• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach: Renji and Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Beam of light" = somehow vague, flowery and not literal
"Showes properties of light" = it can also somehow possibly maybe do other things light can't
"Doesn't have anti feats" = well yeah you see... we aren't going to accept it because
Idek how people would think that it’s flowery lmao

Currently we are still at a draw.

KT, Mitch, Griff all agree
Dama, AKM, Armor disagree
Elizhaa is neutral but is fine with taking Mask’s word as reliable
DT has not stated a position and just commented on clarifying the LS requirements

So it’s like 3.5 to 3 in favor atm

ok this argument is just embarassing. this is the most blatant example of a beam of light and I have no idea why staff are so desperate to not get it accepted

Nothing new has been presented in the past few days.

Concrete yes: Mitch, Griff, KT
Concrete no: Dama, AKM, Armor
Neutral leaning yes: Elizhaa
Neutral: DT

It is, albeit barely, in favor of getting accepted.

... That's a pretty speculative inference from that.

Existence of data on Shinigami battles =/= There must be data on Quincy battles.

Lack of data on Quincy battles possessed by Shingami =/= There must be data on Quincy battles possessed by someone else.
You know what else is pretty speculative?

Mask calls himself a hero, therefore "beam of light" is hyperbolic.

Mask using words like: "villain", "hero", "justice" =/= Mask is hyperbolic 100% of the time

But that's the crux of your argument.

You know what else is pretty speculative?

Mask calls himself a hero, therefore "beam of light" is hyperbolic.

Mask using words like: "villain", "hero", "justice" =/= Mask is hyperbolic 100% of the time

But that's the crux of your argument.
let me add one more speculation

"Mask is not hyperbolic all the time" when he is actually hyperbolic with everything especially attacks he says, this is a subjective case
Mask may be refering to beam of light as you know how he does as usual he purifies evils (villain) so he is actually just saying what he does normally
"the evil dies by the hero's light"
or he is been serious and his attack is actually a beam of light moving at speed of light
the second case less likely based on precedence of mask and the bleach verse.
like i said this is everyone has different view kind of a thing.

and you keep mentioning daten and books, does the book also say his punches are actual justice?

Except beam of light satisfies the fourth requirement unless contradicted, and oh guess what? It isn't contradicted.

I want to ask how it being flowery means anything. If I recall correctly flowery language was when someone used words to make their statement seem more "sophisticated" how is beam of light sophisticated and why does it make it not acceptable?

Last edited:
No no, beam of light is clearly flowery and has some deep philosophical meaning behind it and not juts totally a simple, clear cut statement
I find it funny is how thier only argument is "he said hero so it must be totally hyperbolic, and I am not going to give any logical reasons why it is. It's just hyperbole, dude just trust me, I was with th author and he totally told me it's flowery!"

cant believe this is still going on honestly. mask calling it a hero's beam of light just refers to his beam of lights it doesn't mean it is not light speed. It genuinely looks like the people who disagree just don't want this feat to be considered a lightspeed feat.

It is quite strange to speculate that this is not light because it is "hyperbolic". The mask skills really do what their name says, the name of his skill says he's going to headbutt and he really does, says he's going to do a lariat and he really does it, it says punch and he really punches.

Considering we accept Star Satsujin punch as a 10x multiplier despite him saying it's the fist that defeats evil or whatever, but "beam of light" is somehow a different case, is mind boggling to me too.
If you be quiet about it they won't take that too. Look at it this way. You are basically telling them accept both or accept none. And with the way "beam of light" a three word phrase with the largest word containing 5 letters being flowery language, it's not going to be the former.

Last edited:
Regarding the hero and villain's part, I meant for those parts that Mask could be a substitute as a hero, and the opponent's name he views as a villain could be substituted for the villain.

Regarding the thread on being accepted, more agreements from staff members like thread moderator, admin, or bureaucrats are needed. Currently, it seems like there are not enough.
Contacting more staff is still welcome.

Regarding the hero and villain's part, I meant for those parts that Mask could be a substitute as a hero, and the opponent's name he views as a villain could be substituted for the villain.

Regarding the thread on being accepted, more agreements from staff members like thread moderator, admin, or bureaucrats are needed. Currently, it seems like there are not enough.
Contacting more staff is still welcome.
I think only other staff can @ staff, would you mind doing so?

To post a quick summary of the current arguments so the added input doesn't need to wade through 4 pages.

Pro-Light Speed Mask Attack
  • The laser is called a "beam of light", which as of this CRT, satisfies the fourth requirement given it is not contradicted.
  • The laser reflects off Renji's Zanpakuto, and is then re-affirmed by Mask stating his attack has been re-directed, satisfying another requirement.
    • Mask uses the phrase "turn aside", which means to deflect, and just refering to change in direction in general, as shown when it came into contact with a reflective blade.
  • Because Mask's laser has no anti-feats and meets two of the requirements it is light speed. Mask's laser was previous accepted as light speed before as well, but got removed when a CRT made it so "beam of light" doesn't satisfy the fourth requirement, but considering that change has been returned such that "beam of light" can satisfy said requirement, this thread was made.
Anti-Light Speed Mask Attack
  • Mask commonly refers to his opponents as "villains" and himself as a "hero", adding flair to his expressions by using phrases like "fist of justice", etc. Therefore, when Mask says "beam of light" he is also just being extra and dramatic, and he should not be taken seriously.
  • Damage specifically doesn't think Renji's blade reflected the attack. I'm not 100% sure how much the opposition holds this point as only Damage has really mentioned it, while the rest of the opposition is pushing hard for "hyperbolic Mask", but I figured I'd include it for transparency.

I just wanna know how the word light is a big boi word. Under what circumstances is that flowery? It's simple and straight to the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back