• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Downgrade

Reding Goku's black profile I noticed this "At least Multi-Galaxy level+ (Effortlessly toyed with SSB Vegeta)" "At least Multi-Galactic+ (Easily knocked Vegeta on the floor and penetrated his chest)"

Both of these stats are being attributed to Goku Black's New Base form, either by mistake or by ignorance.

Black didn't toy with vegeta, much less penetrate his chest while in base. He needed SSJR to defeat him and this episode has the same form struggling against SSJB Goku (3-B without Kaioken) which pretty much confirms he isn't strong enough to be rated 3-A yet.

He'll be anyway from this fights.Also no point in mentioning KK since it probably won't be ever used again with SSB.Just ignore it,it will be easier

While he kicked Goku ass goku was still able to keep up in his SSB there wasn't that big of difference yeah he doesn't deserve the 3-A and he catch Vegeta off guard with his ki sword

Well, considering that he was still able to stand up to SSB Vegeta in base, and SSR should definitely enhance him more than 5 times, I think that the current ratings seem to make sense.

if you go by that logic Then SSB goku should be 3-A becasue he can go toe to toe and trade attacks with serious SSR Black , am i missing something ?

Well, we will probably have to revise Black's, Zamasu's, and Trunk's tiers after the story is done. However, for the moment it is probably best to keep them as is, given all of the contradictions inherent in the story.

There hasn't been anything suggesting Black was even trying also toying with his opponents is something he's been doing since he showed up so I agree with Ant especially since if he ends up fighting the Daishinkan or Beerus we'll just have to upgrade him again.

Goku was certainly not going toe to toe with Black,Goku couldn't land 1 attack the entire fight and the only time he got some sort of edge on Black was when he used IT and even then Black managed to easily counter.

Black being 3-A is also due to the fact that Goku and Vegeta have been 3-B after a bunch of training and a new transformation and since Black managed to beat all that with little ease it makes sense he would be one tier higher.

Well, normally, if a character was stronger than another 3-B character, it would not mean a tier higher, since the tier in question is so wide, but since Goku and Vegeta are explicitly close to the top of the tier, this time it does.

Downgrade, more like downplaying

Vegeta and Goku are both 3B and they both trained

Vegeta got toyed with and 1 shot, Goku couldn't even land a hit on him.

Not to mention, black even said, he's the perfected form of Goku.

To say he should be Downgraded is complete ignorance and downplaying

hmm, guess that's true.

To be honest SSJG is a really high into 3-B as to the point even a 6x or 3x increase in power is enough to make them 3-A since three consecutive clashes of this form against Beerus would've destroyed the universe. I'd argue that at this point SSJB is 3-A even without Kaioken because they've been through 4 years or so of training and such increase isn't really unconcievable, but that's for another time.

However I still disagree with the justification for his Base stats, because while he was laughing at Vegeta's attacks there was no indication of him holding a significant advantage against him besides one kick that took him by surprise, he also never penetrated Vegeta in Base, He used SSJR for that.

Well, even if he was weaker in base, the difference seemed to be small, as he was able to withstand several blows, when Vegeta was not holding back.

Back