that passed
Another issue is their positioning. In the panel where the hill is visible, you can see that Clownpiece has her back turned towards it. But in the wide shot, instead of her back being turned towards the ice hill, like it would reasonably be in your interpretation, it's turned towards the viewer, meaning the hill we formerly saw would more likely be in the foreground rather than off to the side like Cirno's ice hill.
For positioning. What youre pointing out looks like more just an issue in the drawing. There is legit a giant hill to clownpieces right (not really behind since theres nothing behind her in another shot and its just not there or invisible in the next shot. That giant hill in the final shot is actually positioned where the original hill was, to the left of them, facing the shore from the lake. Given the size of the shore they were on and where the hill was, that ice hill would already have to pretty much submerge that normal hill.
As for Cirno's scaling, as I recall, the current scaling already takes that into account (the three fairies of light are just "likely" scaling to Cirno, for example) so I don't think much needs to change on that front.
Yeah, i dont agree with someone like rinnosuke or pedestrians upscaling from cirno who has virtually no fighting experience, but i do agree with weaker youkai.

Im not really sure why the planet shaking end is necessary tbh.

I agree with most of this besides the Meiling part. It seems more like a Multi-Continental feat rather than a Country or Planetary level one.

In regards to outright vaporizing the surface, I don't actually know. There should be someone who can spare the time to calculate something like that.

I have no idea why them being farther away from the hill is that far fetched considering they probably moved around to collect shaved ice. Cirno increasing its size would just be her covering it in massive layers of ice which would explain why it has that shape to begin with. For the fairies getting frozen, even cirno creating a massive hill like that in a seemingly much smaller area could bury them in ice potentially and its easy to move further away from that hill in the short time that passed
Except them being further away from the hill only occurred after Cirno froze everything. My point is that they did not move in the scene where Cirno actually creates the hill, so if they were standing next to the original hill like you claim, one of two things would happen:

1. They're forced to move by the sudden expansion of the hill.

2. They're frozen solid due to being caught in the AOE of the hill being frozen.

Neither of these happened, and assuming Cirno did in fact freeze the hill, at least one of them had to have happened. As for your last point, we again have no indication that they moved. In fact, Clownpiece seemed actively surprised by Cirno's sudden freezing, so she wouldn't have been able to react and move out of the way anyways. I also don't think her creating the ice elsewhere would bury them like you suggest, because outside of the initial expansion, it wouldn't move at all.

To be clear I don't have an issue with Cirno adding layers of ice to the hill. That's fine as a concept. The issue is that the consequences of that potentially happening don't line up with what we actually see happen.

For positioning. What youre pointing out looks like more just an issue in the drawing. There is legit a giant hill to clownpieces right (not really behind since theres nothing behind her in another shot and its just not there or invisible in the next shot. That giant hill in the final shot is actually positioned where the original hill was, to the left of them, facing the shore from the lake. Given the size of the shore they were on and where the hill was, that ice hill would already have to pretty much submerge that normal hill.
To the left of them from a different perspective. The overhead shot that shows the original hill has Clownpiece to the right of the three fairies, closest to the hill. But as of the wide shot, Clownpiece is positioned behind the hill rather than next to it, and it's one of the three fairies on the rightmost side, not Clownpiece. They were also directly next to it, but in the final shot we see them positioned closer to the foreground relative to the ice hill instead.

Keep in mind that Clownpiece is already in the foreground relative to the ice hill, and the overhead shot suggests that, using the final page's perspective, the original hill would be even further into the foreground than Clonwpiece due to her having her back turned towards the hill originally and her back facing the viewer in the final shot, so there's no way the ice hill encompassed the original hill.

Yeah, i dont agree with someone like rinnosuke or pedestrians upscaling from cirno who has virtually no fighting experience, but i do agree with weaker youkai.

Im not really sure why the planet shaking end is necessary tbh.
We have them at Unknown for that reason I believe. Maybe "at least 10-B, at most 8-B+" would be a better alternative? Idk why they're unknown to begin with when we know they're regular humans.

I thought the planet shaking was more consistent overall, being stated a few more times in Meiling's Soku route as opposed to the disintegration. But if we agree that using the high 6-A/5-C end by itself is fine, then I can work with that.

Yeah, that looks good. We'd probably need to copy/paste it somewhere else since idk if we can use calcs from another verse lmao

Except them being further away from the hill only occurred after Cirno froze everything. My point is that they did not move in the scene where Cirno actually creates the hill, so if they were standing next to the original hill like you claim, one of two things would happen:

1. They're forced to move by the sudden expansion of the hill.

2. They're frozen solid due to being caught in the AOE of the hill being frozen.

Neither of these happened, and assuming Cirno did in fact freeze the hill, at least one of them had to have happened. As for your last point, we again have no indication that they moved. In fact, Clownpiece seemed actively surprised by Cirno's sudden freezing, so she wouldn't have been able to react and move out of the way anyways. I also don't think her creating the ice elsewhere would bury them like you suggest, because outside of the initial expansion, it wouldn't move at all.

To be clear I don't have an issue with Cirno adding layers of ice to the hill. That's fine as a concept. The issue is that the consequences of that potentially happening don't line up with what we actually see happen
Between when we see the hill and when clownpiece talks and when cirno freezes everything the fairies are having a whole convo and huddling up about how to motivate cirno. The ice hills diameter was 4 meters and the normal hill was, idunno 1 meter? Clown was around a meter away. Thats easily enough time for clown to have taken like 3 or 4 steps forward and been away from the hill.
To the left of them from a different perspective. The overhead shot that shows the original hill has Clownpiece to the right of the three fairies, closest to the hill. But as of the wide shot, Clownpiece is positioned behind the hill rather than next to it, and it's one of the three fairies on the rightmost side, not Clownpiece. They were also directly next to it, but in the final shot we see them positioned closer to the foreground relative to the ice hill instead.

Keep in mind that Clownpiece is already in the foreground relative to the ice hill, and the overhead shot suggests that, using the final page's perspective, the original hill would be even further into the foreground than Clonwpiece due to her having her back turned towards the hill originally and her back facing the viewer in the final shot, so there's no way the ice hill encompassed the original hill.
Thats, a terrible way to look at the perspective. Between when clownpiece was standing in front of the original hill and the final shots they were jumping around multiple times and getting shaved ice from the hill. Theres no reason to assume clownpiece was in the same position she was in when she stood in front of the hill at first.

On top of this the final shot shows the fairies completely changed their sitting position even discounting cirno sitting in the circle. Sunny is sat to the right of luna, when star previously sat there. Star has also moved to clowns right hand side when they were previously opposite. Theyve blatantly changed positions.

Im not sure if i explained well so, in the overhead shot, the coast where the fairies are at is surrounded by bushes with the hill being at the right side of the cost and if "the camera" is facing them from the water, then itd be on the left. In the final shot, the camera is clearly facing the coast from the water since the overhead shot depicts no bushes from the other side of the lake thatd be that close to them on top of the coastline being visible, and the ice hill is exactly where the normal one would be when facing the lake.

Between when we see the hill and when clownpiece talks and when cirno freezes everything the fairies are having a whole convo and huddling up about how to motivate cirno. The ice hills diameter was 4 meters and the normal hill was, idunno 1 meter? Clown was around a meter away. Thats easily enough time for clown to have taken like 3 or 4 steps forward and been away from the hill.
Not so. When Cirno was motivated by the three fairies, she immediately began freezing her surroundings, and only after she's done do we see Clownpiece react to it. She didn't move out of the way from the freezing because there wasn't anything to move away from at that point. So yes, her not getting buried or frozen by the ice hill still disproves that the overhead shot hill and the ice hill are the same.

Im not sure if i explained well so, in the overhead shot, the coast where the fairies are at is surrounded by bushes with the hill being at the right side of the cost and if "the camera" is facing them from the water, then itd be on the left. In the final shot, the camera is clearly facing the coast from the water since the overhead shot depicts no bushes from the other side of the lake thatd be that close to them on top of the coastline being visible, and the ice hill is exactly where the normal one would be when facing the lake.
That's a great point, actually, and I was just about to bring it up because it's hard proof that the ice hill and normal hill cannot be the same. See this shot. The original hill is extremely close to the water, so much so that any growth of the hill would put it in contact with the water. Then in the wide shot, we see the fairies closer to the shore than the ice hill. So the fairies aren't on the water, and the ice hill is even further away from the coastline than them. If this WERE the same as the original hill, it would overlap with the water after being frozen over, but that clearly isn't the case as it's too far away. You can even see a line of bushes in the foreground relative to the ice hill, proving it is entirely on solid land.

At this point even I'm struggling to keep up with all the CRTs

The Cirno stuff seems fine. But I don't really know about the average humans scaling since a lot of them don't seem to have combat on their belt...but since this is something that was stated in Canon, I can't really go against it...

Nitori is fine.

Meiling, as others said, wouldn't be Planetary with the breakdown of the feat. But I'm not entirely sure where it would be, exactly.

It took me way too long to realize which Reisen was being talked about. I was going to ask why she wouldn't scale to the other incident resolvers, but that was already answered. Although I'm in the personal belief she's a bit above the average moon rabbit so I'm a bit hesitant on them flat out scaling to her.

Still, minus the Meiling stuff, I'm pretty much fine with everything.

We'll discuss what to do with the scaling once we decide on how valid the feats are. Nitori's seems uncontroversial, Cirno's is undergoing a debate about camera angles, and Meiling's feat is kinda all over the place and needs a valid calc for surface vaporization.

Nice job, pretty much agree with everything here.
Huh, didn’t seem to notice it when I did the calc. Though, considering how small the hill is, the City Block rating will most likely stay, albeit lower.

Huh, didn’t seem to notice it when I did the calc. Though, considering how small the hill is, the City Block rating will most likely stay, albeit lower.
Is that so? Got any guesses of the lowered numbers or do you have to do a recalc for it to give an answer?

I think we can wait for psychomaster to update the calc.

Idk if boros 5-C calc was rejected for any specific reason involving the calc itself. Im fine with either high 6-A (normally the safest bet with these) or 5-C or both though if the maths gud.

Also nitori would need to be 1.2087265903259675702 times more powerful to be town level.
I dont know if being stronger than that is enough to qualify for upscaling with anybody that is simply stronger than her, and if the building+ levels would be town level as a result.

I think we can wait for psychomaster to update the calc.

Idk if boros 5-C calc was rejected for any specific reason involving the calc itself. Im fine with either high 6-A (normally the safest bet with these) or 5-C or both though if the maths gud.

Also nitori would need to be 1.2087265903259675702 times more powerful to be town level.
I dont know if being stronger than that is enough to qualify for upscaling with anybody that is simply stronger than her, and if the building+ levels would be town level as a result.
I think the Boros calc was fine itself, but it was actually a mistranslation that caused it to not be used for OPM. So should be perfectly usable. Me thinks.

And... Yes, anybody who is explicitly stronger than Nitori might be able to upscale themselves to baseline Town Level; that's the way it goes for upscaling from my understanding.

Should we at least wait for the discussion on whether or not the two hills are the same before doing a new calc? There's some stuff against them being the same, like how the original hill is very close to the shoreline of the lake but the ice hill is much further away from the shore.

I think the Boros calc was fine itself, but it was actually a mistranslation that caused it to not be used for OPM. So should be perfectly usable. Me thinks.

And... Yes, anybody who is explicitly stronger than Nitori might be able to upscale themselves to baseline Town Level; that's the way it goes for upscaling from my understanding.
What Fanta said in regards to the Boros calc. I'm also fine with characters not scaling to Meiling's tier but still being stronger than Nitori being town level, since I think the upscaling multiplier is 1.3x.

Well i think @Psychomaster35 or another calc member could give the best imput on what we can use for the calcs. Once thats dun and the cirno calcs been updated we should be good.

So here’s the recalc to account for the hill taking up the volume

Clownpiece: 29 px/1.384 meters

Hill height: 79 px/3.77020689655 meters

Hill radius: 24 px/1.14537931034 meters

Volume (Half-Ellipsoid): [(4/3)*pi*1.14537931034*1.14537931034*3.77020689655]/2 is 10.3591104839 m^3

I have calculated the volume of the ice to be 412.578036728 m^3

10.3591104839/412.578036728 is 0.02510824513, or 2.510824513% hollowness

Hence, 1-0.02510824513 is 0.97489175487, or 97.489175487% of that volume being the ice

49.836513790392*0.97489175487 is 48.5852063857 tons, which is literally just 1 ton less, so it wasn’t much of a difference after all.

Oh lol

In that case I'm pretty sure nothing about the 8-B+ scaling changes, so that's good to know. I suppose all that's left to do now is finalize what we're doing with Meiling's feat and discuss who scales to which feats?

So here’s the recalc to account for the hill taking up the volume

Clownpiece: 29 px/1.384 meters

Hill height: 79 px/3.77020689655 meters

Hill radius: 24 px/1.14537931034 meters

Volume (Half-Ellipsoid): [(4/3)*pi*1.14537931034*1.14537931034*3.77020689655]/2 is 10.3591104839 m^3

I have calculated the volume of the ice to be 412.578036728 m^3

10.3591104839/412.578036728 is 0.02510824513, or 2.510824513% hollowness

Hence, 1-0.02510824513 is 0.97489175487, or 97.489175487% of that volume being the ice

49.836513790392*0.97489175487 is 48.5852063857 tons, which is literally just 1 ton less, so it wasn’t much of a difference after all.
Huh. Well you can update the calc if you want a slightly more accurate result but yeah that shouldnt change the scaling at all like mokou said. So weak non fairy youkai or fairies stronger than cirno can prolly be 8-B+

Are we all okay with using at least 5-C for Meiling? I say 'at least' for it being only a portion of her energy being used to accomplish the feat. If so, I can go through the low tiers and decide where they'd scale roughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back