• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach- PTS Speed Downgrade

I don't think what you guys are currently arguing about is relevant in any major way, so I'll just wait for my concerns to be addressed and the translation to come.

Agreed with akm. Can we stop derailing. Its happened multiple times, including two unwarranted requests to forcibly close this

Alright I asked Arc to translate what the background sound means since he knows japanese and this is what he had to say.

Basically to summarize its translates to "Bachin" which is usually used as an effect for a sword moving through the air at high speed. So it is an effect of Renji's sword moving to block or reflect Mask's attack than the sound generated from Mask's attack hitting his sword.

summary (again)

Light makes a noise, proven by the sfx. We dont know what type yet. Could be impact, because the symbol is somewhat similar to one used for clang (which may explain why viz did what they did) or could be sizzle from burning. Its been put up for translation

"turn aside" was a mistranslation. Its actually "repel", which as akm pointed out, doesnt mean reflection

The light itself doesnt reflect like diffusion or any other kind. my argument is that it possibly is expanding, but that part is not to important.

the beam was argued to have "aoe", so even as a concetrated beam it doesnt behave like reflection

kubo shows he can draw proper reflection in the same arc

Another issue is the heat it has for vaporization may also be an anti feat, regarding speed

and a lot of "lets ignore physics" so far from the thread so far, although that violates light standards
The Webster definition which you used earlier literally saids repel can mean turn aside.

Alright I asked Arc to translate what the background sound means since he knows japanese and this is what he had to say.

Basically to summarize its translates to "Bachin" which is usually used as an effect for a sword moving through the air at high speed. So it is an effect of Renji's sword moving to block or reflect Mask's attack than the sound generated from Mask's attack hitting his sword.

Now this is very interesting. this could go with the translation from mask saying renji repelled it

So correct me if im wrong

the sequence is as follows

The beam heads towards that direction. renji appears, swings his blade and intercepts it?

Miniscule mass.

Show me the suns rays causing explosions or a basic laser causing impacts
There we go again. Light has minuscule mass. Similar to how matter in Bleach has a minuscule soul/Reishi. Isn’t that a surprise? You question has been answered. The Reishi Light has more Reishi than real light.

Also"Single-scattering albedo"proves it doesn't have to be sunlight to be produce reflection and abortion effects at the same time

we are past the reishi point. Its moot. reishi light isnt LS just because, it has to be proven
Don’t concede that easily. At least acknowledge it.

Reishi world contains more Reishi than the Kishi Wold.

The Reishi in the Kishi World is minuscule exactly how Light contains minuscule matter as you said.

it isnt conceding. you are the only person arguing all reishi light is > LS

you havent proven anything regarding that, just that it predates irl light

Actually give me evidence to that or drop it

it isnt conceding. you are the only person arguing all reishi light is > LS

you havent proven anything regarding that, just that it predates irl light

Actually give me evidence to that or drop it
All your arguments against it have been debunked and you provided no evidence for any of them.

Your last argument was addressed and you ignore it. That is what it means to concede.

1. Reishi world contains more Reishi than the Kishi Wold.

2. The Reishi in the Kishi World is minuscule exactly how Light contains minuscule matter as you said.

Basically to summarize its translates to "Bachin" which is usually used as an effect for a sword moving through the air at high speed.
I'd still wait for another opinion regarding this to be sure, from a neutral party. From the link Cyber provided, it seemed like it was the sound caused by the attack suddenly getting off'd.

All your arguments against it have been debunked and you provided no evidence for any of them.

Your last argument was addressed and you ignore it. That is what it means to concede.

1. Reishi world contains more Reishi than the Kishi Wold.

2. The Reishi in the Kishi World is minuscule exactly how Light contains minuscule matter as you said.
What are you talking about

Ive provided citations for my claims

neither of the those points address speed. try again

again that sfx has to do with electricity

there was none in that scene

Im not sure the translation was correct

What are you talking about

Ive provided citations for my claims

neither of the those points address speed. try again
We aren’t talking about speed.

Nice try.

The evidence explains clearly why “light” in the Reishi world can “explode” or interact with Reishi floors unlike “light” in the real world. It contains more mass.

Reio, repel doesnt mean reflect
In this case it can. The only difference between repel and reflect is that reflect is turning away specifically light,heat ect while repel has no specification of what it can turn away or throw back.

And we know that renji is repelling light so that can mean reflecting

We aren’t talking about speed.

Nice try.

The evidence explains clearly why “light” in the Reishi world can “explode” or interact with Reishi floors unlike “light” in the real world. It contains more mass.

You have lost me

This entire thread is about if the light is LS, via having actual properties of light. It predating doesnt justify explosions

You have lost me

This entire thread is about if the light is LS, via having actual properties of light. It predating doesnt justify explosions
Again. Nothing to do with our current debate about light not been light because it makes explosions. In a nutshell, you have no argument. How can you? You can’t create a rebuttal for facts.

Is not like the Bleach downgrade thread votes came from a neutral party. 😒
They did. That thread is not relevant here. If this is you implying that I have some bias against Bleach as a verse, you couldn't be more wrong. I don't even get involved in threads and only come to help because nobody does.

what benefit does arc have for lying again, and even if he is impartial why assume he is lying or incorrect
Never said he is lying. But an opinion of a hardcore supporter of the verse is inherently questioned as being biased. As you can see, he has his own "interpretation" of what that sound means despite another source describing it differently. We don't believe everything about translations the hardcore supporters of the verse say just because they can read japanese. A neutral party is always involved and happens for every verse.

People should focus more on actual arguments rather than derailing with irrelevant points.

at this point i have no clue

Apple continues with the notion all reishi light is ls.

cero is just an anti feat to that, since they explode all the time

Back