• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite character profiles that need to be reworked or deleted due to recent rule changes

I think it is fine to remove the "Composite Profiles" category, in this case.

Should I establish some canon guidelines for Doctor Who? I already have a draft.

Given his current equipment, I don't think a split is needed. He has the 2Dis, which only the 13th Doctor has, but he also built it in a day. The Key to Time isn't just limited to one incarnation either, even the Eleventh Doctor tried to get it in one instance. And while the De-Mat Gun was only used once, he's used similar devices on many occasions.

The mirror amulet is probably a device only the seventh incarnation has used, but he still has it afterwards and it's literally the only durability description in his prep-time key.

If we add more stuff, I think this would work.

Jasonsith said:
There is only Devilman manga and Devilman anime

Just rework on the anime counterparts, kick all the manga feats back to the manga profiles and we are done.
No, there's like 20 animes and mangas, most of which have their own continuity, but the timelines are in some guide book.

Well from my understanding we do use similiar techniques for other characters as well, where the characters do need to get different keys and even profiles to represent their characters better, so I do think a split is needed in the long run to establish the character better.

As I said prior, from my understanding some Doctors do possess comparitively different powerset due to their equipment, and from my own talks, avatars like the 1st Doctor and the 7th Doctor apparently had some super disappointing showcase when compared to others.

I understand that it's a big ask to split a profile as such but honestly I do legitimately believe it's for the best.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the different bond incarnations actually reboots rather than all sharing the main character?

Also the 7th doctor is the one with the best feats

Not necessarily, Brosnan Bond is a soft reboot that wouldn't hurt the continuity, but it also had considerably higher showcase than other Bonds so he was out in a different profile as well.

i meant 8th ok shush

Yeah I'm with Zach

They're all the same character as opposed to something like Bond so arbitrarily splitting them seems unnecessary and you'd have to do the same for the other characters if we follow that route

I personally think that, if a split is needed, it would between Classic Who and Modern Who, that is, 1-8 and War-13.

Hellbeast1 said:
Yeah I'm with Zach

They're all the same character as opposed to something like Bond so arbitrarily splitting them seems unnecessary and you'd have to do the same for the other characters if we follow that route
Gandalf the grey and Gandalf the white seperate profiles when?

@Hellbeast Again mate, every anime protagonist is split like that, we already do that for ALOT of characters, hell I even listed more examples for it. The Doctor can literally have barren wastelands as Equipment for some incarnations, and we're pretending he doesn't now, acting as if his continuity and character evolution in terms of power doesn't exist, while in fact it does, it's poor representation altogether IMO.

@Zach If you can reasonably fit 14 and more keys in a profile and not make it look like a shitshow, we'll have a single profile. Happy?

Flawed logic on your part, Doctor Doom doesn't go through literal avatars as the series progresses, Doctor Doom doesn't have clear borders. You yourself admitted on Discord that the Doctor has a clear power continuity with each and every incarnation, so your shounen protagonist logic holds, and FYI using Marvel characters to justify your series is a poor show and admitting you have no argument considering we treat Marvel completely differently, and even then we've begun to apply Classic AND Modern keys to characters who really needed it due to a different mechanic, like Captain Marvel, Gwenpool and afformentioned Strange

So yes if Doctor Doom has the same level of gap in power as the 1st and 2nd Doctor do, with a clear distinction, he'll be split too.

"You yourself admitted on Discord that the Doctor has a clear power continuity with each and every incarnation"

Taking what I said out of context. The series got better feats as time went on. The 4th doctor fought Sutekh but he wasn't High 1-C at the time.

Also, every doctor shares the same standard equipment. Read The Doctor's TARDIS profile please. The others that he can get are optional.

Not really, in fact I can straight up show you scans of it.

Also you're literally describing why a key is needed by that example.

you know Zach I wasn't enough of an asshole to literally go "Read Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics" when you brought up your Doctor Doom idiocy So does the 1st Doctor have literally everything the 13th does?

Zach, you have admitted that the 1st Doctor, or the 2nd Doctor wouldnt have the same equipment and stuff that for instance, the 13th has. I'm not sure why you're going to try and deny that now

Either way, the split isn't just because of a power change, its also because its been agreed to make keys, and there is no way you're going to make that many keys look good on one profile, and because in general, a split between 1-8 and War onwards would be the best place for that

"So does the 1st Doctor have literally everything the 13th does?"

No.

But they're the same character. And what you are proposing is we have 14 different profiles with slight differences that all end up at the same tier because of the TARDIS.

I like how many strawmans you pull up in a single reply, implying you didn't read my first comment and are now arguing brainlessly.

All of these concerns are literally answered in it. Doesn't matter if it's the same character. If there are very slight differences then sure some will get composited into a single key. And it isn't about tier when he's getting unwarranted textwalls for EVERY incarnation. Again please anyone, do we composite Goku like this?

Also:

>profiles

tf

That can be fine, listing what each of theirs equipment does specifically for each Doctor, rather than just clumping everything for everyone. I can see that as okay if it's made clear.

The doctors profile isn't even clustered

It wouldn't effect the dalek profile, but all time lords get new bodies like that, notably The master and Rassilon (whose profiles suck anyways)

Zark2099 said:
That can be fine, listing what each of theirs equipment does specifically for each Doctor, rather than just clumping everything for everyone. I can see that as okay if it's made clear.
I see. I am fine with Fan's idea, in this case.

I mean you do you mate, with the canon standards and all, they're more important, but I'm just stating my thoughts on the matter.

Well, all of the Doctor's incarnations have almost the same statistics, and filling two profiles with keys for 14 incarnations or so seems messy and unnecessary.

Well standard equipment can be slightly split amongst keys, but prep time equipment is different. Like the 2nd doctors screwdriver wasn't combat applicable.

Antvasima said:
Well, all of the Doctor's incarnations have almost the same statistics, and filling two profiles with keys for 14 incarnations or so seems messy and unnecessary.
She actually mentioned that her build affects her.

So should we change the physical statistics for The Doctor to something lower than usual for the elderly incarnations and the female one?

Back