• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bowser Plot Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plot Manipulation for Bowser with the Star Rod? It seems fine.

Though I haven't played Paper Mario, so I'll wait for more opinions

You don't really have to play Paper Mario to know that this is Plot Manipulation, especially since he does it at the beginning of the first Paper Mario game. He has Plot Manipulation without the Star Rod. He inserted Kammy Koopa into the book. The story's narrator themself asked "wait, who put this here", and Bowser answered, saying he did. He changed the story without the Star Rod, but then changed it further once attaining it. Bowser just undoubtedly has Plot Manipulation.

It's an intro and is contraddicted since Mario managed to defeat him and was Bowser unable to change that, so no.

How is it non-combat applicable? He literally changed the story to where he stole the Star Rod, and in-context, the Star Spirits described him as being all-powerful, and even the combined power of Mario and the Star Spirits couldn't overcome Bowser. This was caused because he changed the story.

This was a book that actually appeared in the series.

Just the other day, I was fortunate enough to read the most fascinating book. This book said, and I quote...

"...the Evil King chortles, and a sacred rod and seven lights fade into darkness. A lovely maiden rises to the heavens.

"But lo! A hero clad in red appears and travels the world. He gathers around him eight who are pure of heart.

"This hero restores the seven lights, and they raise him high into the sky.

"On the airy heights, the hero clashes with the Evil King. The lovely maiden wishes..."

That's how it ended!

Somebody had torn out the rest of the pages! Now I'll never know the ending! What kind of no-good tears up books!?!

I think I have heard of this kind of story but I'm not sure where I read it...
~ Russ T.

He changed the whole story. The story originally did not have anything to do with Bowser, but then he changed everything until the end, because the end did not exist. This is why Mario won. Bowser should have combat applicable Plot Manipulation.

I don't see why he wouldn't use it in-character, considering he has done so before. Bowser doesn't really have a set tactic he uses to defeat Mario, he just doesn't use one twice because it falls to work.

But yeah, thanks. XD This can be added, whoever will add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back