• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos nodded, his gaze lingering at the spot Sylvia had been for a few moments. Slowly he breathed out, turning away.

“A-archer’s…I can…give temporary enchantments to your weapons! A-anyone who can handle mana, c-come to me!” He said to the villagers who came to fight. His voice shook slightly, very clearly out of his element.

As many soldiers that could practically threw their weapons at Siglos, but the rest knew that they couldn't split their power for long and went to join the archers on the walls as the army approached...

"Archers, ready yourselves!" Jeanne shouted.

The army stopped, and sent out their first line of rabid warriors. "Fire!" Jeanne called out, her voice ringing loudly as the archers rained hell on the first wave, showering them in flaming, exploding arrows, shredding their first wave of soldiers as the ones at the back stopped their march and began preparing something from the shadows...

(If she starts evacuating people, no one's directly behind the wall, she's the only one there, so she's holding her post. She has limited mana reserves, and it's not in her nature to seek out a fight. As long as no one's been hurt and there isn't an immediate threat to the existing defense, she won't fight. I see this becoming a bad thing later in the RP. But it's also worth noting that she's not using the Extrasensory Perception as to not waste Mana, meaning she can't see anything going on at the other side of the wall. The archers are great distant defense, but once they get past the wall, any missed shot can cause massive damage to property, someone has to be the first line of ground defense.)

(If she starts evacuating people, no one's directly behind the wall, she's the only one there, so she's holding her post. She has limited mana reserves, and it's not in her nature to seek out a fight. As long as no one's been hurt and there isn't an immediate threat to the existing defense, she won't fight. I see this becoming a bad thing later in the RP. But it's also worth noting that she's not using the Extrasensory Perception as to not waste Mana, meaning she can't see anything going on at the other side of the wall.)
(Okay bro I didn't need a whole essay on her standard tactics but cool cool.)

Siglos immediately got to work, crouching down next to the pile of weapons. Mana began to slowly cover his body, flowing towards hands. The mana slowly flowed outward, covering the weapons, one at a time. The enchanting process was rough, going for quantity over quality as he rapidly poured his mana into the weapons. The bows glowed softly as they received his energy, radiating light for a few moments. Runes began to ingrave themselves into the weapons as he gradually finished the process.

Siglos breathed heavily, unused to such a rushed enchantment process. Usually, he would spend much longer, creating weapons perfectly tailored to his purpose...but he couldn't afford to be a perfectionist under such stressful conditions. With trembling hands, he used telekinesis, levitating the weapons he had been given before returning them back to the unarmed soldiers, the bows floating gently into their hands, one after another.

"F-finished!" Siglos yelled out, breathing out.

Each bow was embued with a small amount of mana, which would wrap itself around every arrow it fired. This mana would sharpen the arrowhead, bolstering its piercing power, as well as create a small burst of electricity, the energy arching to nearby enemies and temporarily stunning them for a moment. He figured that, if the enemies were stunned, they would be easier to hit with additional arrows, thus bolstering the effectiveness of the weapon.

Khadgar charged for a few seconds before sending a ball of fire into the sky, raining shards of fire on those who came, while Kargath was on the other side of the wall, practically daring the enemy forces to come anywhere near it while every turret began firing at the enemy, with Wrathion reinforcing the wall with width and magma as much as he could before kneeling down to start going into Dragon form

(Okay bro I didn't need a whole essay on her standard tactics but cool cool.)
(The essay is a power from time immemorial. Clearly you do not understand the significance, which is why I wrote out another essay.)

See, there are moments in time where writing the existing thought and the thought alone works. There are other times where such simplistic ideas are unclear and far from concise. I've started to run RPs, participated in multiple, and I'm a staff member of a functioning discord roleplay. That being said, I need to be understood, because I do not have time to expend on repeating myself. This usually expresses itself in a much longer-running piece of writing, typically referred to as an essay.

Of course, one must first understand what is described as an essay. Critiquing someone for writing a single paragraph and referring to it as "an essay" would be childish hyperbole of a much more serious situation. A paragraph, typically, in collegial writing, expresses a fraction of a much larger idea. And while it may seem long in comparison to a sentence, it does not represent an essay. An essay addresses multiple aspects of a topic, almost as many as the author is informed about from his or her knowledge. While the face of a coin can tell you a lot about it for example, it only says so much about the other face, much less about the construction of its interior.

So, when a line isn't enough to express a whole idea, a paragraph is formed, and when that is insufficient, an essay. An essay in and of itself has much more depth, and even a complete one may slightly stray from the original topic. As you may be starting to conclude, I am out of things to say, but seeing as the average essay runs much longer than this one, I will proceed with my elaboration. The majority of essays require some extent of formatting, whereas a paragraph lacks this. It is an excerpt, meant to match the format of wherever it may be recycled.

In summary, essays express more than one aspect of an idea and are meant to bring clarity, even if a paragraph would be enough to eliminate confusion. If you've made it to this point, I must say, your tolerance for the abnormal as well as the inconvenient is extremely surprising and summer must have placed too much time in your hands. You've earned my respect. If you simply skipped to this point, forget everything I said, I don't respect you. Until you read the rest, you'll have to live in the shame that I did this for you. I spent all this time writing and figuring out things to say, just for you. Yet, you have the audacity to completely ignore everything I've said and skip to the end. Walk around your house in shame. If you still don't feel it, walk down the street in shame. And if that somehow isn't enough, WALK to the nearest airline in shame, book yourself a flight to the opposite side of the world, and never type on this forum until you truly understand how shameful you are. Good day.

(The essay is a power from time immemorial. Clearly you do not understand the significance, which is why I wrote out another essay.)

See, there are moments in time where writing the existing thought and the thought alone works. There are other times where such simplistic ideas are unclear and far from concise. I've started to run RPs, participated in multiple, and I'm a staff member of a functioning discord roleplay. That being said, I need to be understood, because I do not have time to expend on repeating myself. This usually expresses itself in a much longer-running piece of writing, typically referred to as an essay.

Of course, one must first understand what is described as an essay. Critiquing someone for writing a single paragraph and referring to it as "an essay" would be childish hyperbole of a much more serious situation. A paragraph, typically, in collegial writing, expresses a fraction of a much larger idea. And while it may seem long in comparison to a sentence, it does not represent an essay. An essay addresses multiple aspects of a topic, almost as many as the author is informed about from his or her knowledge. While the face of a coin can tell you a lot about it for example, it only says so much about the other face, much less about the construction of its interior.

So, when a line isn't enough to express a whole idea, a paragraph is formed, and when that is insufficient, an essay. An essay in and of itself has much more depth, and even a complete one may slightly stray from the original topic. As you may be starting to conclude, I am out of things to say, but seeing as the average essay runs much longer than this one, I will proceed with my elaboration. The majority of essays require some extent of formatting, whereas a paragraph lacks this. It is an excerpt, meant to match the format of wherever it may be recycled.

In summary, essays express more than one aspect of an idea and are meant to bring clarity, even if a paragraph would be enough to eliminate confusion. If you've made it to this point, I must say, your tolerance for the abnormal as well as the inconvenient is extremely surprising and summer must have placed too much time in your hands. You've earned my respect. If you simply skipped to this point, forget everything I said, I don't respect you. Until you read the rest, you'll have to live in the shame that I did this for you. I spent all this time writing and figuring out things to say, just for you. Yet, you have the audacity to completely ignore everything I've said and skip to the end. Walk around your house in shame. If you still don't feel it, walk down the street in shame. And if that somehow isn't enough, WALK to the nearest airline in shame, book yourself a flight to the opposite side of the world, and never type on this forum until you truly understand how shameful you are. Good day.
your-mom-your-mother.gif

The rest of the archers grabbed their bows from Siglos and moved to join their comrades on Wrathion's walls, their arrows, especially now that they were enchanted with Siglos' magic, shredding through the first waves of enemies.

"Archers, expand your range! Hit their back line!" Jeanne ordered as the soldiers kept charging forward through the rain of blazing arrows and Khadgar's fire spells, clearly not at all afraid, hell, it seemed they didn't possess the concept of fear or self-preservation, charging Kargath.

"We can't do any damage to their back line! Something's up...!" One of the main archers called out, causing Jeanne to click her tongue in annoyance.

"Damnit..." Jeanne thought to herself, wondering if she should use the power of her blessings yet...

Sylvia returned, her footsteps making large foot-print shaped craters in the ground as she turned to Cain, both of them prepared to join the front-line immediately.

Siglos breathed out, staring at the mass of enemies approaching them.

"...Do they...not feel pain?" Siglos said softly, fear creeping into his voice as he saw them charge without restraint. With shaky hands, he reached into his bag, taking out a small, handheld telescope. Mana floated inside the glass, enhancing his vision far beyond its normal state as he put one eye to the tool. Slowly, he looked at the backline, wondering if he could find out anything more about the army.

An eruption of many came from the very back of the army, the back possessing the clearly strongest enemies along with something else... It was an enormous being, many meters in size, orc-like in appearance like the rest of the soldiers, but, the thing's eyes contained a peculiar bloodlust within them. It's armor was forged from what seemed to be bone, same with the enormous axe welded to its arm, heat charring its already black skin. It growled, steam moving out of its nose and mouth violently, like some sort of engine... It's fingers were like giant blades, the knuckles heavily armored while the nails were sharpened to near perfection, meant to rip and tear through enemies.

...It pointed at Siglos and Khadgar. It knew it was being watched.

(This will be my last comment until Olive Garden gets back online.)

An eruption of many came from the very back of the army, the back possessing the clearly strongest enemies along with something else... It was an enormous being, many meters in size, orc-like in appearance like the rest of the soldiers, but, the thing's eyes contained a peculiar bloodlust within them. It's armor was forged from what seemed to be bone, same with the enormous axe welded to its arm, heat charring its already black skin. It growled, steam moving out of its nose and mouth violently, like some sort of engine... It's fingers were like giant blades, the knuckles heavily armored while the nails were sharpened to near perfection, meant to rip and tear through enemies.

...It pointed at Siglos and Khadgar. It knew it was being watched.

(This will be my last comment until Olive Garden gets back online.)
Siglos jumped back, rushing to duck behind the wall, nearly dropping his telescope in the process. Fumbling with the instrument, he regained his grip on it, his face pale. Quickly, he walked towards Jeanne, already recognizing her as the one taking charge. He handed her the telescope.

"...There's a beast in the back, Jeanne. I-I think it might be someone important..." Siglos said quietly.

Last edited:
Siglos jumped back, rushing to duck behind the wall, nearly dropping his telescope in the process. Fumbling with the instrument, he regained his grip on it, his face pale. Quickly, he walked towards Jeanne, already recognizing her as the one taking charge. He handed her the telescope.

"...There's a beast in the back, Jeanne. I-I think it might be someone important..." Siglos said quietly.
Jeanne swiftly took the telescope and used it to take a look at the very back of the army's ranks, noticing the beast that had pointed to Khadgar and Siglos. "Dang it..." She grunted, "It seems our current strength won't be enough to take them out with just arrows. We'll need to head in, but, before we do, we need to be ready for anything..." She grunted out once more, handing Siglos back his telescope as the dragon fire(and smoke) and arrowfire seemed to be getting less and less effective as they moved through the upper ranks of the army.

"She doesn't intend for you to fight, Siglos." Sylvia appeared behind Siglos along with Cain, putting her hands in front of his face and speaking with sign language.

"Indeed, calm yourself. I never intended to send you to the front-line." Jeanne said, gripping her flag.

"I'll take that offer, Siglos." Jeanne said as suddenly arrows began flying out from the back of the army, clearly focusing on more ranged attacks since while Noah's winds were not doing much physical damage, it was pushing them back from charging forward properly. Cain caught an arrow that was merely an inch away from hitting Siglos in the eye, while Jeanne seemed to be preparing something as explosive arrows began hitting the wall.

"...Cain will... take... as well..." She said with poor sign language after crushing the arrow in her enormous hands,

"I'll take that offer, Siglos." Jeanne said as suddenly arrows began flying out from the back of the army, clearly focusing on more ranged attacks since while Noah's winds were not doing much physical damage, it was pushing them back from charging forward properly. Cain caught an arrow that was merely an inch away from hitting Siglos in the eye, while Jeanne seemed to be preparing something as explosive arrows began hitting the wall.

"...Cain will... take... as well..." She said with poor sign language after crushing the arrow in her enormous hands,
Siglos reflexively ducked, his body trembling as he heard the arrow fly towards him. Slowly, he looked back up at Cain, realizing she had caught it before it could hit him.

"T...thank's..." Siglos murmured, his face pale. Quickly, he reached into his bag, pushing aside some of his wares until he finally got his hands around two, elaborately crafted steel bracelets, both covered in various runes and sigils.

"T-there a l-little rough, but they should...help you...exert a bit more strength. Maybe...10% more? I-I can't use them myself because of my weaker body..." Siglos murmured, rambling slightly as he was clearly close to panicking. He opened the bracelet, closing it around Cain's wrist, before handing another one to Jeeane.

(so arrows are useless because of armor, durability, or because they don't care about damage?)
(The back-line of the army has more durability and strength than the front-lines that the arrows previously shred like paper. Noah is pushing them back with her winds which is stopping them from advancing, which is why their now using ranged attacks.)

"...Everian man... weak. Stay back." Cain said with sign language as Jeanne nodded at Siglos and donned the bracelet to her right wrist before calling out to Noah and Wrathion.

"Fall back!!!" She shouted to the dragons, considering Gazlowe's idea of freezing them for a moment, but, she clearly had a different plan. "Quickly...!" She shouted as the enemy continued to rain down exploding arrows onto the group's wall.

"What's your plan?" Wrathion asked Jeanne as he landed, focusing on reinforcing and repairing the walls with newfound power

"So freezing is off the table for your plan?" Gazlowe said just as Kargath landed with the group, waiting for the plan to be named, silently supporting Jeanne while Khadgar nodded in response to Gazlowe

"Y-yeah...." Siglos said to Cain. He took a step back, accidentally tripping and falling off the wall onto the ground below, though he remained unharmed. Quickly, he got to his feet, dusting himself off.

"I-I can enchant some of the t-turrets, with ice magic. I-it should go along with a-any ice-related ability they may have..." Siglos said.

"Feel free to incorporate freezing into this... I simply need to make you all as strong as possible before we advance. This won't work on Cain and Sylvia, though..." Jeanne said, breathing out as she began kneeling down, light slowly pooling around her, beginning to whisper something to herself...

Sylvia would take a step back, feeling the light magic that Jeanne was beginning to emit burn her skin, making sure to pull Cain back by the horns as well.

Back