• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Powernull Resistance

.Power Nullification Resistance for ichigo,gremmy and aizen

So the seki seki barrier around SS is made to nullify spirit energy

Chapter 84
So in short sekki breaks down,blocks and disintegrates anything with spirit energy. Essentially nullifying it. And in bleach everything is based on spiritual energy including abilities. The only way you can break though sekki is using a device. However we see severely characters break through these barriers with raw power alone. Gremmy with his meteor,aizen with hado 90 and his spirit energy, ichigo when coming down from the soul palace ect.

RDhitDGJxc7OQXsaqew537bdQdfAEbcYi0pGwmjEGeUy6nU_aYAzXf4yI0oNzUaITpLtx3scY-cEUTgsf4H4LLJRNlNjvOtBVLj4-0J2zQGkIxvQuKweHYo4qmyHeoSBVy6of_nY

Lille barro as well

Disagree with Gremmy because it was explicitly noted that the sekkiseki barrier couldn't handle something that big, so it's more of a limit on the barrier, neutral on the other two.

Since it's similar to this thread, I think Ichigo should have resistance to deconstruction as well, given that he flew right through the barrier and it's stated to break down spirit matter and disintegrate it.

Disagree with Gremmy because it was explicitly noted that the sekkiseki barrier couldn't handle something that big, so it's more of a limit on the barrier, neutral on the other two.

Since it's similar to this thread, I think Ichigo should have resistance to deconstruction as well, given that he flew right through the barrier and it's stated to break down spirit matter and disintegrate it.
The barrier isn't weak could stop a attack from soul king yhwach

It only slipped through the cracks made by the mimihagi

On that note the mimihagi should powernull resistance as well

The barrier isn't weak could stop a attack from soul king yhwach

It only slipped through the cracks made by the mimihagi

On that note the mimihagi should powernull resistance as well
Nothing I said has anything to do with the barriers strength, rather it's explicitly stated that the barrier couldn't destroy the meteor in time because it was too big.

5B_Tu8JWpyo-c_D9AgCR5LsuW3kkzrV3VhnuGikcx2fkjL1vpLzkAsQ3KpnIzoJNAJ6QicMrVgCDgeER6W_otYrTMENwcf_XimbSUWxeIsmhIrIAQ7ipC2PhUuNyKUC4bQ56qvvq
INgnHyhm8FnbL18l-8NpTW1vol9AmZNv9byfTX2-PalNKHgQjUrBUjJSt63dhDA0elZHvRalZBUPOoAYMEsnxc6WjgtVY_IA7_kyW_43V8j6yugnoTkdogf_FrMkx2RmzrtLqLqc

blocked an attack for yhwach

At first they thought the barrier would destroy it but came to a conclusion it was cuz of it's mass. But ehh i don't think random soul reaper really knows what happened as they seem unsure

Nothing I said has anything to do with the barriers strength, rather it's explicitly stated that the barrier couldn't destroy the meteor in time because it was too big.
That's fine but still 3 other characters broke it. And the mimihagi can be disregarded he didn't actually break it.

Ichigo was wearing special robes that specifically enabled him to smash through barriers with little resistance. Aizen's Kurohitsugi > Gremmy's meteor, so it's possible his Hado is outside the Shakonmaku's threshold of protection rather than power null resistance. Purgy explained what happened with Gremmy's meteor already.

I'm neutral, leaning towards disagreeing. Solely because high spiritual power for Shinigami-like beings can neg lower spiritual power, so it could be a DBZ case of just chadding through it. Which is the only argument I can see for supporting it, i.e. they're so much stronger than Shakonmaku's power null they resist it.

Ichigo was wearing special robes that specifically enabled him to smash through barriers with little resistance. Aizen's Kurohitsugi > Gremmy's meteor, so it's possible his Hado is outside the Shakonmaku's threshold of protection rather than power null resistance. Purgy explained what happened with Gremmy's meteor already.

I'm neutral, leaning towards disagreeing. Solely because high spiritual power for Shinigami-like beings can neg lower spiritual power, so it could be a DBZ case of just chadding through it. Which is the only argument I can see for supporting it, i.e. they're so much stronger than Shakonmaku's power null they resist it.

It let's him bypass the soul palace barriers not the shakonmaku. Which he hard time getting through unlike the soul king barriers which just opened for him.

And i already showed a example og the barrier blocking yhwachs attack so no it isn't weak by any means

It let's him bypass the soul palace barriers not the shakonmaku. Which he hard time getting through unlike the soul king barriers which just opened for him.

And i already showed a example og the barrier blocking yhwachs attack so no it isn't weak by any means
TBF we never actually see how Ichigo went through Reiokyu barriers, perhaps he smashed through each barrier with a skull explosion.

TBF we never actually see how Ichigo went through Reiokyu barriers, perhaps he smashed through each barrier with a skull explosion.
Nope here we are shown one of the barriers and it simply opened for ichigo

KjES6CCaT43-ZYjp0sM4ZmtXfrZKCdVwfYPahFyqtxqj6bN9Pi74y1lFXJ2f2xzRSlSU1nvRG7vIn29O2BKnlw-BRl-smZbD7J7nBWx6PLdRjneKQcwZxY3ZONmW79uaDPkAUKIF

Next panel he travels to the Shakonmaku barrier and theirs this huge explosion snd ichigo crashes into a building ⬇⬇⬇
at4nRTTezPwNeANEiZFuecPmNAyEQMPBeHq1w6NUHu_yr7seFe1v4as0APzRvp7P8RukjoSgqAOG-zNm699C7OlJGFjFTMgIa1plRxZugq510bKA6GwSz5aM3GXf7yjw8fHjnAsF

sfJ7PI5p1UaYpwCQ475ipuhHfQY--9fQLqTUDj7_yzu6xjq-064VkFOvbsLoX-DNjNrx_NPjgixmO6kK4v07n-oUg3FISUDC_TMZ3t8pnw6PSHrZ5HZPeDtEVMgVymXlT3L2-UiU

Ichibie tells ichigo how the oken protects him from any friction/resistance.
V7L7-0IOvd8fXztvNnaoKyrHqhmZucomGqa9jQTtlCJq-0M9jen5MuWr_DRxbRcugUzRF2EtK79tsUBz_79VNfhX-Ahkdtj0sQxfChjruqMuhBX4QK1WwUOWuHrYyASzt-aE_7-e

However when ichigo got to the Shakonmaku their was clear resistants. It caused a explosion and caused him to hit a building

Yhwach even notes how only the oken can get through them hes obviously not talking about the Shakonmaku as gremmy and others have broken through it without the oken

Since this is an addition, it could include the denial or nullification of type 4 immortality (reincarnation) for the Quincys and Ichibei. Souls killed by Quincys are unable to reincarnate, Ichibei is due to their ability.

the entire bleach series
What incidents specifically? Because the most explicit instance of higher spiritual power negating a technique (that I can remember) is Aizen negating Nigeki Kessatsu (he literally says that he negated the ability) but that entire thing could just have been him trolling as he'd already put everyone under complete hypnosis

Last edited:
What incidents specifically? Because the most explicit instance of higher spiritual power negating a technique (that I can remember) is Aizen negating Nigeki Kessatsu (he literally says that he negated the ability) but that entire thing could just have been him trolling as he'd already put everyone under complete hypnosis
There’s also Ichigo getting hurt trying to cut Kenpachi because his spirit energy wasn’t high enough

Definitely against this for Gremmy. More neutral towards Ichigo; maybe it can be mentioned under the part about his robes in his Equipment section.

Where is this?

And i already proved its no due to the oken robes as they only help him get through the through the barriers around the soul kings Palace seamlessly. However theirs was clear resistance when he tried to get through the seki seki barrier.

wouldn't it be resistance to manipulation of matter?

BuMp!!
giphy.webp

too sum it up:
Everyone seems fine with true shikai ichigo key onwards (should preferably be noted for his clothing)
Aizen seems neutral
Gremmy Disagree

Back