• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball: KI Manipulation P&A Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with Social Influencing, as it is supposed to be changing someone’s mind through non-supernatural methods iirc. Fear and Paralysis Inducement should be used instead.
I mean, the supernatural part is the lad that senses their power and gets scared, not really their power itself

Man they can't even get close to their opponent if their ki is too weak, it's clearly a supernatural thing and not just "wow this guy is strong".
“It should be noted simply terrorizing the opponent either by authority, strength or demeanour only would qualify as Social Influencing, as Fear Manipulation would allow the user to inflict fear regardless of these factors.”

It’s Social Influencing. It’s just characters sensing a high power level and being on edge because they’re about to get beat up.

So your blood vessels and organs will take the same punishment of something hit then directly as opposed to going through the outside?

Detonating a bomb inside your stomach is the same as it blowing up outside it?
when someone punches your stomach, does your skin completely blocks the damage and you feel nothing on your inside? No, your insides are still affected by blows and whatever hits you, albeit less, but not to an great degree

when someone punches your stomach, does your skin completely blocks the damage and you feel nothing on your inside? No, your insides are still affected by blows and whatever hits you, albeit less, but not to an great degree
  • Attacking internal structures - An attack somehow bypasses the upper layers of the body and attacks the internal organs or an equivalent. This can be done in a wide variety of ways. It is considered a form of negation due to the fact that internal structures and specifically parts whose function isn't to support the structure and stability of the body are much easier to injure or otherwise damage.
Literally what Gogeta is doing

• Attacking internal structures - An attack somehow bypasses the upper layers of the body and attacks the internal organs or an equivalent. This can be done in a wide variety of ways. It is considered a form of negation due to the fact that internal structures and specifically parts whose function isn't to support the structure and stability of the body are much easier to injure or otherwise damage.
Literally what Gogeta is doing
hence why is said Limited instead of "it isn't"
Only limited dura neg tho, your insides are less rigid than your outsides, but they also have to take the recoil of when you move or attack, so having a strong body already gives you a "resistance" to attacking internal organs
As while it is easier to damage the inside, it isn't completely negating durability as your insides, while weaker, still somewhat scale to your outsides, else everyone would be hurting themselves by simply moving

As while it is easier to damage the inside, it isn't completely negating durability as your insides, while weaker, still somewhat scale to your outsides, else everyone would be hurting themselves by simply moving
"It isn't completely negating durablility"

But somehow the first example on the Durability Negation page.

Like do see a limited mention for attacking internal? On the page or even for a character that has it?

But it's not limited? It is full on the main example of dura neg. I don't understand why that's limited. Your insides are pretty weak in comparison to your outsides but you have muscle and bone protecting you. That's why it's so much easier to hit someone in the throat and affect them, it contains little muscle.

"It isn't completely negating durablility"

But somehow the first example on the Durability Negation page.

Like do see a limited mention for attacking internal? On the page or even for a character that has it?
I don't know what gogeta has to do with this ki page, but he's right.

Reaching internal organs is just Dura Neg, nothing limited.

This isn't even on the page.

Don't like whataboutism, but isn't Garou get full Dura Neg cause he generate shockwave that attack inside the body??
I mean, yeah but, Saitama had its resistance to it removed because he already being so far above garou at the time would make his organs also much stronger as they also take recoil from what he does

Regardless if something fills out the FULL requirements of a type of ability, they should get the ability unrestricted. If you wanna get it changed to a lower level of dura neg than a Staff Thread (it would be a sitewide revision) should be done to change the requirements of dura neg or prove the move doesn't meet the full ability.

Yeah after thinking about it more, should be full on dura neg (literally a semantics debate smh), imagine a knight with a magical armor with very high durability. Said character’s durability gets completely bypassed by this ki technique.

Looks pretty good, but I have one small issue;

4-B and higher:
I would change this a bit since being 4-B doesn't automatically mean you get these abilities, only being 4-B on the level of Super Buu / SS3 Gotenks or higher should do that, weaker 4-B dudes like Cell or Cell Games SS2 Gohan shouldn't be able to replicate this since they're much weaker than even SS1 Gotenks who needed to transform to create his dimensional rift. Maybe adding a bracket next to 4-B saying how far into 4-B they need to be could work (Dunno if adding the exact value we scale Super Buu / Gotenks to or just listing those 2 as the bare minimum for the ability)

I mean, yeah but, Saitama had its resistance to it removed because he already being so far above garou at the time would make his organs also much stronger as they also take recoil from what he does
Yeah I don't think DB characters would get resistance. Though they do have the advantage of being able to focus on certain parts of the body to make them even more durable.

Yeah I don't think DB characters would get resistance. Though they do have the advantage of being able to focus on certain parts of the body to make them even more durable.
I don't really care if Broly gets resistance just want Gogeta to get full Durability Negation.

But I will say the big difference is that Broly is weaker than Gogeta and still survived while Saitama was just plain stronger than Garou.

He's case is better than Saitama for resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back