• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach: Renji and Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
His beam is called beam of light... This means it consists of light. Thus meeting that requirement. Is this not how “of” is used?
Yes that is how it works.

Edit: Checked the light speed page, the accepted CRT you said as not been added, work on that first
The page needs not editing, you know by definition "of light" means comprised of light or in layman's terms, made of light. That is what the CRT established. The CRT is also concluded lol.

I don't understand how the statement is hyperbole when it's just merly explains the encounter between the two.
"I am the one who is blessed with omniscience , I am who stands above all, and my gun kills evil" I guess gun is merely hyperbole , and yes "gun kills evil" is literal because guns do kill people , evil or good.

Just noticed when I posted in the other Bleach thread that Kubo had Candice state exactly how many gigajoules one of her arrows contains. Just because Mask made a comment on hero’s and villain’s shouldn’t discredit Mask at all. If Candice knows how many joules are in her arrows then there’s no reason to assume Mask doesn’t know his beam of light is made of light.

Candice is a far more straight forward character so it makes more sense for her to state something like that. With Mask’s personality it’d be weird for him to say “ now the villain will die by the hero’s beam of light! Which is also made up of photons and is real light!” Kubo is literally playing to their personality’s

Can we conclude this
Not gonna lie man, I feel like the oppositions point on Mask has been debunked. We have a character who is serious and straightforward state exactly how many joules of electricity her arrows contain, and then we have a character who’s far more flair like, like a wrestler would be, (he’s literally modeled after a wrestler) add some flair to what he’s saying.

Stop with the false equivalencies. Is "headbutt of justice" not a hyperbole?
Hey, if he said “beam of justice” you’d have a case, but he said light

says headbutt of justice and proceeds to headbutt, says beam of light and proceeds to shoot a beam of light that meets the criteria. Almost like he actually knows what he’s talking about and again, likes to add some flavor to what he’s saying because of his personality

But the case here is Beam of Light 🤔
I’m just waiting for him to respond to what I said.
Saying “there seems to not be enough agreement to be accepted when the agree, disagree, and neutral are all pretty much tied seems very unprofessional of a staff member who is on the disagreed side to close this

But the case here is Beam of Light 🤔
And yet you brought up a gun example. Hence, false equivalency.

I’m just waiting for him to respond to what I said.
I have already responded to everything in my comments.
The standards are being misinterpreted or misunderstood. "Light beam" already needs to fulfill the fourth requirement. "Beam of light" thing should be stated in a matter of fact way so that we know it's reliable. The statement here looks very flowery. The other requirements don't matter on their own as they are fulfilled by any generic energy beam. There is nothing else to say. If you don't want to get this thread concluded, then sure, let's keep doing this same song and dance for 4 more pages.

And yet you brought up a gun example. Hence, false equivalency.

I have already responded to everything in my comments.
The standards are being misinterpreted or misunderstood. "Light beam" already needs to fulfill the fourth requirement. "Beam of light" thing should be stated in a matter of fact way so that we know it's reliable. The statement here looks very flowery. The other requirements don't matter on their own as they are fulfilled by any generic energy beam. There is nothing else to say. If you don't want to get this thread concluded, then sure, let's keep doing this same song and dance.
Soo you’re not gonna respond to what I said about Kubo having Candice state exactly how many joules her arrows contain given her personality and Mask’s more flair like way of saying his attack given his personality? Mask isn’t an idiot, he literally pierced his eardrums to cancel out Rose’s bankai. But it’s nice to know you’d rather dodge it than answer it

i suggest people read the full fight once Masks reveals his schrift, his enitre motif becomes the hero monologue stuff not just that instance and his pretty descriptive with his moves star kick(knee really) star headbutt etc

i suggest people read the full fight once Masks reveals his schrift, his enitre motif becomes the hero monologue stuff not just that instance and his pretty descriptive with his moves star kick(knee really) star headbutt etc
Well he’s modeled after a wrestler🤷‍♂️ It’s what they do. Doesn’t mean they don’t know saying a kick of justice means they’re gonna punch the opponent

Seriously AKA Sama, saying that “I’ve already responded to everything in my comments” when not once what I brought up you’ve talked about just shows you didn’t

I don’t mean this in a bad way, but the fact that you’re offering to close a thread you don’t agree with without 100% countering the opposition kinda shows you’re trying to use your status as a staff member and someone who’s been here a long time as a safety that other staff members will agree with you

Last edited:
if he was having a casual convo during a fight then said "The villain shall die... by the hero's beam of light" out of nowhere then id think it was a hyperbole but literally the entire fight he talks like a pro wrestler.

I mean, I understand 100% what AKM is trying to say, Mask usually is really flair, however, in that sentence, the only thing that looks like a flair is "Hero" and "Villain"

I mean, I understand 100% what AKM is trying to say, Mask usually is really flair, however, in that sentence, the only thing that looks like a flair is "Hero" and "Villain"
It doesn’t even matter if he’s flair. The fact that he was able to assess Rose’s bankai fast enough to destroy his eardrums to nullify the effects of it shows he’s not an idiot who says “the beam of light of justices fire doesn’t mean I fired a beam of ligh!”. Given his persona of a wrestler who likes to call out his attacks and is able to react like the Rose situation like he did shows

but who knows? AKM Sama still hasn't responded to a single thing I said

I take back what I said about you not responding. You did. But anything you tried to counter against has failed. Against you

It doesn’t even matter if he’s flair. The fact that he was able to assess Rose’s bankai fast enough to destroy his eardrums to nullify the effects of it shows he’s not an idiot who says “the beam of light of justices fire doesn’t mean I fired a beam of ligh!”. Given his persona of a wrestler who likes to call out his attacks and is able to react like the Rose situation like he did shows
Yeah thats a good point

He’s gonna come up with something else trust me
Uh, we dont need to talk about these things, AKM is a very good person and he is just trying to do his best here to make accurate ratings, its understandable if he see problems with Mask statement, same applies to Damage, we dont really need to be toxic with them, they are just doing their jobs

No need for him to do so, I will. Mask didn't come up with anything against Rose's Bankai besides the solution to pop his ear drums after Rose explained it. Any of us could come up with that like how we all realised being blind would let us not be affected by KS.

Uh, we dont need to talk about these things, AKM is a very good person and he is just trying to do his best here to make accurate ratings, its understandable if he see problems with Mask statement, same applies to Damage, we dont really need to be toxic with them, they are just doing their jobs
You're right but this is the first time I'm disagreeing with him. I thought he would even have accepted it since to be honest.

the opposition is only using one argument really and that's the fact he adds flair to his statements. adding flavor to them does not disregard them, his headbutt of justice is an actual headbutt, star kick is a kick. and his hero's beam of light is an actual beam of light, that light mind I say also fits the criteria.

whether you believe his beam of light statement is hyperbole or not is subjective, but it perfectly fits the criteria. mask isn't really a boasting dumbass either, he adds descriptions to his attacks as he's a wrestler, but in the end he does those attacks.

AKM seems to make sense to me. I suppose that we should probably close this thread then.

Can u say what his argument is to dismiss this feat?

Besides mask referring to himself as a hero and his enemy as a villain
AKM is pointing out that you need more than something being called a "beam of light" or a "laser" a single time to satisfy the 4th requirement. Having that statement / name for it is the starting point; it's after that where you need to begin fulfilling the requirements such as having another source that it is made out of light or photons.

At least that's my understanding of AKM's post here.

@Antvasima; I agree that the thread should be closed.

AKM is pointing out that you need more than something being called a "beam of light" or a "laser" a single time to satisfy the 4th requirement. Having that statement / name for it is the starting point; it's after that where you need to begin fulfilling the requirements such as having another source that it is made out of light or photons.

At least that's my understanding of AKM's post here.

@Antvasima; I agree that the thread should be closed.
Then he needs to make a thread to make it so, cus as of the thread posted here multiple times "beam of light" satisfies the 4th requirement, unless he wants to dismiss an accepted thread just cus he can

As of right now all it seems to be is just a "I cant debunk it so I will close it"

Yeah, no.

If we just had a thread that says that one of the requirements is valid, then we should allow that requirement to work.

The thread that Arc made says that "Beam of light" = "Beam comprised of light", which was accepted by several staff members (including those disagreeing here) including me who previously disagreed to that and was the originator of the justification being removed.

It's a wiki standard that this is allowed. We can't just say "no" to that. Either the standard should be reverted, or the requirement should be accepted.

Yeah, no.

If we just had a thread that says that one of the requirements is valid, then we should allow that requirement to work.

The thread that Arc made says that "Beam of light" = "Beam comprised of light", which was accepted by several staff members (including those disagreeing here) including me who previously disagreed to that and was the originator of the justification being removed.

It's a wiki standard that this is allowed. We can't just say "no" to that. Either the standard should be reverted, or the requirement should be accepted.
agreed

As of now the argument to even close the thread is hollow cus the other thread was made which accepts "beam of light" as enough for the 4th requirement

A thread which was made AND accepted by staff

Please summarise the evidence and how that corresponds with our standards KingTempest.

Was the referred thread located in our staff forum? That is where all revisions of our standards should happen.

As of now the argument to even close the thread is hollow cus the other thread was made which accepts "beam of light" as enough for the 4th requirement

A thread which was made AND accepted by staff
As far as I can tell AKM isn't disputing that. You're attacking a strawman argument instead of focusing on what AKM is actually saying.

As far as I can tell AKM isn't disputing that. You're attacking a strawman argument instead of focusing on what AKM is actually saying.
He is calling for the closure of the thread cus "beam of light is not enough for the 4th requirement"

This, is false as of the new thread which was accepted

W
The argument against it is Mask not being a reliable source to beam of light statement
Which is a weak argument that just comes of him calling himself hero and his mortal enemy a villain...

And As was said above all his attacks are what he calls them "superhero kick" he kick the oponent, "heroes headbutt" is a headbutt etc.

He is calling for the closure of the thread cus "beam of light is not enough for the 4th requirement"

This, is false as of the new thread which was accepted
So there has been a new thread that modified the standards that DontTalk defined as safety precautions, and it wasn't located in the staff forum, so I and other prominent staff members did not notice it, and weren't summoned either? That in itself should disqualify its validity.

Which staff members accepted the new thread that modified our standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back