• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach- PTS Speed Downgrade

anyway
waiting to see if arc sent a reply back regarding the translation

other thing up for discussion is credible source i guess

as brought up above, the word light is associated with the attack name.

what was the reasoning to accept that as credible initially?

They did. That thread is not relevant here. If this is you implying that I have some bias against Bleach as a verse, you couldn't be more wrong. I don't even get involved in threads and only come to help because nobody does.

Never said he is lying. But an opinion of a hardcore supporter of the verse is inherently questioned as being biased. As you can see, he has his own "interpretation" of what that sound means despite another source describing it differently. We don't believe everything about translations the hardcore supporters of the verse say just because they can read japanese. A neutral party is always involved and happens for every verse.

People should focus more on actual arguments rather than derailing with irrelevant points.
I never understand how mods read that the “evidence” brought up in that thread was called “false” and “fake” in the verse via characters but still ignore it. Is almost like people didn’t read the defending side.

You mean him dodging light?

i recall that being calced at like sub rel, but being contested on the scene regarding him avoiding the light while the wall crumbled or after

regardless, irrelevant to this thread
True, but if you read my comment you can notice I'm more so meming it a bit

Going by the original thread, I have a few issues that I would like to be answered here before I give my opinion about this.

The attack is called a beam of light by the person. I don't see any other reliable sources saying that it is lightspeed? If there are, I think they should be provided. Because just being called a "beam of light" isn't proof on its own, as you can gather by many other such beams that are called light like piccolo's makankosappo, ginyu's change beam, freeza's death beam and so on. That's why our standards are there.

A supporting point was brought up that it got reflected off a metal surface. We see smoke rising from it and a character statement that says he deflected/repelled it. I mean, sure it got deflected, but nobody would have made this argument if he deflected/repelled it with his hands instead, or just swatted it away like a fly. Or if he had a different weapon in his hand instead of a metal. The statement "you deflected/repelled by attack" would still be valid in that case, and the feat would have been played out the same way. I don't think the reflection point is a strong point in favor of the feat. But even if we consider this as valid, it is still only one criteria, so I am not gonna argue this point in detail.

I believe the argument about the sfx is a valid concern, since the previous thread said that it did not explode, just burned. And while the "klang" sound was addressed, the sfx was not. I don't think real light would produce a sound, but let's wait for the translation to be 100% sure, since it is an important point.
i requested for that to be translated
Official Translations Requests Thread (New forum) | VS Battles Wiki Forum

"
Original:

英雄の光線で

悪党は
死ぬがよい!

Rough TL:

The beam of a hero

Will kill all villains!

I checked the manga again to crossreference the ENG version and this looks about correct. 光線/Kōsen could also mean light ray, ray, or beam so either word you use here is fine enough in my book."

Unless im mistaken, it can translate as light, but thats not objective

He said its more about Renji drawing his sword since there's the Ba for woosh before that. That's what he told anyways. So it's like the noise of Renji drawing his sword.

You have to apply irl to justify to light speed. otherwise, prove the speed of light in bleach is exactly as the same as ours. Give me a statement
Spiritual light can bend spiritual space. Prove it has spiritual photons.
4982512-m7_bleach_ch282_01.jpg

Yu1P6nU.jpeg

Specular reflection - Wikipedia

This is a perfect depiction of this type, except maybe the smoke
There's an audible sound when the reishi arrow collides with the sword blade, while the regular light reflects off the tip of the blade in a way natural light would off a reflective surface. Not to mention all the times that reishi arrows have been physically grabbed and thrown around by characters in the series.

If "reishi light" behaved like natural light, that wouldn't really be possible.

There's an audible sound when the reishi arrow collides with the sword blade, while the regular light reflects off the tip of the blade in a way natural light would off a reflective surface. Not to mention all the times that reishi arrows have been physically grabbed and thrown around by characters in the series.

Fair point on the sound.

Not sure about interaction with the light, could be NPI

Actually hold on

that scan has a new purpose

notice how the sword reflects natural light coming in through the door, in comparison to the arrow.

Thats a fair point agaisnt them being natural light based

Guy here wanting and explanation for characters grabbing intangible energy, and stuff in the verse. Can someone given him a quick 101 basics of the verse?

I still think what AKM has said is the most relevant thing so far. Simply being called a "beam of light" isn't really enough.

It hepling me by showing more and more differences between reishi light and actual light. more issues, less possibility of light speed
What difference?

Light bends space too.

Spiritual light bends spiritual space too.

Because that is where they are currently located.

Now I need evidence that real light can bend spiritual space or it isn’t real light. All LS will be downgraded.

Light doesnt bend space light that
in the scan you provided, the sky is literally bending and distorting
Light doesnt bend space light that
in the scan you provided, the sky is literally bending and distorting
Have you heard off...

A gravitational lens is a distribution of matter (such as a cluster of galaxies) between a distant light source and an observer, that is capable of bending the light from the source as the light travels towards the observer.

site translator did it as:
"The beam of a hero

Will kill all villains!

I checked the manga again to crossreference the ENG version and this looks about correct."

So I can't be arsed to upload screenshots so here is what Arc said for further context.
Chin= metal sounds appears on the right side of the panel
Ba= woosh appears on the left side
Since you read it from right to left the first sound appearing would be chin and then Ba.
Which makes sense because Renji would take his sword out first -> clank sound -> then swing it to position -> swoosh

Here's the japanese letters - バ チン

Have you heard off...

A gravitational lens is a distribution of matter (such as a cluster of galaxies) between a distant light source and an observer, that is capable of bending the light from the source as the light travels towards the observer.
...that’s not light bending space.

Quite literally almost exactly the opposite is occurring there: gravity bending light.

So I can't be arsed to upload screenshots so here is what Arc said for further context.
Chin= metal sounds appears on the right side of the panel
Ba= woosh appears on the left side
Since you read it from right to left the first sound appearing would be chin and then Ba.
Which makes sense because Renji would take his sword out first -> clank sound -> then swing it to position -> swoosh

Here's the japanese letters - バ チン
yeah, the site which cyber brought support arc translation

Back