• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[CONCLUDED] The Child of Mobius faces the Man of Steel (Sonic vs Superman) [10-2-0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Base Sonic and 6-C Superman, speed is equalized. Can change if need be

Sonic: 10 (TheKingStrategist13, XSOULOFCINDERX, AnAverageUsername, Maverick_Zero_X, sanicspood, Kflare63, TauanVictor, ThanatosX, Gilad_Hyperstar, SuperStar)

Superman: 2 (XXKINGXX69, PapiSavitar5025)

Inconclusive: 0

lmao

Last edited:
Time to break down this cursed match-up.

Sonic:

+ AP is in Sonic's favor, but negligably so (Casually over 30 Gigatons vs 22 Gigatons, so vaguely higher than a ~1.3x difference)

+ Sonic's BFR might actually work if he sends Superman far enough away, as he wouldn't make it back in time before the BFR wincon is achieved.

+ If Superman generates electricity (which I heavily doubt he will), Sonic can absorb it.

+ Can hold his own against Superman's skill and might even be better in terms of combat prowess due to fighting well against Knuckles, who's trained in "every form of lethal combat" (and this is with aliens littered across the universe, on various planets)

+ As ******* ridiculous as it sounds, Sonic might be aware of Superman as a character considering he binge-read a shit ton of Flash comics and seems to take inspiration from comics in general (Blue Justice, anyone?). This would inadvertently lead to some potential basic knowledge of Supes, and would likely be Sonic's greatest advantage. (Lmao is this even a viable possibility in a Vs Match?)

- Outclassed in terms of Lifting Strength

- While his control of the battlefield is better, Superman's Flight offers a solid counter should he retreat.

- Might not take the fight as seriously as he should.

Superman:

+ His senses/Info Analysis are off the damn charts, so he can anticipate Sonic's powers being electrical in nature without having to experience it first.

+ Greater mobility via Flight, allowing for better freedom of movement when coupled with his natural agility

+ He has the Lifting Strength advantage by a ******* lot

+ Several innate abilities to take advantage of (Super Breath, Ice Breath, Heat Vision)

+ Resistant to Electricity

- His shown resistance to electricity may not be enough to handle the sheer amount of Sonic's energy, which Eggman had described as "infinite"

- As he often restrains himself, Superman may not use as much force as he should from the get-go.

As for who I vote for? I... don't actually know lol. Gonna wait to see if somebody else comments.

Supes will subconsciously hold back and definitely won’t try to mortally wound a kid, so he probably wouldn’t freeze Sonic to death or give him the Homelander treatment with his Heat Vision

will use heat vision to burn his face off
how you read superman comics, probably

unknown.png

If we're going in character, I doubt either would try their hardest. Supe's is literally the stereotypical goodie two shoes, especially with kid's, and Sonic... Is Sonic. I lean a little more towards Sonic, due to having overall more impressive physical feats as well as a legitimate BFR condition, but Supes definitely has a argument to be made here. Either way though I'm assuming both would go for incap if anything.

If we're going in character, I doubt either would try their hardest. Supe's is literally the stereotypical goodie two shoes, especially with kid's, and Sonic... Is Sonic. I lean a little more towards Sonic, due to having overall more impressive physical feats as well as a legitimate BFR condition, but Supes definitely has a argument to be made here. Either way though I'm assuming both would go for incap if anything.
How much more impressive

NVM, I was reading the profile wrong. Sonic's main advantage here is negligible at best. Still, as I said, I lean towards Sonic, but it's definitely a hard one.

There is no instance I can recall of him using it offensively by himself, but there's no reason he couldn't. He literally just has to throw a ring, and get his opponent through the portal the ring generates. Like I said it's a tough one, but I don't see much else in the way of quick win conditions. It's either that or it becomes one helluva sloberknocker that's hard to gauge.

Doesn't he use it offensively at the end of the first movie when he blitzes and rams Eggmans egg pod thingy through a portal to cast him on a planet across the universe or am I misremembering?

Hm, if that's the case, then it prolly would be in character, at least as a last ditch effort.

Yea, he'd def not use it as a starting move. Though I do think Sonic would prefer bfr'ing Superman over killing him if it comes to that. Which it prolly wouldn't until he realizes how much of a threat Supe's poses after goofing around a bit.

Yeah Sonic likely wouldn't want to kill anyone, much less Supes. I'd say they fight for a bit, Sonic realizes they're getting nowhere, then he goes for the BFR.

Yea, he def wouldn't opt for killing Supe's. in fact, now that I think about it, wouldn't he probably fanboy a bit over Superman? (Given he has a basic level of understanding on DC comics and is pretty naive and young)

That could be a little bad in his favor if that logic holds up.

I'm pretty sure even if we did say that, he wouldn't be unwilling to BFR if need be. Sides, Supes would probably fly back anyway.
Well, eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back