• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can someone tell me the difference between Extraordinary Genius and Super Genius.

I imagine an extraordinary genius is an individual who's capable of impossibly greater intellectual feats by our standards while super geniuses are vastly more intelligent beings to the point of being regarded as inhuman. Several extraterrestrial entities would probably qualify in the latter's case or individuals smarter than super computers.

basically what regulator said,

extrao-genius = genius among genius's but still "human" (captain america to the strongest human)

super genius = intelligence in lvls that is impossible to reach for normal humans (basically like the relationship of superman to the strongest human)

I suppose that this is my fault for not defining the intelligence tiers better.

We partially based them on the Master Edition Marvel handbook.

If I remember correctly, according to this, a genius possesses genius-level intelligence in one field of research, an extraordinary genius possesses genius level intelligence in multiple forms of research, and a supergenius possesses genius level intelligence in virtually all forms of research.

However, I am not quite satisfied with those definitions. I will try to modify it slightly, and write it down in the intelligence page. Then you can tell me if it needs to be modified further.

I have now modified the Intelligence page. Feel free to inform me if it needs to be better defined.

The intelligence page looks good. I think you could put up an explanation for Gifted category like "Having exceptional talent or natural ability in any particular field."

Maybe. What do the rest of you think?

-BANLK- said:
The intelligence page looks good. I think you could put up an explanation for Gifted category like "Having exceptional talent or natural ability in any particular field."
would that include stuff like intuition (sawada tsunayoshi (KNHR) with super precog or bakugou (BNHA) with his immense battle instinct (both things they got born with)) or increased-learning capacity concerning fights(ichigo for example masters his banai in less than a week while normal shinigami need yearsat least)?

or is this only concerning mind-business feats like maybe of Jane from "The Mentalist" and his talent to troll others?

I added:

"Gifted (Exceptional talent in any particular intellectual area)"

^would this include my example of Jane from The Mentalist or the talent of the "four Horsemen" from "Now you see me 1&2"?

I like BANLK's suggestion but maybe it should be a little more specific?

Gifted: Individuals who demonstrate high reasoning ability and can master concepts with few repetitions, gifted characters display high performance capability in intellectual, creative or specific academic fields.

Above Average: Characters that show greater cognitive ability than the norm, but do not particularly stand out in any intellectual or academic fields.

I have tried to modify the page accordingly.

Back