• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brainiac (DC) Split and Rework

Yes, but mainly in combination with an otherwise complete page.

Yes, but we tend to heavily encourage adding them, as it seems pointless to create lots of pages that are empty of the main information that our visitors come here to see.

true, before being a member whenever I look up a character and see unknown for most of the stats I get quite disappointed

I mean if tiering is meant to be the main focus, should we just go ahead and remove most profiles?

P&A, range, stamina, intellect, etc, seems more important to me than how hard they can punch

I still don't think that we should encourage our members to spam pages that are essentially half-empty drafts, especially not for Marvel and DC Comics, given how many characters they have. Sorry.

Not sure if this was meant for me, probably wasn't

but if it was, I was referring to most stats being unknown

P&A, range, stamina, intellect
Like most of these being unknown with only a few specific abilities that are usually hax or something

should those profiles exist?

I mean if you don't even know how fast these types of characters are, then what's the point of a vsbattle, would they just be match-banned...

@The_Impress

Should we include a Pulsar Stargrave statistics key for Pre-Crisis Brainiac or not?
What would be the procedure for getting the work on the key started on?
Should I just scan a bunch of panels and start a debate over it, or what?

I'm still in limbo for if I should try to revise the drafts myself.

I doubt that a key on a secondary profile would cause any change in the behavior of users at all. Plus, the P&A would still have to be well-researched.

I think that you can probably start revising the draft, but Impress should preferably check with Amelia first. I don't want to trigger any conflicts.

I doubt that a key on a secondary profile would cause any change in the behavior of users at all. Plus, the P&A would still have to be well-researched.
Yes, but I was speaking in general terms. An exception here and there likely isn't a very big deal.

So I looked for Darkseid, and saw that all of Great Darkness Saga Darkseid's showings are categorized under the Pre-Crisis Darkseid key, although Pre-Crisis Darkseid was beefed up in the Great Darkness Saga beyond even his "baseline" power level. And by that, I mean he was beefed up a lot. He had stolen the power of several magical artifacts, as well as that of Mordru (himself a high-power baddie) and the Time Trapper (also a high-power baddie, although this version was later retconned into a mere proxy for the "true" Time Trapper that was even more powerful). I suppose it could be argued in the context of the story that it was just Darkseid using extrinsic power sources to compensate for the degradation of his own abilities over a thousand years of hibernation, but that's not how I read it.

I think similar logic might apply for Pulsar Stargrave, which is theoretically a really, really beefed-up Pre-Crisis Brainiac. So maybe we could just put his feats under the Pre-Crisis Brainiac key as is.

I don't know if these off-the-cuff suggestions are helping any more at this rate.

Last edited:
So I looked for Darkseid, and saw that all of Great Darkness Saga Darkseid's showings are categorized under the Pre-Crisis Darkseid key, although Pre-Crisis Darkseid was beefed up in the Great Darkness Saga beyond even his "baseline" power level. And by that, I mean he was beefed up a lot. He had stolen the power of several magical artifacts, as well as that of Mordru (himself a high-power baddie) and the Time Trapper (also a high-power baddie, although this version was later retconned into a mere proxy for the "true" Time Trapper that was even more powerful). I suppose it could be argued in the context of the story that it was just Darkseid using extrinsic power sources to compensate for the degradation of his own abilities over a thousand years of hibernation, but that's not how I read it.

I think similar logic might apply for Pulsar Stargrave, which is theoretically a really, really beefed-up Pre-Crisis Brainiac. So maybe we could just put his feats under the Pre-Crisis Brainiac key as is.

I don't know if these off-the-cuff suggestions are helping any more at this rate.
I am not sure. What do the rest of you think?

I think that you can probably start revising the draft, but Impress should preferably check with Amelia first. I don't want to trigger any conflicts.
@The_Impress

Bump.

Can somebody remind me what we currently need to do here please?

Back