• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Possible Shikai Multiplier

Was pretty much waiting for AKM's Bleach thread to be over to do this. So before another Bleach Cosmology thread happens, let's do this.

At the moment, the only confirmed multiplier we have are Bankai and Gentei Kaijo, both of which are accepted as a 5x multiplier. However, through comparison, I think we can pinpoint the multiplier for Shikai as well.

For one, we know that Base Ichigo is capable of fighting 20% Renji during their first confrontation. After Ichigo loses and then regains his Zanpakuto, he proceeds to train with Urahara in base in which case he would be stronger than he was in his fight with 20% Renji. After Ichigo unlocks Shikai, he would later fight Renji who confirms that he isn't being restricted by Gentei Rein and that he's 5x stronger (as we already accept on this wiki).

The scaling chain would go Base Renji 20% < Shikai Renji 20% < Base Ichigo < Restored Powered Base Ichigo < Base Renji 100% < Shikai Renji 100% < Shikai Ichigo. In this case, assuming Shikai as a 5x multiplier might actually be a reasonable multiplier, since Base Ichigo after restoring his power and training with Urahara should be stronger than the Base Ichigo who beat 20% Renji and in his Shikai beats 100% Renji who is 5x stronger due to not being limited by Gentei Rein.

So what do you guys think? I don't think there is any need for scans since we already have accepted multipliers, but if you do need scans, let me know. Other than that, I think 5x multiplier for Shikai Ichigo is a fair assumption. However, we would still need to discuss if this is something that would only apply to Ichigo or practically anyone who uses Shikai.

This is not a multiplier.

It just means that people scale above multipliers.

If it doesn't say "5x multiplier", then it doesn't matter

This is not a multiplier.

It just means that people scale above multipliers.

If it doesn't say "5x multiplier", then it doesn't matter
Fair enough. But why is Shikai Ichigo still Town level+ for fighting 100% Renji when he's already Town level+ in base, shouldn't we at least give Shikai Ichigo a rating for scaling to 100% Renji who is 5x stronger than 20% Renji who scales to 61.69 Kilotons. So wouldn't 100% Renji be 308.49 Kilotons, which is Large Town level.

Not only is Ichigo’s base form his Shikai, meaning he has nothing to “multiply” off of, but the only Shikai that scales to a multiplier is Kenpachi’s. I disagree heavily.

Edit: Also it’s more like, base Ichigo ~ 20% Shikai Renji < 100% Shikai Renji ~ Shikai Ichigo post Urahara training.

Not only is Ichigo’s base form his Shikai, meaning he has nothing to “multiply” off of, but the only Shikai that scales to a multiplier is Kenpachi’s. I disagree heavily.
Fair enough. As I've pointed above, we didn't use the Gentei Kaijo multiplier for Renji, due to which both 20% Renji and 100% Renji scale to Town level+. Would you agree with adding the multiplier for him? This would affect guys like Shikai Ichigo and a lot of Lieutenants.

I think we do use the Gentei Kaijo multiplier to differentiate Renji. I’d have to peep the values when I get home.

I think we do use the Gentei Kaijo multiplier to differentiate Renji. I’d have to peep the values when I get home.
Cuz Ichigo's Substitute Shinigami and SS arc key are Town level+, despite SS arc Ichigo fighting a 5x stronger Renji.

Cuz Ichigo's Substitute Shinigami and SS arc key are Town level+, despite SS arc Ichigo fighting a 5x stronger Renji.
Don't you mean that he previously fought a 5x weaker Renji? So his Substitute Shinigami self should be downgraded?

Back