• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Note: This is about Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave), NOT the Post-Genesis Wave version.

Currently, Sonic's base form and everyone who scales to him is rated as 4-A. This is because he countered a black hole generator capable of destroying "Earth and her entire star system".

There are a couple of problems with this. The first is that Earth is not part of a star system. A star system is a small number of stars that orbit each other. It is very rare this term is used for what it is actually supposed to mean in fiction, and is instead simply used as a different way of saying "solar system". This makes far more sense in context, as Earth is (obviously) part of a Solar System. This would make the feat 4-B.

However, let's assume we give the feat the benefit of the doubt, and that the writers did indeed mean an actual star system. We'll use Alpha Centauri as an example, as it is one of the most well known, as well as being a trinary star system, which is among the most common. The orbit between Alpha Centauri A and Alpha Centauri B can reach a distance as far as 36 AU. Proxima Centauri is much farther out, orbiting the other two at about 15,000 AU. For those unfamiliar with the conversion, that combined distance is equivalent to around 0.2 light-years. This isn't even remotely close to the almost 4.4 light-years between us and Alpha Centauri, which is what we use for Multi-Solar System level's baseline.

Unless there is a calc or something else not listed on the profile, everyone currently scaled to this feat should be 4-B, not 4-A.

Plus iirc in the comic he didn't actually stop a black hole he just stopped the gears before the black hole could form

When I first read the feat the other day, I read "star system" as "solar system," and then I learned that a star system has multiple stars. A minimum of 4-B should be justified unless the Earth in the Archie-verse really is part of a star system. There is the case of why they wrote Star System instead of Solar System. Maybe the black hole would expand to more stars?

Also more importantly I'm not entirely sure the feat can be used anymore the black hole would have sucked a star system but Sonic never stopped the blackhole he stopped the gears and made the machine implode before the black hole could form

^

In regards to the gear thing, the gear exerts a force that would create a black hole. Sonic would have to counter the gear with an equal amount of force. I think the feat still stands.

I think rating them down to 4-B based off this is reasonable.

That sounds a bit iffy imo plus iirc it was forming though a rift in space time and not physical force to form it

o Im confused whats the problem with it if they ddi in fact mean an actual star system?

Did they mention in comic those two stars?

I found the details on the weapon.

The Quantum Dial is a powerful weapon used by the Xorda to destroy planets and solar systems. Essentially the dial has internal gears which move the dials arm open. Once the arm completes its rotational cycle, a black hole is generated which envelopes the planet it is used on as well as its entire solar system.

Once the dial's arm begins to open, it cannot be shut down. The Quantum Dial has its own defence systems, including an energy barrier which disarms and breaks down technological instruments that get within 50 feet of its perimeter, laser cannons, and a quantum wave, which can incinerate anything within a 100-mile radius of the dial. (StH: #125)

The Xorda used a Quantum Dial during their attack on Mobius after their ship was repelled by Giga-Bot Prime. Firing it into the Southern Tundra, the Xorda fled the solar system in their ship as the Quantum Dial's gears activated. The dial's energy barrier succeeded in disarming Station Square's nuclear missiles as they got within 50 feet, and broke apart Giga-Bot Prime. Its defensive cannons held the combined armies of Mobius at bay, though Sonic the Hedgehog and Sally Acor managed to get inside the perimeter after Giga-Bot Prime broke down. As the Quantum Dial prepared to fire its quantum wave, all of its defensive weapons were disabled by Knuckles the Echidna when he returned from the afterlife.

The Quantum Dial subsequently imploded when Sonic used his super speed to reverse the direction of its internal gears. However, the implosion of the Quantum Dial also resulted in an anomaly which sent Sonic 849,000 light years away to the planet Thoraxia. (StH: #125)

Also one of the Xorda members mentions it only forms a black hole when the rotational cycle is complete so I don't think the force of a black hole would be involved until the cycle is done

AquaWaifu said:
o Im confused whats the problem with it if they ddi in fact mean an actual star system?
Star systems aren't 4-A in size.

Extremely large ones could possibly be, but I don't believe a system with more than 7 stars has ever been discovered, as they usually can't sustain themselves and break into smaller systems, so we wouldn't know.

Azzy do you think what I said above about the black hole not formed when Sonic stoped it makes sense?

But guys as I've been saying Sonic didn't stop the black hole itself he reversed the gears on the machine and made it implode before the black hole could form in the first place

Yeah but what I mean is it didn't finish it's rotation yet and thus the black hole wasn't completely formed and thus Sonic didn't counter that star system absorbing energy

I am also fine with 4-B.

Do other Sonic characters also need to be rescaled from this?

Also 4-B is meant for characters capable of destryoing a solar system in a single omnidirectional blast, rather then destroying the objects of the solar system one by one. Which is how a black hole would destroy the Solar System.

So perhaps sonic should be 4-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back