• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach: Renji and Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
no derails on quincy arrows, ceros etc, pls.

anyway damage, quincy techniques can have different properties. its a simple fix to your issue

If spiritual light isn't lightspeed then kishi light that was made off from reishi light isn't lightspeed either. Damage is really arguing that the concept of light never existed in the verse and that is reaching because the character know the word "light" and "ray of light" and "beam of light" at this point there are too many statements to not be light.

Not a reishi trail of fire, the reishi trail he makes to fire Supernova. That’s where the “bending” comes from, when he draws the star in the air.
The properties of been "bend" is like Damage said "an error on the author's art and can't be used as an argument" He is in favor of not using the Seireitei size because error in pixel scaling, but here he is using the same argument to disprove every single "light" statement.

If spiritual light isn't lightspeed then kishi light that was made off from reishi light isn't lightspeed either. Damage is really arguing that the concept of light never existed in the verse and that is reaching because the character know the word "light" and "ray of light" and "beam of light" at this point there are too many statements to not be light.
Ever heard of the phrase "Strawman Argument"?

The dispute isn't being made of the attack being made of light or not, but whether it is valid enough that we assume it has to be lightspeed.

Ever heard of the phrase "Strawman Argument"?

The dispute isn't being made of the attack being made of light or not, but whether it is valid enough that we assume it has to be lightspeed.
Damage: "I want to use the inconsistent Sereitei size in the manga scans."

Also Damage: "Author draws light bending a bit instead of a straight line. I don't care if its inconsistent. No Light."

What problems do you have with Mask's beam of light?

Apple may make more sense for his thoughts if he opens another title, because he speaks out of the subject, the Buddha affects the subject that needs to be talked about.

So we can get back on track, @Damage3245 is your only issue the Supernova “bending” when it’s being drawn in the air or do you have others?
Bending and being at rest.

It "reflecting" off of the blade can just be it being physically intercepted and deflected, as with any energy beam.

Burning/vaporizing isn't limited to light either and isn't mentioned as being one of our requirements of something to be lightspeed as far as I can tell.

Being just called a "beam of light" is the biggest evidence being presented and for what's been posted up above for the number of things called "... of light", it's not a convincing piece of evidence for me, especially considering the lack of mention for photons, or lightspeed.

AKM's summary from the previous thread on this topic still makes the most sense to me, even if you take out the second section regarding the description of it being "made of light".

Again though, different attacks behave differently, Star Flash was never shown bending nor having variable speeds.

The whole reflecting thing was discussed to death, we literally see the beam reflect off in the 5 directions from each point of the star, not to mention that Renji clearly didn't force the attack aside or use any force to displace it, he just held his Zanpakuto there from what we see which further supports reflection.

"Beam of light" was deemed enough to meet the fourth requirement in that recent thread and Mask's Star Flash is explicitly referred to as a "beam of light".
  • It's referred to as a beam of light
  • It's shown reflecting off of a reflective material, that being a Zanpakuto
  • It moves in a straight line
  • It burns/vaporizes on contact
  • No character ever physically interacted with it, Renji reflected it off of his Zanpakuto
Star Flash has zero antifeats that would deem it being speed of light invalid.

“Beam of light” satisfies the fourth requirement for being light speed as of the most recent LS Qualifications CRT.

That’s one check.

The beam reflected off a Zanpakuto.

That’s check number two.

Therefore the beam is light.

Supernova is an entire separate attack, idk why we are bringing it up. Separate names = separate attacks, especially in Bleach.

Bending and being at rest.

Bending aside since you already agreed with using inconsistent drawings from the same author in another thread.
It "reflecting" off of the blade can just be it being physically intercepted and deflected, as with any energy beam.
You are agreeing on a 50/50 on this, base on light reflecting out of mirrors and blades in the kishi world.
Burning/vaporizing isn't limited to light either and isn't mentioned as being one of our requirements of something to be lightspeed as far as I can tell.
Another 50/50 light can do that and more in fiction were authors use them as "attack" beams. The requirement thing is an issue.
Being just called a "beam of light" is the biggest evidence being presented and for what's been posted up above for the number of things called "... of light", it's not a convincing piece of evidence for me, especially considering the lack of mention for photons, or lightspeed.
The reishi beam been called a beam of light isn't new. Is been called light since the earlier arcs of the series all the way to the light novels and databook. Water molecule has three atoms: two hydrogen (H) atoms and one oxygen (O) atom. That's why water is sometimes referred to as H2O. A single drop of water contains billions of water molecules. That would mean reishi water doesn't contain all three atoms just because is never mentioned.

AKM's summary from the previous thread on this topic still makes the most sense to me, even if you take out the second section regarding the description of it being "made of light".

I'll wait for other's opinion on this topic.

KingTempest brought up some anti-feats regarding the same energy attack / technique performed by the same character. It resembles the aforementioned technique in almost every way, be it the color, the star shaped pattern, the impact crater, vaporization effect, etc. It even has the same base name, with only an extra word. Similar attack in every way, yet it bends and has different speed, which destroys the notion of it being real light.

This one doesnt really hold in my opinion. We know quinces abilities can range in application and function in how they use reishi. One move behaving differently deosnt debunk anything.

As the guy who spread out a crt on this very premise for more than 10 pages, heavy disagree. it expands outward from the focal point, implying its refracting outward.

What apple posted are different. Lets go through some.

Spikes of light for as nodt, which are constructs, not a beam.

Quincie arrows are also literally constructs. Their speed would depend on the bow draw.

Negacion actually has a possible anti aspect, it can lift mass. Besides that, doesnt have any other properties to my knowledge.

Ceros have been shown to have mass, and a few bend

Auswhalen's speed entirely depends on sk palace to ss distance

lastly, lille barro might be worth discussing in another thread tbh

Okay so Star Flash Supernova doesn’t have a statement for being made of light. It is just an energy attack so the bending and being at rest doesn’t actually matter.

It isn’t limited to that but it is a property of lasers so this backs it up since it showcases other properties of light. It’s also been mentioned numerous times on numerous threads that the list provided on the lightspeed page isn’t the full thing. Other things can help qualify the light feat as being real light.

Being called a beam of light is not the primary argument. It is one of 4 points for Star Flash being lightspeed. You thinking it isn’t a good piece of evidence also doesn’t matter too much since there was a thread where it was accepted that it’s sufficient evidence for something being lightspeed.

For those this applies to, and you know who you are, stop talk about unrelated other Quincy attacks. Like htf did As Nodt get involved in this? Discussion should be hyper focused aroun Mask’s beam of light. Other attacks hold no barring on this specific attack.

“Beam of light” satisfies the fourth requirement for being light speed as of the most recent LS Qualifications CRT.

That’s one check.

The beam reflected off a Zanpakuto.

That’s check number two.

Therefore the beam is light.

Supernova is an entire separate attack, idk why we are bringing it up. Separate names = separate attacks, especially in Bleach.
Oh so that’s why that thread was made! lol U did it for the purpose of this thread genius

Last edited:
I roll my eyes

In case anyone has to actually ask, or before I get accused of being manipulative, no I did not make the LS Qualifications CRT for Bleach, you can read the thread if you’d like to know why…

This one doesnt really hold in my opinion. We know quinces abilities can range in application and function in how they use reishi. One move behaving differently deosnt debunk anything.

As the guy who spread out a crt on this very premise for more than 10 pages, heavy disagree. it expands outward from the focal point, implying its refracting outward.

What apple posted are different. Lets go through some.

Spikes of light for as nodt, which are constructs, not a beam.

Quincie arrows are also literally constructs. Their speed would depend on the bow draw.

Negacion actually has a possible anti aspect, it can lift mass. Besides that, doesnt have any other properties to my knowledge.

Ceros have been shown to have mass, and a few bend

Auswhalen's speed entirely depends on sk palace to ss distance

lastly, lille barro might be worth discussing in another thread tbh
Pls! Lille needs a revision.

If this topic has been done before and accepted then what is the need for a discussion of whether or not to be light? Any new dots that showed up against the mask light?

If this topic has been done before and accepted then what is the need for a discussion of whether or not to be light? Any new dots that showed up against the mask light?
No. Kanji words, reflecting on the blade, beam of light comment, star shape light beam, distance, Renji not moving and just standing there to block it. Everything brought so far in this thread isn't new and was already brought up. Despise all of this the feat was already accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back