• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brainiac (DC) Split and Rework

You are usually sensible regarding Marvel and DC, and might also be able to act as a speaker for Amelia, if she does not want to respond to this thread because of my presence here.

Well, if Amelia refuses to come here to help out because of her misconceptions about and long-time grudges against me, I think that you can probably go ahead and apply what has been accepted above, in lack of better options.

I'm just going to hop back to DC Wiki and expand articles on Superman/JLA/Legion stuff that this place can maybe use for a resource in the future (which I highly encourage people here should do for this and related topics -- at least I try to be meticulous in citing my sources for the pages I work on)... Until people higher than me on the totem pole get the ball rolling on this page-split, at least. I just saw an opportunity to weigh in on a character in a meaningful way, which I've anticipated doing for months now.

Also, I have no idea what this stuff about grudges is about, but I'm not gonna ask. I know better than to mistake the uranium-237 atomic pile for a photogenic loaf of Wonderbread (this time, at least).

Last edited:
Well, I would greatly appreciate if you help us with applying what has been accepted here.

Ah, I see
I advocate strongly for making Stargrave a key for Pre-Crisis Brainiac, because:

1. Legion villains don't get enough respect, exposure, or understanding
2. He's a cool retro baddie, which I automatically like.
3. He can most likely blow "New Brainiac" out of the water, stats-wise.

I advocate strongly for making Stargrave a key for Pre-Crisis Brainiac, because:

1. Legion villains don't get enough respect, exposure, or understanding
2. He's a cool retro baddie, which I automatically like.
3. He can most likely blow "New Brainiac" out of the water, stats-wise.
Wouldn't that work better as a separate profile? Since it is technically a different Brainiac.

Yeah I really think that DC could probably use a slight reworking of those rules given the shorter life of its continuities compared to Marvel.

Just to go on record, Stargrave's biggest feat is probably his introductory one: ripping a hole in spacetime leading to the Antimatter Universe, on a scale large enough that the resulting matter-antimatter interaction endangered a large sector of inhabited space and forced the United Planets to mobilize the Legion to seal it up before everyone in the solar system died. And when they arrived, it turned out Stargrave just wanted their attention and sealed the hole by waving his hand. And all this was accomplished with raw power, not technology or anything of the sort.

One could probably math out the ratio between lifespan and issue requirements using Marvel as a basis tbh, would need some tweaking afterwards but still.

Stargrave followed up his rather impressive introduction by no-selling the entire Legion, including Superboy, and knocking them over like bowling pins while barely bothering to get up out of his seat.

He survived getting punted into the heart of a star. Then he masterminded a scheme that saw two Legionnaires framed for murder, one temporarily driven insane, the universe almost destroyed by a cosmic abomination, Legion HQ in ruins, and the Legion in hot water with the U.P. government.

And then when the Legion fought him after this, he went back to effortlessly mopping the floor with every single Legionnaire he ran across -- blasting Ultra Boy (in invincibility mode) clear off the planet and into deep space, leaving him with persistent retrograde amnesia for months and causing his teammates to take him for dead all that time -- and ultimately only Brainiac 5 could beat him by enraging him into reflecting his own power at himself.

And on top of that, he still came back from the dead... Though in his third and final outing, he was defeated by the Legion of Substitute Heroes, which I'm not gonna lie... isn't the greatest look.

Still, all in all, not a bad run.

Well, given that Pulsar did have a legacy impact in the Post-Crisis continuity, I think that we can probably make an exception and add a statistics key for him.

Okay. It doesn't seem like he appeared a lot.

That seems sensible to me. Marvel is another issue though.

Okay. That is probably fine, but the characters obviously need to have easily scalable and non-contradictory feats in combination.

Meh I feel we can just list them unknown if it's a wonk selection of feats, with a note

I am not sure. Pages without statistics seem pointless to me.

Back