• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach- PTS Speed Downgrade

Light creates the gravity that bends the space. Is called science, study it.
for the final time
you literally said gravity doesnt exist
so by your logic, how can light make gravity?

im done responding to this.

make a crt if on gravity if you want

How the hell do you draw this from a sword scabbard?

56.png
you should know by now that the swords look like normal katanas until they activate their shikai

No he said he he translated as such but using light/light ray/beam is not wrong. The translation given by the site translator does not contradict the official translation (which he cross referenced) which means it can be used.
thats not how that works

also can i see IMade's translations

thats not how that works

also can i see IMade's translations
That is definitely how it works. The site translator himself comes out and says using light wouldn't be wrong since one of the words there could be interpreted as such after cross referencing it with the English translation. It does not contradict anything in the English translation. He himself says the English translation is right.

The metal sound is him drawing his sword not the impact
Can you show him drawing his sword? I see a pic where his sword is brought in front of the attack. The same panel contains the sound effect. The more logical interpretation would be that the sound effects accompany what's actually happening there on the same panel. That is, movement of sword, and impact of attack.

I'd still wait for a neutral party to provide the translation though.

That is definitely how it works. The site translator himself comes out and says using light wouldn't be wrong since one of the words there could be interpreted as such after cross referencing it with the English translation. It does not contradict anything in the English translation.
My issue is
it can translate as hero beam or something similar. Also as "ray" or beam, neither of which is light. Only 1 option is related to light: :light ray

hich is why i want to say IMade's version

im being told its the same.

why is it so difficult to share a basic already made translation for cross reference

Can you show him drawing his sword? I see a pic where his sword is brought in front of the attack. The same panel contains the sound effect. The more logical assumption would be that the sound effects match what's actually happening there. That is, movement of sword, and impact of attack.

we dont see him draw it. it cuts to him already having blocked it

Can you show him drawing his sword? I see a pic where his sword is brought in front of the attack. The same panel contains the sound effect. The more logical assumption would be that the sound effects match what's actually happening there. That is, movement of sword, and impact of attack.
Arc's argument is that because manga is read right to left, the metal sound came before the swoosh sound

but you read it from right to left if I'm not mistaken so this assumption is simply false

it agrees with his interpretation, yes

but it doesnt confirm if he was correct on the raw text, which is why I want a second opinion

it agrees with his interpretation, yes

but it doesnt confirm if he was correct on the raw text, which is why I want a second opinion
and I literally said it supports arc's on the translation of the raws above, also you can ask the site translator about the raws

i know i said that

but the site cant rip out raw text from a scan. It cant distinguish what the text is

we need a person who can read japanese sfx

Arc's take is appreciated. i want one for more confirmation

Or maybe both sounds happened together because it's obviously happening very fast and the sword was still in a bit of motion at the same time the attack was blocked. If both of them are happening almost simultaneously, the placement of the sound effects won't matter much in that case. And it doesn't make logical sense to explain a sound effect using an assumption that is not accompanied by the visual. Sfx are used to go with the visuals. The whole thing puts a big question mark on it.

As far as I can see, the one supporting thing about this "beam of light" is only that it got repelled by a metallic weapon. Which could be also due to the motion of the metallic sword, and the statement would hold true even if he used his bare hands to repel it. Doesn't necessarily mean reflection. But okay, I won't argue this point.

But I will ask if there are more reliable statements describing the attack as being lightspeed? I personally don't think there is enough evidence to consider it as real light if there isn't anything else going for it.

Last edited:
It meet 2 points on the requirement list and has none of the anti feats on the list. Other attacks have been accepted with 2 points alone. You read the original thread and this was a point that was made literally all the other calc dudes and admins involved agree with it.

It’s stated to be a light ray by said user of the ability and it reflected off a non magical surface.

The two things going for it are the potential translation for the attack to be called a beam of Light which is one possible interpretation of four

The other is stuff like Quincy arrows being called light but they don't behave like light at all

It not reflecting would be anti feat

Not concurrently convinced on the "let's ignore physics argument regarding that"

It’s is a valid point. You literally got the translation already. the attack is called star flash but it can also be a ray or ray of light. How is that not evidence? It literally behaves like a laser would.

The metallic sword has no motion. Renji simply drew his sword and stood there blocking the beam's path. This is pretty evident.

I already brought up the issue regarding that
That is one viable translation of four options, other three do not have anything directly to do with being stated to be light.

It's an attack name and mask calls out his attacks like a wrestler would.

But let's say we ignore that

May I ask why is it so difficult to provide the translation done by IMade

it being stated as light is evidence of it being light. The page on light feats would agree
"Most lasers in fiction are not real or provable as real. Often they are supernatural in nature and do not function anywhere close to how real light should. Therefore, lasers/light beams are only accepted as real if they meet, at a minimum, a few of these criteria:"

The "statement" is literally why we have that page. And it's explained that the statement needs to be supported by few other criteria. Being called "beam of light" =/= lightspeed. I already gave several examples of such rejected examples throughout other verses.

It "possibly" satisfies one condition. And it was not literally "reflected from" the metal surface. It was "deflected by" a metallic weapon. Both are different.

The sound effect is a big question mark. Light doesn't make that kind of sound upon hitting metal.

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera

I think that what AKM is saying makes sense. I am strongly in favor of not treating the attack as lightspeed by default.

Back