• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bastard!! Dispel Bounds Changes

In looking at some of our Bastard!! profiles here on the wiki, I think there are some ways we can improve the profiles' Powers and Abilities sections.

First of all, I believe that we should clearly list all the abilities that Dispel Bounds are capable of negating. According to this, the forcefields should negate or provide resistance to the following abilities:

Because these abilities also disable the abilities, they would also give Dispel Bound users Power Nullification although this is already listed on some profiles.

Immortality, Sound Manipulation (Sonic Waves are mentioned?), Regenerationn, Reality Warping, Mind Manipulation, Paralysis (Possibly Status Effect Inducement here?), Energy Manipulation, Poison Manipulation (Antidote is mentioned), and Magic

The Regenerationn Negation aspect can be further elaborated with Konron's Void Barrier that he uses to explicitly deny Uriel's Regenerationn in multiple cases here.

Given that Konron's barrier that nullifies abilities can negate Regenerationn, I see no reason why Dispel Bounds would not be able to negate Regenerationn up to Low-Godly as well as Immortality.

This makes sense also because we know that after Uriel gained his Augoeides and had more astral mass, he was still able to regenerate which the wiki currently classifies as Mid-Godly. Some of the abilities are already listed by the Regenerationn Negation would be a new addition to the profiles of all Dispel Bound users.

If these abilities are accepted, I would like to ensure that they are specifically listed on the profiles in an easy to read manner so that they are more easily understood. At the current moment, they aren't listen in a standard manner and some abilities that are on some profiles aren't on others.

I am not so sure if it's reasonable to scale Dispel Bound to Void Howling because they work on different mechanisms. Void Howling takes a catalyst with a certain ether frequency/vibration and amplifies that to nullify similar energy . So Konron uses Amrael to nullify the power of any and all Angels. They also seem to be unable to use Dispel Bound to nullify eternal atoms Regenerationn....

Void Howling was referred to as a primitive practice created by humans. Why would a mechanic created by humans supercede a mechanic already used by only the strongest in the verse?

At what point did they not stop the Regenerationn? Uriel's Regenerationn with the Augoeides is the only time that the Regenerationn came back despite Eternal Atoms being destroyed. At no other point were Eternal Atoms legitimately damaged.

I mean, I could also ask why is that a mechanic created by humans on par with a mechanic already used by the strongest in the verse which would seem just as weird to you since you're saying they negate up to the same Regenerationn level. Yet we know it's true. Void Howling is based on a super-effective method that exploits some kind of fictional physics, while Dispel Bound works on a different level. Scaling only works if your logic is contingent on something shared by the two that determines potency (ex. DC is based on joules). Keep in mind that Howling is useless against non-catalysts while Dispel Bound doesn't have that limitation, so I disagree VH supercedes it (overall).

What I'm getting at is that Judas Priest wouldn't even be needed if dispel bound can be used.

But there are instances where it has prevented Regenerationn. I just re-read the fight between Darsh and Konron and after Darsh destroyed Konron's body, he wasn't able to regenerate.

We know that Dispel Bounds are more effective on those who are weaker than the user, and it's possible that it was never a factor in Uriel and DS' fight because they were constantly breaking each other's barriers until DS got an opening and used Judas Priest. That's the only time in the fight that Eternal Atoms took genuine damage. In other instances, DS and Uriel were just using physical attacks.

Schneider was just pummeling him so fast and hard that his Regenerationn couldn't keep up. It had nothing to do with Dispel Bound since one can attack the eternal atoms with just punches and kicks.

Okay, but back to the supercession point. It's likely the Void Howling cancelled out the Angels' Dispel Bounds, which is why Konron can mutilate Uriel and none of Konron's powers were negated. This is evidence that Howling superceding an Angel's Dispel bound, so it's possible that Howling is more effective at power nullification than Dispel Bound as long as the user is the same type as the medium.....

But if someone other than me says it scales then I will accept.

Back