• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best Siegfried vs True Siegfried (SC Siegfried vs Sigurd)

Paul Frank said:
So what does sigurd do to win now since he can't exactly put sieg down now
He can put him down. Just not in one go. I highly doubt SC is going to resurrect Siegfried over and over again if he keeps dying. But I feel that knowledge on Sigurd for the second go will make SC go, lolseal which would be the end and I believe grants Siegfried the win here. However, Sigurd still could win it doing the same things, but now he's fighting a Soul Calibur and Siegfried who know what to prepare for.

Siegfried wins 6/10 for me. Without the resurrection, Sigurd would most certainly take this like 8/10.

I mean in skill and intelligent wise, Sigurd overhelmed him in terms of skill and intelligent.

Waiting for the supporters for confirming that.

Skill is debatable seeing as Siegfried can match Nightmare and Inferno in skill. Remember that Soul Edge has been fighting for like thousands of years and mastering countless fighting styles and has been a part of countless wars, and Nightmare carries on that knowledge and skill. So being smarter or more skilled doesn't help as much as he can match Soul Edge in skill.

Does the resurrection need his soul or something because I'm pretty sure that while soul manip isn't combat applicable they can still use it if they killed their target

So then what you're saying is that the only way sigurd can win is by killing sieg twice before he instantly seals

That's not happening

Veloxt1r0kore said:
I mean in skill and intelligent wise, Sigurd overhelmed him in terms of skill and intelligent.

Waiting for the supporters for confirming that.
Odin desires warriors for his armies at Valhalla, favoring those of incredible skill and honorable philosophies, and he sought to recruit Sigurd above all others, hence Brynhildr's initial attachment to him, which would certainly imply a vast amount of superiority to anyone else alive at the time. This would have included Nasu Siegfried, whose swordsmanship surpassed the realm of humanity before even slaying Fafnir and reaching the height of his abilities.

Sigurd literally can't win this he had to kill sieg twice before being hit with an instantaneous seal

Sigurd has a viable win condition: Kill Siegfried twice. He's certainly capable of it, it's just not likely to happpen, as opposed to outright impossible.

Even if he uses either of those he can't kill him a second time fast enough to not be seated it's not possible

Just throwing out the fact that said seal is not instant. Fast acting, but not instant. Sigurd could in fact have time to escape getting hit and sealed beforehand. However, I see Siegfried sealing him off first more times than not. Not to mention this assume Sigurd doesn't get sealed before he can even kill Siegfried the first time. Soul Calibur is basically a wild card pre-first death.

The opponent gets hit with an attack and begins to get crystalized. Their mind and soul are then sent to Astral Chaos, while their body is basically stuck within crystal.

Considering sigurd should outskill I don't see him getting hit at all

Also how would that interact with a servant who don't really have a physical body

I've already went through the skill stuff. Assuming Sigurd is more skilled is not truly giving Siegfried any merit and underselling him seeing as Siegfried himself is a highly skilled warrior who has fought and matched Nightmare in skill multiple times. Nightmare who has thousands of years of experience of mastering fighting styles and fighting wars. Skill is very subjective here especially when both are extremely skilled.

I mean, this guy can still effect non-corporeal beings and as such nothing would change.

Paul Frank said:
Considering sigurd should outskill I don't see him getting hit at all
Skill alone doesn't mean you won't get hit. Otherwise Sigurd wouldn't have died

Forcrfields and clairvoyance should also prevent him from being touched in addition to memory manip or death manip

Considering the way that sealing is done I'm also fairly sure magic resist should cover it

I thought the sealing was instant but since it's not i vote sigurd

How does Sigurd's Clairvoyance work? The only thing I can find on the wiki is that it increases their "critical star generation" for several turns, but that's gameplay mechanics.

Clairvoyance means he knows not to get touched which forcefields and higher skill helps with

How is that sealing not considered magic it crystallizes you and removes your soul and mind which is magical at least in the nasuverse

I'm 99% sure holy stuff is countered by magic resist in nasuverse but I don't remember

Holy stuff is classed under magecraft in Nasuverse as another school of magic like alchemy, kabbalah, runes etc.

For the clair, Sigurd gets it from his runes which I'm fairly certain is used to track/locate things rather than info analysis being inferred above.

There isn't a single holy ability in Nasuverse.

Only divinity

Clairvoyance let's him know he can't get touched, doesn't mean he won't

Back