• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[CONCLUDED] The Child of Mobius faces the Man of Steel (Sonic vs Superman) [10-2-0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure even if we did say that, he wouldn't be unwilling to BFR if need be. Sides, Supes would probably fly back anyway.
Well, eventually.

I'm not trying to say he wouldn't eventually resort to that, in fact I think it's most likely as Sonic wouldn't want to kill someone be views as an idol, but I also think it would result in hesitating to BFR him and would drastically change the mood of the fight than if it were just some villain. I see it as an advantage for Superman. Though I'm not saying its enough for him to win. I'm still waiting to see more debate from both sides.

I feel like since BFR isn't something sonic usually does, the heat vision and info analysis from Superman would be enough to weaken Sonic just enough, so I'll vote Superman

Honestly? I'd give this to Superman. His advantages seem to shine more than Sonics, and even his BFR condition doesn't sound very convincing compared to Superman incapacitating Sonic in some other ways.

Sure, Sonic's a kid, and Superman wouldn't want to wound him -- but he doesn't have to do anything significant to stop him. He'll stop holding back the more he realizes just how strong this little blue Hedgehog is.
Not to mention Superman's stupid Lifting Strength advantage, there's little way Sonic's pushing him through a portal if the Man of Steel doesn't want him to. If Sonic does prepare some cool, fancy schmancy spindash to knock him in, all it takes is a harsh breath to send him tumbling back, or to turn him into a frosted hedgehog (non lethally, of course)

Sonic have an AP advantage and a much easier wincon than Superman.
Superman wont go for the kill, so his Heat Vision is out of the picture while Sonic have already shown to be willing of using his Rings to BFR the opponent, like he did with Eggman at the end of the first movie.
On top of this Superman doesn't have ways of easily incapaciteting Sonic and the Lifting Strenght advantage wont make that much of a difference considering that Sonic still have the AP advantage, which means that he can use his lightings to damage Superman if he grabs him and can use this instead of the LS to send Superman flying into the portal.
Voting Sonic, even thought at this point grace already started.

Sonic have an AP advantage and a much easier wincon than Superman.
Superman wont go for the kill, so his Heat Vision is out of the picture while Sonic have already shown to be willing of using his Rings to BFR the opponent, like he did with Eggman at the end of the first movie.
On top of this Superman doesn't have ways of easily incapaciteting Sonic and the Lifting Strenght advantage wont make that much of a difference considering that Sonic still have the AP advantage, which means that he can use his lightings to damage Superman if he grabs him and can use this instead of the LS to send Superman flying into the portal.
Voting Sonic, even thought at this point grace already started.
Heat Vision isn't off the table, while granted he wouldn't be going for the kill, it can be used non-lethally. Nevermind he has other powers to incap, by breathing too hard or just restraining him. Lightning also won't help much since Superman resists it.
Sonic also isn't overpowering in the LS department, and I doubt Superman's gonna sit there and let himself get knocked through a portal. I see him using his Super (or even Freeze) breath to send him tumbling away or drop him as a frozen cone -- with his head exposed -- so it'd incap, not kill.

The lightings are not just lightings, they have the same AP as him, if not higher considering they are made of Chaos Energy which is Sonic's main source of power. So regardless of Superman resisting lightings or not, their simple AP will heavily damage him if he tries to restrain Sonic in any way.
And I think you are heavily overrating the advantages given by the Lifting Strenght. Even if Superman have the LS advantage that doesn't mean that he can't be knocked backwards by Sonic's AP, which is how he sends opponents throught Portals. No LS is needed for that.
I don't see how the Super Breath will make any difference, considering that even if he sends Sonic away he wont damage him that much, which means that he can just get back up again or if he sends him miles away he will just use the Rings to go back to him.
And if Superman freeze him, Sonic can just use the heat of his lightings to melt the ice instantly. His lightings are hot enough to turn sand into glass instantly, which requires more than 1.600 degree Celsius, such temperature will melt away the ice easily.
I really don't see how Superman can win this in any believable way. You are free to think otherwise, but saying that the votes in Sonic favor are flawed is just wrong.

The lightings are not just lightings, they have the same AP as him, if not higher considering they are made of Chaos Energy which is Sonic's main source of power. So regardless of Superman resisting lightings or not, their simple AP will heavily damage him if he tries to restrain Sonic in any way.
And I think you are heavily overrating the advantages given by the Lifting Strenght. Even if Superman have the LS advantage that doesn't mean that he can't be knocked backwards by Sonic's AP, which is how he sends opponents throught Portals. No LS is needed for that.
I don't see how the Super Breath will make any difference, considering that even if he sends Sonic away he wont damage him that much, which means that he can just get back up again or if he sends him miles away he will just use the Rings to go back to him.
And if Superman freeze him, Sonic can just use the heat of his lightings to melt the ice instantly. His lightings are hot enough to turn sand into glass instantly, which requires more than 1.600 degree Celsius, such temperature will melt away the ice easily.
I really don't see how Superman can win this in any believable way. You are free to think otherwise, but saying that the votes in Sonic favor are flawed is just wrong.
Sonic has a negligable AP Advantage. He's not even twice as strong as Superman here, so lightning isn't as much of a game changer as you might think it is. Sonic, on the other hand, has a lesser resistance to Heat and Cold compared to what Superman could output, so those are actual viable options here.

Super Breath practically prevents BFR, nothing's stopping Superman from just blowing really hard and sending him back like a tumbleweed anytime Sonic attempts BFR. Not to mention he has higher versatility with flight, meaning he could just -- move out of the way. Not to mention if things are dire, Superman has a constant energy source he could fly up and amp himself by.

move out of the way. Not to mention if things are dire, Superman has a constant energy source he could fly up and amp himself by.
While I'm refraining from giving an actual vote, I will say, Sonic doesn't need to knock Superman INTO the portal, he could just spawn one if Superman ever charges at him or open a portal in a direction Superman tries to move in so he just flies into the portal and then close it. Similar to what he does in his chase with Eggman where he opened up portal rapid fire in front of him to run to different locations across the globe. Given that's the easier way out that also doesn't involve him having to hurt Superman in anyway, I feel he'd go for that over trying to knock him in physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back