• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Commander Shepard vs Soldier 76 - The Front Line (0-0-6)

Well wanting to make more Mass Effect matches and this came to mind, figured I'd give it a shot after playing thru the trilogy for the upteenth time lol.
  • Speed is equalised
  • Solider Shepard is being used. His 8-B weapons and shields are restricted
  • SBA otherwise
I should go: 0

We're all soldiers now: 0

Incon: 6

Last edited:
"I've got you in my sights"

guns down Shepard

Alternatively Jack wins the gunfight with the fact he's had to face armies of things that could tear him to shreds like, daily in the omnic crisis, fought Reaper, a guy who has shotguns that can one-shot him, to a stand still in the past(though let's just say that changed), and overall just has more experience under his belt

Soldier Shepard has this which might be a suitable counter, which he'll likely open with considering its the signature soldier power

Adrenaline Rush: For a brief moment it slows down time around the player, giving a small window to line up the perfect head-shot with the sniper rifle or other weapons, as well as increasing the damage dealt, including melee damage.

As for skill feats I'll try and draw up a list of them for Mass Effect in the meantime

Soldier Shepard has this which might be a suitable counter, which he'll likely open with considering its the signature soldier power

Adrenaline Rush: For a brief moment it slows down time around the player, giving a small window to line up the perfect head-shot with the sniper rifle or other weapons, as well as increasing the damage dealt, including melee damage.

As for skill feats I'll try and draw up a list of them for Mass Effect in the meantime
So basically the same thing as Soldier's except worse becuase Jack's visor can also pinpoint weak points and the like

Funnily enough, besides the omnic crisis feat, the rest of Jack's skill feats are in his intelligence section which I'm happy about

Yeah I'm hoping to try and give Mass Effect some more attention, great trilogy (Andromeda was alright its not as bad as people said lol)

Now I've tried to draw up a skill feat list for Shepard as best as I can.

Depending on player choice their background can include him being able to help defend and rally untrained fighters in the Skillian Blitz against a huge array of pirates and raiders and was stated to have "Held off enemy forces single handed until reinforcements arrived." when the defences were breached with the battle stated to have lasted for several hours and was awarded the star of terra, the system alliance's highest honor. (War Hero)

The second one (Sole Survivor) has Shepard surviving the Akuze incident, whereupon him and 50 other marines were attacked throughout the night by Thresher Maws. With an untold number of these beasts slaughtered the rest of them with Shepard being skilled enough to be able to save themselves out of that predicament in time against a then at the time unknown foe as humanity was still in the process of claiming planets.

The third one (Ruthless) had Shepard take part in the siege of Torfan, sometime after the Skillian Blitz. Whereupon the aforementioned Batarian fleet was dug in deep in an entrenched, underground bunker. The mission was an absolute meat grinder yet Shepard took the costs and completed the mission above all else.

Plus Shepard is also a graduate of the N7 program, which include the most elite of the systems alliance military that involves various tasks that are on par with US Army Rangers at the very least.

Now for the main trilogy. Starting with the first one

Shepard thanks to one of those three backgrounds gets considered and later picked as the first ever human Spectre. The top agents of the Citadel Council. Its stated by Anderson that "Spectres aren't made. They're born." Spectres draw their numbers from the Turians and Asari, the former are essentially the roman empire in space with their military doctrine and boot camp starting at age 15. The Asari are a race of aliens that live for a thousand years, with Asari Huntresses/Commandos spending at least 20 to 30 years early in life training in the art to start with and considered the best in a 1v1 against other races. One Turian even said "The Asari are among the finest warriors in the galaxy, fortunately there are not many of them." Yet Shepard can beat groups of these even as far back as the first game as shown with the Benezia bossfight.

Also in the Spectres are the Salarians. A race who helped create the very idea of Spectres with their entire military doctrine basically about being Agent 47 in space and ending battles before they even begin. There are also the Krogan , while they are not a council race they are basically Spartans in space with Urdnot Wrex who can be killed by Shepard having been stated to actually have killed a Thresher Maw in a 1v1 as part of his proving trails for his clan.

Now for feats I've been able to find in Mass Effect 2

Shepard is far superior in skill to squadmate and Turian Garrus Vakarian. Who was a skilled marksman who can casually bust out several headshots in quick succession. Garrus was at one point also considered as a spectre candidate but was forbidden by his father from joining but depending on player choice can either go back to C-Sec or apply to be a spectre.

When 2 rolled around following Shepard's death Garrus travelled to Omega. A place that is basically ran only by crime where he proceeded to become the vigilante known as Archangel who proceeded to take the fight to several mercenary bands. Garrus was betrayed by one of his team and was bogged down by three of the groups. Yet Garrus still performed feats such as shooting a gunship and blowing it up with not even being said to be fair. With Garrus camped there for hours mowing down and funnelling the mercs while they returned fire at him. With him doing this for over a day with little to no pauses. While it was ultimately required for Shepard to save him Garrus still has the wherewithal to recognise them in the heat of battle after all that.

I'm going to need to head out for now, I'll try and come back later and add in more feats from 2 and 3 when I'm able

Honestly good compilation, from that so far I'd say they're about even in skill, considering Jack would most assuredly would've dealt with one-shot differences(OR-14s) at least weekly, and has similarly ridiculous precision feats to Garrus, the answer has become less clear, and honestly I'd say Incon right now? With more feats I could be pushed to vote for Shepard, but this is a great match

Thank you I'm trying to get some more matches for mass effect and figured best try and lay down feats from the trilogy.

So to try and expand on Mass Effect 2

Shepard is acknowledged as the leader and superior of Grunt. Said being is a Krogan that was genetically engineered from birth to be the ultimate Krogan by a mad scientist named Dr Okeer, Grunt was implanted with the history of various Krogan warlords with their battle experience and later in his loyalty mission can defeat a Thresher Maw alongside Shepard and another squadmate which results in Grunt becoming the leader of an elite unit of Krogan later in 3.. To add to the feats with Urdnot Wrex he's implied to have lived close to 1000 years and is credited as one of the last few Battlemasters who are stated to be more than a match for 10 soldiers of any other race. Plus he was skilled enough to escape an ambush and killed his father who performed in it the same night. The only time Wrex seemed to have come close to defeat was a battle with an Asari Commando and even that ended in a stalemate along with a looot of collateral damage.

2's endgame also has Shepard finally raiding the base of the Collectors, a mission that is referred to many times as a suicide mission that can result in the permadeath of Shepard and the rest of his crew. Yet Shepard can pull the mission off with no squad deaths at all. One squad member can be counted on to bring back the entire crew of the Normandy who are non-combatants back to the forcibly grounded ship deep in enemy territory during the mission and can survive if loyal i.e entirely focused on the mission. This includes even the weakest like Mordin who was a Salarian doctor and ex STG agent that was in the twilight years of his life and even admitted the front line wasn't his direct speciality but can still kill a Krogan with a well placed pitchfork despite the height and build difference.

Now to try and chalk up feats for Mass Effect 3

By this point in time the Reaper War begins, with the Reapers (Suddenly this matchup became kinda thematic lol) being a race of gigantic mecha ctihulus that purge the galaxy of almost all organic life every 50'000 years citing Shepard as the one true threat to their task having killed one of them in ME1 after damaging them through killing their Saren Husk. With all the races in the galaxy looking to Shepard to lead them in the struggle against them.

Shepard is able to defeat and kill Kai Leng. As much of a cringey Raiden/Nightwing knockoff that he is Kai is able to kill a Krogan with just a normal army knife (For reference Krogan possess secondary vital organs among other physical benefits that make fighting them in melee a hard sell.) Kai was also able to defeat a weakened Thane Krios, a squadmate in 2 who is credited as among the greatest assassins in the galaxy. Thane started his training at the age of 6 and killed at 12 years old and has plied this trade ever since. Thane developed a list of techniques tailor made to take out each race should they be his target. He was capable of performing a clean headshot on a merc around civilians with Garrus even commenting on it being impressive. He did all of Mass Effect 2 while terminally ill from Kepral's Syndrome. And with less than 50 percent lung capacity. In 3 he still gives Kai Leng one heck of a fight despite needing constant medical aid and was well past his life expectancy by that time.

The other major skill feats for 3 that I can think of is in the Citadel DLC, whereupon Shepard fights a clone of themselves. Said clone uses the exact same major power as them and is skilled enough to actually blast the gun out of the hands of the real deal yet still ultimately loses the fight. There is also the Armax Arena challenges which can have Shepard be proven as the number 1 fighter in the galaxy, said rankings include Aria who was the main leader of Omega and James Vega who also goes through the N7 program and fights alongside Shepard in 3.

Sorry if all this seems wordy but I think this will serve and help in future debates for Mass Effect stuff at least. On the topic of one shots the Reaper can one shot you on the Rannoch mission if your not careful, even then their lasers can seriously maim Shepard.

Yeah, its fine, still think they're pretty much even, if only due to the Omnic Crisis+Jack actually needing to get the original strike force out of the nasty situations that can and will one-shot them(besides Rein), with tactics and skill, he did lead the original strike force of Overwatch, which consisted of Gabriel Reyes(without the fancy shit, only shotguns, stealth, and skill.), Ana, Reinhardt, Torbjörn, and himself. And only Reinhardt can scale to be able to have any kind of capabilities of handling OR-14s offensive capabilities. And even then he had... issues when he encountered his first one.

Back